Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#41Kooljay95Posted 11/26/2012 4:40:41 PM
Really I think all the cods are balanced gunwised, yes even W@W. However I think IW does it a little better.
#42Weiland101Posted 11/26/2012 4:47:15 PM
supertomato_13 posted...
Weiland101 posted...
Hell, MW2 has Akimbo P90s and MP5s and they weren't even in the conversation when discussing OP weapons in MW2. That says it all.

Outside of barrel stuff range they were pretty crappy.

Yeah I know, thats what I'm saying. The fact that those guns were decent weapons on their own just shows how well IW did by not making them OP when akimbo'd but still fun to use. One of my favourite classes in that game was Marathon/Lightweight Akimbo P90s.
#43sonic_rockzPosted 11/26/2012 4:58:01 PM
IW's worst game (Mw3 so far) will be better than ANY game Treyarch can put out.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#44Drago77Posted 11/26/2012 4:58:15 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
Infinity ward is better than Treyarch.

---
http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2014e8aa7fa89970d-popup
^That's you.
#45Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 5:16:01 PM
sonic_rockz posted...

Are you insane? Even CoD3 was better than MW3. What type of nonsense is this?
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#46flame030191Posted 11/26/2012 5:26:51 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
sonic_rockz posted...

Why? Because of cars? CoD3 was horrible, especially coming from the greatest in the series, CoD2 (PC/360 CoD2, not the crap BRO that 3arc released on consoles).

Seriously, MW3 was really good, and what MW2 should have been. BOps2 took the worst of BOps and MW ideas and threw them together.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#47Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 5:48:55 PM(edited)
flame030191 posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
sonic_rockz posted...

Why? Because of cars? CoD3 was horrible, especially coming from the greatest in the series, CoD2 (PC/360 CoD2, not the crap BRO that 3arc released on consoles).

Seriously, MW3 was really good, and what MW2 should have been. BOps2 took the worst of BOps and MW ideas and threw them together.

CoD3 was pretty much an expanded version of CoD2. Same damn gameplay, just better. Too bad it didn't get a PC release.

And the vehicles were great, reminded me of the expansion pack for CoD1. In fact, CoD3 was closer to that than anything else.

MW3 is about as bad as MW2 was, and that's not good. No concept of balance at all, just like MW2. CoD4 was the last decent game IW ever made.

It's funny - after all these years, I've seen people bash CoD3, yet not a single person ever said *why* they thought the game was bad. Must've just been a bunch of bandwagoners trying to be cool, I guess. I also don't understand why people worship IW, a dev they didn't know s*** about prior to CoD4/MW2 anyway.
---
#48diesector__Posted 11/26/2012 5:47:55 PM(edited)
IW, no contest.

Treyarch's been inept at gun balance ever since they started pumping out CoD installments, but I really wanted them to actually succeed (or at least do something competent) for BO2 considering all of the interesting ideas, but they've fallen flat on their face again. I just checked the preliminary damage charts for symthic.com, and it looks pretty bad.

- Nearly half of all automatics fire at 937 or 750 RPM again (not as bad as BO, but still)
- In raw damage, ARs annihilate SMGs
- Whoever made the damage profile for the Vector needs to be shot. It's basically the MP7 but worse with no redeeming features
- Executioner full-damage range is also knifing range
- Pistols are trash once their max damage range disappears. Confirms my fears about no one using pistol sidearms
- Shotguns are pathetic
- XPR-50 is essentially a non-bolt-action Ballista (pure upgrade)
- HAMR gets sodomized by all the other LMGs

Granted, there aren't viewkick/centerspeed numbers yet to be crunched, but unless there's wildly divergent recoil profiles between guns, things are looking grim. Treyarch drops the ball once again.
---
Fortress of daylight, come here and standby...
#49ExtremeLightPosted 11/26/2012 6:05:23 PM
We have to look at the recent games first.

MW3:
-FM akimbo were used as primary. Abuse is more like it.
-QS and snipers was waaayy to easy to used
-Striker if not OP was simply the most powerful weapon at close range.
-all other shotgun reeked in comparsion.
-AR was fairly balanced.
-SMG was balanced as well.
-Explosives though was super nerfed. (two grenade launcher to kill one person.... Really???)

BO2:
-pistols seem better at mid range than some other weapon.
- SMG seem to have the upper hand in this game (but that's really a map issue)
-all AR are actually balanced.
-KSG is now the so-called killer weapon.
-Other shotguns are inferior.
-Sniping is better than MW3. QS still exist.

You see here that Both games were pretty balanced expect for a few guns but BO2 take the gold...

MW2:
-QS...
-But most guns was balanced. Probably the most balanced guns in history.

BO:
All the weapons seem balanced expect for the AR class:
-Famas and Aug was widely believed to be over-powered. Later when more people used it, Gail also became an "OP" weapon.
-This game imprinted the term noobtubers. Nearly impossible to survive any explosives.

As you can clearly see the weapons were really more balanced in BO and MW2. However the games themselves were not.
MW3 and BO2 tell us another story. They improved the multiplayer gameplay but started getting real lazy with weapons. Also these two game are more plagued by problems such as spawn, lag comp, and QS.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#50Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 6:37:47 PM
The Famas and AK74u, as well as the Galil were indeed railcannons in Blops 1, but I primarily used the G11. Explosives also were a joke to me since I used Flak Jacket Pro rather than Hardline most of the time. Flak Jacket Pro + Tactical Mask Pro = walking tank. Even though you sacrifice Hacker Pro, you'll survive any potential trap as long as your health isn't too low.
---