Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#51hockeybub89Posted 11/26/2012 7:44:10 PM
World at War and the Black Ops games are infinitely better and more balanced than Modern Warfare 2 and 3.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#52Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 7:58:13 PM
^Yep.

I guess everyone forgot about getting sniped across the map with a suppressed UMP in MW2 and dying in two hits. Or the ridiculous explosive spam, made even more hilarious by the fact that IW foolishly made a marketing ad which was centered on mocking people who used explosives too much.

Yep, TONS of gun balanced. Even though most of the guns had zero recoil in the first place, hence them being "balanced". Oh, and what of getting knifed from a billion miles away with Commando. MW2 was a terribly-balanced game, that's all there is to it. Guess everyone is viewing the game through rose-tinted nostalgia goggles or something.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#53nochange36Posted 11/26/2012 8:21:43 PM
Its hard to answer considering that after MW2 IW was basically gutted by craptivision.
#54flame030191Posted 11/26/2012 8:32:46 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
flame030191 posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
IW's worst game (Mw3 so far) will be better than ANY game Treyarch can put out.

Are you insane? Even CoD3 was better than MW3. What type of nonsense is this?

Why? Because of cars? CoD3 was horrible, especially coming from the greatest in the series, CoD2 (PC/360 CoD2, not the crap BRO that 3arc released on consoles).

Seriously, MW3 was really good, and what MW2 should have been. BOps2 took the worst of BOps and MW ideas and threw them together.

CoD3 was pretty much an expanded version of CoD2. Same damn gameplay, just better. Too bad it didn't get a PC release.

And the vehicles were great, reminded me of the expansion pack for CoD1. In fact, CoD3 was closer to that than anything else.

MW3 is about as bad as MW2 was, and that's not good. No concept of balance at all, just like MW2. CoD4 was the last decent game IW ever made.

It's funny - after all these years, I've seen people bash CoD3, yet not a single person ever said *why* they thought the game was bad. Must've just been a bunch of bandwagoners trying to be cool, I guess. I also don't understand why people worship IW, a dev they didn't know s*** about prior to CoD4/MW2 anyway.

MW3 unbalanced, yet CoD3, World at War, BOps, and BOps2 are balanced?

Um.... Yeah, sure. Believe what you want. At least MW3 doesn't have Black Bird, Flak Jacket, Famas, CoD3 M1/Thomson, W@W MP40/Flamethrower, or BOps2 Lightning Strike.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#55HaahahahaPosted 11/26/2012 9:48:38 PM
how can you tell? in MW1 the mp7 was OP as hell.

in MW2 + 3 you die instantly like... wtf?

i say treyarch, but only because i dont play MW2 or 3 often
---
SoulSilverFC~ 4126 3793 3849
#56Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/26/2012 10:00:56 PM
flame030191 posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
flame030191 posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
sonic_rockz posted...
IW's worst game (Mw3 so far) will be better than ANY game Treyarch can put out.

Are you insane? Even CoD3 was better than MW3. What type of nonsense is this?

Why? Because of cars? CoD3 was horrible, especially coming from the greatest in the series, CoD2 (PC/360 CoD2, not the crap BRO that 3arc released on consoles).

Seriously, MW3 was really good, and what MW2 should have been. BOps2 took the worst of BOps and MW ideas and threw them together.

CoD3 was pretty much an expanded version of CoD2. Same damn gameplay, just better. Too bad it didn't get a PC release.

And the vehicles were great, reminded me of the expansion pack for CoD1. In fact, CoD3 was closer to that than anything else.

MW3 is about as bad as MW2 was, and that's not good. No concept of balance at all, just like MW2. CoD4 was the last decent game IW ever made.

It's funny - after all these years, I've seen people bash CoD3, yet not a single person ever said *why* they thought the game was bad. Must've just been a bunch of bandwagoners trying to be cool, I guess. I also don't understand why people worship IW, a dev they didn't know s*** about prior to CoD4/MW2 anyway.

MW3 unbalanced, yet CoD3, World at War, BOps, and BOps2 are balanced?

Um.... Yeah, sure. Believe what you want. At least MW3 doesn't have Black Bird, Flak Jacket, Famas, CoD3 M1/Thomson, W@W MP40/Flamethrower, or BOps2 Lightning Strike.

Get outta here. There wasn't anything overpowered about Black Bird -- you must be abysmal if you think that was OP. If someone got the kills for it, they deserved it, and you could counter it with a CUAV anyway.

Flak Jacket wasn't OP either, it was a great counter to anyone trying to spam explosives, as well as a great counter to the random cross-map nades which would magnetize towards your char model.

CoD3 weapons were balanced quite well. Either you got good or you got owned, the way it should be. I never said BO2 was balanced, so don't put words in my mouth.

And LOL @ saying the WaW flamethrower was OP. It was one of the worst weapons in the game. The MP40 was indeed OP on the console versions (got patched on PC), but it was easily countered by anyone with actual skill, or someone using the rifles with no scopes.
---
#57Grand_SuperiorPosted 11/26/2012 10:20:03 PM(edited)
I haven't played Black Ops 2 yet, but Infinity Ward gets my vote for now.

MW1's guns were pretty well balanced with a few exceptions. The MP5 was slightly too good and the M40+ACOG glitch should have been patched. Still pretty good.

WaW would've been fine if not for the MP40, which is probably the most overpowered gun in any COD game in context with the other guns in that game. How they let that gun through to the final game is beyond me.

MW2's gun balance was the best COD has ever seen and no COD game has even come close to it. Each gun had its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses that gave each a specific niche role. You could literally use any gun you wanted and do well without feeling gimped.

Black Ops 1's gun balance, on the other hand, was downright embarrassing. Copy-pasted stats, strictly inferior clones, the FAMAS/AUG's balance issues, several useless guns, etc. Laziest gun design I've ever seen in a COD game.

MW3's guns were okay, but there were definitely a few balance issues (already mentioned in this topic). Definitely not up to par with MW2, but not as bad as Black Ops 1.

So yeah, Infinity Ward by nautical miles.
---
~Th3 GrÅnD€§† SµPeR1Ør~
Grand Larceny, 572437 Commodore 64 Ave., GameFAQS
#58AegisGainesPosted 11/26/2012 10:57:20 PM
I find the guns pretty balanced in this game. To me it reminds me of CoD 4 the most. A range of good and different weapons that have varying strengths. I will admit a lot of people run SMGs but that is because they can only take advantage of tight corners to get kills rather than winning mid ranged fire fights. The ARs will decimate in most engagements provided you aren't doing anything foolish like sprinting and hoping to get the jump on someone 5 meters away with an SMG and rapid fire. I find myself using Shotguns more than I ever did in any other game. I haven't made much use of LMGs but I can see them working really well in stages like Yemen and Turbine.I'm glad I don't see myself get murked from across the map by 3 SMG bullets.

I think Treyarch did a pretty food job with the starters weapons since they are comparable to just about everything except the final unlocks, with the exception of Sniper rifles.
---
Nightmares Never Sleep
PSN: Rahmeesh
#59unceramoniusPosted 11/27/2012 4:52:15 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma......hilarious stuff, take of the treyarh pjs

the ump was in no way over powered.....and nice try with the two hits at ranged silenced. It is 3 hits and its the SLOWEST rof smg.

I love how you say the mp40 could be combated with skill....but fail to acknowledge that the ump was outclassed in cqc by shotguns and other smgs ( mp5).....mid range...with assault rifles...and long range with the snipers. Its best area was just outside shotgun range

Your obviously "not skillfull" enough to beat what is probably the best rushing game in the game....as it does not need stopping power to benefet unless in extreme cqc...where it is indeed 2 hit kill

Im guessing you ran juggernaught and a silenced mp40 in waw........just like EVERYONE ELSE.....gee i wonder why mmm?
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#60Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/27/2012 2:42:00 PM
unceramonius posted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma......hilarious stuff, take of the treyarh pjs

the ump was in no way over powered.....and nice try with the two hits at ranged silenced. It is 3 hits and its the SLOWEST rof smg.

I love how you say the mp40 could be combated with skill....but fail to acknowledge that the ump was outclassed in cqc by shotguns and other smgs ( mp5).....mid range...with assault rifles...and long range with the snipers. Its best area was just outside shotgun range

Your obviously "not skillfull" enough to beat what is probably the best rushing game in the game....as it does not need stopping power to benefet unless in extreme cqc...where it is indeed 2 hit kill

Im guessing you ran juggernaught and a silenced mp40 in waw........just like EVERYONE ELSE.....gee i wonder why mmm?

Hey look, it's the same joker from the Tekken Tag 2 boards who complains about how juggles are overpowered and other ridiculous nonsense. I shouldn't even be replying to you since you have no credibility whatsoever, but it's fun, so here we go.

UMP wasn't OP? Guess that's why no one used any other SMG's in the game except for people who couldn't even aim the UMP somehow and opted to spray with the P90. Or how about the akimbo G18 with steady aim trick? And actually, the UMP *was* a 2 hit kill from almost any range if you had stopping power. Which a lot of people did. But if you opted to not use SP, it was 3hit kill from just about any range even with the suppressor.

Nothing outclassed the UMP. I dunno what game you played, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Shotguns were novelty weapons anyway after they patched the 1887 exploit. They were easily trashed by any SMG and just about any AR in the game even at close range.

I did have an MP40 class, but not with jugg, which I never used in any CoD anyway. In WaW, my main weapons were the M1 Garand, the BAR, and the M1 Thompson. The only time I used the MP40 was literally just to troll people.

Once again, you making blatant assumptions with no basis and THEN spouting completely unfounded BS and trying to pretend it was true. Try again.
---