Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#21OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:50:31 PM
armetim posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
armetim posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
MW3 ... ACR ... MP7 ... get used the most in MLG and yet ... Type 95 is the one everyone wanted banned. PP90 rapid fire ... G36C in the hands of someone that can control it ... outside of the unbalanced secondaries .... the primaries were pretty balanced in MW3 as well imo.

Ha, you forgot the FMG, the weapon that had like 10 nerfes. Surely a weapon that needs that much patches is balanced enough

You must have missed the part where I said "unbalanced secondaries"

FMGs were unbalanced compared to the rest of the secondaries but the primaries were more than fine.

And if you weren't going Akimbo ... MP9 was the better choice so there was a true legit reason to pick another secondary.

Why take a MP9 laser gun, if you can take such a weapon as akimbo FMG.
No offence, but IMO treyarch is much better. I didnt care if I got killed by a AK47u or a Famas, since the difference was minimal with the other AR's. but when I got killed EACH **** TIME with some akimbo FMg spammer, I was about to throw my controller trough my TV

Akimbo FMGs were better than MP9s for a sniper until its spread was nerfed. Once that happened ... FMGs were still powerful close range but no longer good mid range. MP9 was clearly superior imo when using a sniper or shotgun primary to handle the mid range game better.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#22copycat2008Posted 11/26/2012 12:58:39 PM
i dunno about treyarch anymore, their playable multiplayer characters seems cartoonish, red and blue texture everywhere. dont you notice the difference when you aim down your sights on BO and on MW?? cant point my finger but iw seems more realistic then the cartoonish characters treyarch has. mw3 Mk14 is my favorite gun single rounds of pure power, g36c is my 2nd. and yes Bo2 smg is over all the best class on bo2.
like I said before treyarch cater TOO MUCH on run/gun they tip off the balance. not Just the balance on guns but the balance on play style too

1. theres ghost perk nerfed to the point that its pretty much useless. you gotta be run/gun to be able to use this perk, one more point for run/gunners.
2. the smg guns overpower as hell, they are powerful on close range and can even contest any gun on long range (I know cuz i've used it)
3. the lag, if your the type to creep up on your opponents your doom. you gotta run FAST this way lagg will make you invincible like run/gunners which treyarch lovessss.
4. AR, LMG, even sniper style players are NERFED! smg for run/gunners rules over everything, LMG? forget it its prety much a burden it will slow you down+ lagg = death. snipers? without your ghost perk forget it!

run/gunners have gathered and made enough complaints to reach treyarch ears.
#23orphanjohnPosted 11/26/2012 1:18:39 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
orphanjohn posted...
The only thing I would have to disagree with is calling the ARs useless in Black Ops 2. Otherwise I agree with you.

Do you feel you have any actual advantage while using them? You have seen their stats right? Outside of the Fal/SMR ... their ranges and damage are comparable to the SMGs. They only advantage they seem to have is slightly better recoil overall and maybe more aim assist (haven't confirmed that).

Tar and Scar can kill in 3 bullets but the Tar's range is equal to the PDW and MSMC ... it's that bad.
Scar's rate of fire is so slow it makes up for the fact that it actually has decent range.

So I am not saying you can't use them ... but there doesn't seem to be a point to them.

The few lines of sights their slightly better recoil and 1 less bullet to kill are few and far between.

Most fire fights will be point blank to 50 feet away ... at those ranges ... the SMGs have equal or more damage per bullet, better fire rate, better mobility.

SMGs still play like SMGs ... ARs no longer play like ARs.

That and the map design ... to me personally ... ARs outside of the FAl.MSR ... are novelty weapons. They still work ... but why would you gimp yourself?

The FAL is my main weapon lol. Close range I know I'm at the disadvantage, but at mid to long I just feel like I have the upper hand but that is just me.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#24Fate_AssassinPosted 11/26/2012 1:39:34 PM
Infinity Ward, each game any of the guns were usable.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#25OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:42:54 PM
orphanjohn posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
orphanjohn posted...
The only thing I would have to disagree with is calling the ARs useless in Black Ops 2. Otherwise I agree with you.

Do you feel you have any actual advantage while using them? You have seen their stats right? Outside of the Fal/SMR ... their ranges and damage are comparable to the SMGs. They only advantage they seem to have is slightly better recoil overall and maybe more aim assist (haven't confirmed that).

Tar and Scar can kill in 3 bullets but the Tar's range is equal to the PDW and MSMC ... it's that bad.
Scar's rate of fire is so slow it makes up for the fact that it actually has decent range.

So I am not saying you can't use them ... but there doesn't seem to be a point to them.

The few lines of sights their slightly better recoil and 1 less bullet to kill are few and far between.

Most fire fights will be point blank to 50 feet away ... at those ranges ... the SMGs have equal or more damage per bullet, better fire rate, better mobility.

SMGs still play like SMGs ... ARs no longer play like ARs.

That and the map design ... to me personally ... ARs outside of the FAl.MSR ... are novelty weapons. They still work ... but why would you gimp yourself?

The FAL is my main weapon lol. Close range I know I'm at the disadvantage, but at mid to long I just feel like I have the upper hand but that is just me.

Well with the FAL ... yes ... that one seems like a balanced AR in this game. As does MSR. They only two legit ARs imo.
---
#26OuragonPosted 11/26/2012 1:45:55 PM
Old IW > Treyarch > New IW

MW2 in particular has substantial gun diversity, coupled with stopping power can result in many different playstyles.

Black ops's assault rifles in particular were very similar overall, did not feel distinct. Some weapons were clear winners in their category ie famas and ak-74u.

MW3 was pretty bad. When all the assualt rifles kill in the same number of bullets, the lowest recoil one wins. Hence the ACR. Same problem with the MP7. Clean irons, larger than average magazine, and zero recoil = ridiculousness.

Blops 2 is still early. I think they've gotten better at distinguishing guns, but many smgs and assault rifles feel similar at this point.
#27OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:59:30 PM
Ouragon posted...
Old IW > Treyarch > New IW

MW2 in particular has substantial gun diversity, coupled with stopping power can result in many different playstyles.

Black ops's assault rifles in particular were very similar overall, did not feel distinct. Some weapons were clear winners in their category ie famas and ak-74u.

MW3 was pretty bad. When all the assualt rifles kill in the same number of bullets, the lowest recoil one wins. Hence the ACR. Same problem with the MP7. Clean irons, larger than average magazine, and zero recoil = ridiculousness.

Blops 2 is still early. I think they've gotten better at distinguishing guns, but many smgs and assault rifles feel similar at this point.

I disagree.

MW3's ARs were just as balanced.

ACR might have had the least recoil but it didn't have the best center speed nor the best rate of fire.

It was one of the worst close range ARs and it wasn't quite as amazing long distance either.

It was just extremely good at all ranges.

G36C killed faster close range and could deal with SMG users better than the ACR could and G36C's center speed allowed for perfect accuracy while bursting extremely fast long distance.

I am not alone in thinking the G36C was actually superior to the ACR in the right hands.

Then there was the Type 95 which was considered OP by many. If the Type 95 was even remotely OP ... how was the ACR better?

If you didn't use silencers ... the M4 was actually the ACR but with way better fire rate. ACR's only true advantage over the M4 was it's better damage at range so it worked better with a silencer.

And I haven't even talked about the MK14.

MW3's ARs were diverse and all had pros and cons ... exactly how it should be. Only the M16 and the AK47 offered no true pro over the others.
---
#28Masterpie3000Posted 11/26/2012 2:27:38 PM
3arch has had a few weapons too good, IW had like a lot of really good and really bad weapons. this time around it seems most things are in tact, a few weapons not on par with the rest but overall the best ive seen (them pistols need to go -__-)
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#29Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 3:06:58 PM
Lol @ talking about gun balance in an IW game. In MW2 and 3, all of the damn guns were just insta-gib railcannons with no recoil. So if you call that balanced, since they all behaved the same anyway, I guess so.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#30IkasnuPosted 11/26/2012 3:07:59 PM
IW before they parted.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.