Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#61Bigyeti13Posted 11/27/2012 3:40:12 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
unceramonius posted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma......hilarious stuff, take of the treyarh pjs

the ump was in no way over powered.....and nice try with the two hits at ranged silenced. It is 3 hits and its the SLOWEST rof smg.

I love how you say the mp40 could be combated with skill....but fail to acknowledge that the ump was outclassed in cqc by shotguns and other smgs ( mp5).....mid range...with assault rifles...and long range with the snipers. Its best area was just outside shotgun range

Your obviously "not skillfull" enough to beat what is probably the best rushing game in the game....as it does not need stopping power to benefet unless in extreme cqc...where it is indeed 2 hit kill

Im guessing you ran juggernaught and a silenced mp40 in waw........just like EVERYONE ELSE.....gee i wonder why mmm?

Hey look, it's the same joker from the Tekken Tag 2 boards who complains about how juggles are overpowered and other ridiculous nonsense. I shouldn't even be replying to you since you have no credibility whatsoever, but it's fun, so here we go.

UMP wasn't OP? Guess that's why no one used any other SMG's in the game except for people who couldn't even aim the UMP somehow and opted to spray with the P90. Or how about the akimbo G18 with steady aim trick? And actually, the UMP *was* a 2 hit kill from almost any range if you had stopping power. Which a lot of people did. But if you opted to not use SP, it was 3hit kill from just about any range even with the suppressor.

Nothing outclassed the UMP. I dunno what game you played, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Shotguns were novelty weapons anyway after they patched the 1887 exploit. They were easily trashed by any SMG and just about any AR in the game even at close range.

I did have an MP40 class, but not with jugg, which I never used in any CoD anyway. In WaW, my main weapons were the M1 Garand, the BAR, and the M1 Thompson. The only time I used the MP40 was literally just to troll people.

Once again, you making blatant assumptions with no basis and THEN spouting completely unfounded BS and trying to pretend it was true. Try again.

Uh... UMP had the lowest fire rate of all the SMGs making it the worst CQC SMG....
AA-12 and Akimbo Rangers are ridiculously easy to use in close range not to mention they are actually in the secondaries department...
Also UMP had a 40-35 damage. Stopping power increase damage by *1.4. 40-35 becomes 56-49.... It's still 3 hit at long range...
G18 akimbo's insane rate of fire is offset to be close range weapon ONLY not to mention you need to insanely conserve ammo or use scavenger.... (in really close range akimbo rangers or AA-12 still kills faster)
Mini-uzi kills faster than P90 at the cost of less ammo.
MP5K kills faster than P90 and UMP in close range (40-20 damage with 850RPM)
---
Sentence below is false
Sentence above is true
#62LittleDeathJrPosted 11/27/2012 5:13:15 PM
Grand_Superior posted...
I haven't played Black Ops 2 yet, but Infinity Ward gets my vote for now.

MW1's guns were pretty well balanced with a few exceptions. The MP5 was slightly too good and the M40+ACOG glitch should have been patched. Still pretty good.

WaW would've been fine if not for the MP40, which is probably the most overpowered gun in any COD game in context with the other guns in that game. How they let that gun through to the final game is beyond me.

MW2's gun balance was the best COD has ever seen and no COD game has even come close to it. Each gun had its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses that gave each a specific niche role. You could literally use any gun you wanted and do well without feeling gimped.

Black Ops 1's gun balance, on the other hand, was downright embarrassing. Copy-pasted stats, strictly inferior clones, the FAMAS/AUG's balance issues, several useless guns, etc. Laziest gun design I've ever seen in a COD game.

MW3's guns were okay, but there were definitely a few balance issues (already mentioned in this topic). Definitely not up to par with MW2, but not as bad as Black Ops 1.

So yeah, Infinity Ward by nautical miles.

>Being the most OP weapon in CoD.
>Not being the Type 95.
---
PSN: {suicidebomb2}
Saying "U mad" or "Cool Story, Bro" automatically invalidates anything you say.
#63flame030191Posted 11/27/2012 5:21:13 PM
unceramonius posted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma......hilarious stuff, take of the treyarh pjs

the ump was in no way over powered.....and nice try with the two hits at ranged silenced. It is 3 hits and its the SLOWEST rof smg.

I love how you say the mp40 could be combated with skill....but fail to acknowledge that the ump was outclassed in cqc by shotguns and other smgs ( mp5).....mid range...with assault rifles...and long range with the snipers. Its best area was just outside shotgun range

Your obviously "not skillfull" enough to beat what is probably the best rushing game in the game....as it does not need stopping power to benefet unless in extreme cqc...where it is indeed 2 hit kill

Im guessing you ran juggernaught and a silenced mp40 in waw........just like EVERYONE ELSE.....gee i wonder why mmm?

Quoted for truth.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#64Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/27/2012 5:50:52 PM
The fire rate argument is a pretty terrible one. I used to pick the UMP up off of random commoners and subsequently go on to own up the whole lobby with no effort. It didn't matter what gun anyone else had, the gun still fires quickly and with just a 2-hit kill at close-to-med range regardless of SP and attachments, it's a friggin' joke to try to justify the UMP as not being a railcannon because it has a lower firing rate than other weapons. What a joke excuse.

What's even funnier is how everyone's acting like 2~3 shots takes like five minutes to be fired from the gun. Damn-near every gun in MW2 was a recoil-less railcannon and everyone died the moment they were spotted, so these trivial stats you commoners keep pulling up aren't even relevant. I played that garbage excuse for an FPS long enough to know all this. The UMP had no real drawbacks whatsoever, hence why if people weren't running around with a OMA noobtube class, they were either running a UMP class or some lame-ass Commando tele-knife setup. The other 0.5% of the community "played like normal", i.e. with no gimmicks.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#65rts11220Posted 11/27/2012 6:17:48 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
The fire rate argument is a pretty terrible one. I used to pick the UMP up off of random commoners and subsequently go on to own up the whole lobby with no effort. It didn't matter what gun anyone else had, the gun still fires quickly and with just a 2-hit kill at close-to-med range regardless of SP and attachments, it's a friggin' joke to try to justify the UMP as not being a railcannon because it has a lower firing rate than other weapons. What a joke excuse.

What's even funnier is how everyone's acting like 2~3 shots takes like five minutes to be fired from the gun. Damn-near every gun in MW2 was a recoil-less railcannon and everyone died the moment they were spotted, so these trivial stats you commoners keep pulling up aren't even relevant. I played that garbage excuse for an FPS long enough to know all this. The UMP had no real drawbacks whatsoever, hence why if people weren't running around with a ,.OMA noobtube class, they were either running a UMP class or some lame-ass Commando,. tele-knife setup. The other 0.5% of the community "played like normal", i.e. with no gimmicks.

that right there is more diverse than any 3arc cod i've ever played.
---
this sig sucks
#66elheberPosted 11/27/2012 6:20:11 PM
Weapon diversity is way more important than balance. Infinity Ward has the best diversity by far. Every weapon played differently and had its own role in each MW game.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#67UberDarkGuardiaPosted 11/27/2012 6:22:38 PM
This is silly.

MW1 was the best game to date. Almost perfectly balanced. Stopping Power and Juggernaut cancelled each other out. Double Tap is what pro's ran because it beat Juggernaut and would crush SP users IF you got the drop.

CoD5 had the MP40. If not for it, it would be perfectly balanced. But the MP40 had 50 damage close range. Legitimately overpowered.

MW2 was a mess. Stopping Power with no counter. Danger Close > Sonic Boom, though Blast Shield was finally added. Double Tap moved to attachment. FAMAS was the scrub gun, if only for the fact that it was so effective, NOT OVERPOWERED THOUGH. The UMP is debatable, an SMG that kills in 1 hit in Hardcore modes, and it's recoil was low enough that you could easily land 3 hits at range with it. The Model 1887's death patch was also unnecessary. Anyone that used them would know that they still weren't overpowered, though they completely outclassed other shotguns. But then, the Model worked more like a REAL shotgun. And no one wants that. Otherwise, not a bad game.

BO did better, sort of. Attachment limitations. Flak Jacket, now like Juggernaut without a counter, but could easily be overlooked. FAMAS and AUG, plus AK74u... yeah, they were good. FAMAS and AUG were like the MW1 M4A1 with Double Tap (which I personally love to use) and they destroy. AK74u was like the UMP, low recoil, BUT lower damage at range. Not an issue. Still got nerfed a bit.

MW3.. I can't say. I got into it but hated it cause of the overactive lag compensation... so yeah.

And now BO2, if you look at all the weapon stats, its like MW1 again, where everything is unique, and while there are guns that are clearly superior, you can still win as long as you know your weapon.

The argument itself is invalid. They are both game designers. Their games are equally flawed or equally balanced, depending on your view.
---
[DSX] UberDarkGuardian
Commander of Dark Sentinels X Clan
#68supertomato_13Posted 11/27/2012 6:28:06 PM
UberDarkGuardia posted...
FAMAS was the scrub gun

It was the gentlemen's weapon not the scrubs >.>

The UMP was the overused scrub weapon of choice.
---
-----------------------
Budokai 3 HD <3
#69rts11220Posted 11/27/2012 6:30:54 PM
UberDarkGuardia posted...
This is silly.

MW1 was the best game to date. Almost perfectly balanced. Stopping Power and Juggernaut cancelled each other out. Double Tap is what pro's ran because it beat Juggernaut and would crush SP users IF you got the drop.

CoD5 had the MP40. If not for it, it would be perfectly balanced. But the MP40 had 50 damage close range. Legitimately overpowered.

MW2 was a mess. Stopping Power with no counter. Danger Close > Sonic Boom, though Blast Shield was finally added. Double Tap moved to attachment. FAMAS was the scrub gun, if only for the fact that it was so effective, NOT OVERPOWERED THOUGH. The UMP is debatable, an SMG that kills in 1 hit in Hardcore modes, and it's recoil was low enough that you could easily land 3 hits at range with it. The Model 1887's death patch was also unnecessary. Anyone that used them would know that they still weren't overpowered, though they completely outclassed other shotguns. But then, the Model worked more like a REAL shotgun. And no one wants that. Otherwise, not a bad game.

BO did better, sort of. Attachment limitations. Flak Jacket, now like Juggernaut without a counter, but could easily be overlooked. FAMAS and AUG, plus AK74u... yeah, they were good. FAMAS and AUG were like the MW1 M4A1 with Double Tap (which I personally love to use) and they destroy. AK74u was like the UMP, low recoil, BUT lower damage at range. Not an issue. Still got nerfed a bit.

MW3.. I can't say. I got into it but hated it cause of the overactive lag compensation... so yeah.

And now BO2, if you look at all the weapon stats, its like MW1 again, where everything is unique, and while there are guns that are clearly superior, you can still win as long as you know your weapon.

The argument itself is invalid. They are both game designers. Their games are equally flawed or equally balanced, depending on your view.

cold blooded was there. thats why in hc everybody used it because you didn't NEED it. the VERY NEXT GAME where stopping power wasn't even an option guess which perk dominated?
---
this sig sucks
#70Grand_SuperiorPosted 11/27/2012 6:34:12 PM
Hate to use an "overused" argument on these COD boards, but overused =/= overpowered.

I used to think the UMP45 was overpowered too, but all it was was ridiculously easy to use and decent in most any situation. Truly a "jack of all trades, master of none" weapon. The UMP45 didn't overpower everything and it definitely didn't overpower the other SMGs. As Bigyeti said, the other SMGs had things to offer that the UMP45 didn't. Hell, it was actually the "worst" SMG in MW2 because it was the worst at close quarters.

The UMP45 may have been easier to use and to do well with, but it wasn't strictly better than the other SMGs or the other guns in the game. It isn't like the FAMAS in Black Ops (which actually was statistically better than the other ARs and was overpowered).
---
~Th3 GrÅnD€§† SµPeR1Ør~
Grand Larceny, 572437 Commodore 64 Ave., GameFAQS