The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#1OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/26/2012 1:11:38 PM
My two cents ... I say IW.

MP40 truly had no competition.
AK74u and Famas ... while they didn't clear cut overpower other guns in the game ... there really was no reason not to pick them as they both had the advantage over all other guns in the game in practically every situation. Sure Galil, MP5, Commando, AK were nice but again ... they really didn't have a single true advantage over the Famas so using them was more a matter of choice instead of a true reason to pick them.

As for IW ....

People still debate whether the M16 or the MP5 was the best in CoD4. No clear top gun.

In MW2 ... I see people bring up the UMP a lot ... and yet same people complain about ACR's laser accuracy, Tar's power and versatility, M16/Famas' one burst kills across the map and shotgun like power close range. Spas' range, AA-12's spamability, Akimbo M93s, Akimbo, G18s, Quickscoping and best of all ... Danger Close noob tube. If all these things are overpowered ... then that means the game is balance since so many things are extremely strong in that game.

MW3 ... ACR ... MP7 ... get used the most in MLG and yet ... Type 95 is the one everyone wanted banned. PP90 rapid fire ... G36C in the hands of someone that can control it ... outside of the unbalanced secondaries .... the primaries were pretty balanced in MW3 as well imo.

And now we have Black Ops 2 ... it's too early to call right now but ARs look useless right now. Not only where they nerfed in range and power but the maps aren't designed for them. I think there might be hope for the LMGs with the right attachments. But outside of certain maps ... SMGs will dominate this game overall but there might still be a spot for a few other classes.

So discuss ... better weapon balance ... IW or Treyarch.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#2Frost_LASERPosted 11/26/2012 1:13:57 PM
Infinity ward is better than Treyarch.
#3orphanjohnPosted 11/26/2012 1:17:31 PM
The only thing I would have to disagree with is calling the ARs useless in Black Ops 2. Otherwise I agree with you.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#4henrythefish96Posted 11/26/2012 1:20:45 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
Infinity ward is better than Treyarch.

---
A hero never loses, a hero Never dies. ~ Preschooler Nobu
#5MiCc_FiTzPosted 11/26/2012 1:23:28 PM
treyarch now. no matter what anyone says i dont think the smgs are op in this game. it is simply map design that has smgs being more useful.
#6OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:36:14 PM(edited)
orphanjohn posted...
The only thing I would have to disagree with is calling the ARs useless in Black Ops 2. Otherwise I agree with you.

Do you feel you have any actual advantage while using them? You have seen their stats right? Outside of the Fal/SMR ... their ranges and damage are comparable to the SMGs. They only advantage they seem to have is slightly better recoil overall and maybe more aim assist (haven't confirmed that).

Tar and Scar can kill in 3 bullets but the Tar's range is equal to the PDW and MSMC ... it's that bad.
Scar's rate of fire is so slow it makes up for the fact that it actually has decent range.

So I am not saying you can't use them ... but there doesn't seem to be a point to them.

The few lines of sights their slightly better recoil and 1 less bullet to kill are few and far between.

Most fire fights will be point blank to 50 feet away ... at those ranges ... the SMGs have equal or more damage per bullet, better fire rate, better mobility.

SMGs still play like SMGs ... ARs no longer play like ARs.

That and the map design ... to me personally ... ARs outside of the FAl.MSR ... are novelty weapons. They still work ... but why would you gimp yourself?
---
#7cirus 7Posted 11/26/2012 1:30:15 PM
MiCc_FiTz posted...
treyarch now. no matter what anyone says i dont think the smgs are op in this game. it is simply map design that has smgs being more useful.

this. if they released some good maps that werent the size of my bathroom, AR would be quite useful. come to think of it i have 2 classes built with an AR and i havent used either in over a week, but the maps i would consider using one on usually have snipers covering the areas it would be useful.
---
psn id "rajas".
#8OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:31:09 PM
MiCc_FiTz posted...

Compare the MW3 AR and SMG stats .... to the Blops 2 ARs and SMG stats.

ARs got nerfed ... SMGs are practially the same.

That combined with the poor map design makes ARs UNDERpowered in this game. SMGs are fine ...as you say but ARs are not.
---
#9armetimPosted 11/26/2012 1:32:44 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
MW3 ... ACR ... MP7 ... get used the most in MLG and yet ... Type 95 is the one everyone wanted banned. PP90 rapid fire ... G36C in the hands of someone that can control it ... outside of the unbalanced secondaries .... the primaries were pretty balanced in MW3 as well imo.

Ha, you forgot the FMG, the weapon that had like 10 nerfes. Surely a weapon that needs that much patches is balanced enough
---
PSN: Finn24402 , mention GFaq
#10unceramoniusPosted 11/26/2012 1:32:59 PM
MW2 had the best weapons by far.....each felt different and i had to play a totally different style with them all, with different perk sets. I ended up getting a nuke in ffa with nearly all weapons....and got all over 1000 kills.....no way i would do that in this game, waw (mp40) or black ops 1

F2000....sleight of hand and stopping power was intense
Ump....marathon lightweight for flanking
Mp5.....stopping power, steady aim, rapid fire for annoying commando users
Acr....for the crap camp fest maps like estate and karachi....camp like the rest at zero recoil
Tar for brute strength on a map like afghan were you can find yourself at long sites

I could go on and on.....what a absolutely brilliant game
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!