Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#71Weiland101Posted 11/27/2012 5:37:36 PM(edited)
Stopping Power DID have a counter, it was called Cold-Blooded..

What perk supposedly got OP when Stopping Power was taken out?

*edit* Is it just me or do people talk about the old CODs an awful lot on here compared to previous boards.
#72Bigyeti13Posted 11/27/2012 11:25:54 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
The fire rate argument is a pretty terrible one. I used to pick the UMP up off of random commoners and subsequently go on to own up the whole lobby with no effort. It didn't matter what gun anyone else had, the gun still fires quickly and with just a 2-hit kill at close-to-med range regardless of SP and attachments, it's a friggin' joke to try to justify the UMP as not being a railcannon because it has a lower firing rate than other weapons. What a joke excuse.

What's even funnier is how everyone's acting like 2~3 shots takes like five minutes to be fired from the gun. Damn-near every gun in MW2 was a recoil-less railcannon and everyone died the moment they were spotted, so these trivial stats you commoners keep pulling up aren't even relevant. I played that garbage excuse for an FPS long enough to know all this. The UMP had no real drawbacks whatsoever, hence why if people weren't running around with a OMA noobtube class, they were either running a UMP class or some lame-ass Commando tele-knife setup. The other 0.5% of the community "played like normal", i.e. with no gimmicks.

We're talking about Call of Duty, a game where 0.1 second in the multiplayer actually affect the outcome of who wins and who loses....

In fact, TAR-21 have a faster fire rate with same damage and just a little bit more recoil than UMP. SCAR-H has the same fire rate, same damage and WAY less recoil (beaten by ACR) with a longer range. Does that mean those 2 guns beat UMP in every way possible then?

Grand_Superior posted...
Hate to use an "overused" argument on these COD boards, but overused =/= overpowered.

I used to think the UMP45 was overpowered too, but all it was was ridiculously easy to use and decent in most any situation. Truly a "jack of all trades, master of none" weapon. The UMP45 didn't overpower everything and it definitely didn't overpower the other SMGs. As Bigyeti said, the other SMGs had things to offer that the UMP45 didn't. Hell, it was actually the "worst" SMG in MW2 because it was the worst at close quarters.

The UMP45 may have been easier to use and to do well with, but it wasn't strictly better than the other SMGs or the other guns in the game. It isn't like the FAMAS in Black Ops (which actually was statistically better than the other ARs and was overpowered).

Thank you for agreeing. You deserve a cookie.
---
Sentence below is false
Sentence above is true
#73xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/27/2012 11:34:57 PM
Infinity Ward. Almost every gun in Infinity Ward games is powerful and usable, even if outclassed in certain aspects by other guns, and the outclassed guns are usually unique in certain aspects and fun to use. Treyarch can't balance guns to save their lives... they always make a whole lot of extremely crappy guns then just a few really good ones. And they make a lot of guns that are almost identical to each other only with a few minor differences.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#74teaspoon16Posted 11/27/2012 11:37:51 PM
Well I like to compare weapon balance within a gun's class. And I think that Treyarch wins there, hands down. In BO1, sure the Famas was said to be the most powerful, but in actuality, it was just the easiest to use. The Galil, Aug, Commando, and AK-47, were all great weapons, and personally I think the Commando was the best. In this game, I would agree that AR do need a buff, but for the most part, comparatively in a gun's class, there is a good weapon balance. And considering that in IW's games, theres always a gun that stands above the rest in its class. To be honest, I felt gross not using the ACR, but I kinda felt like I had a connection with that gun, kinda wish it wasn't the clear top dog next to MP7.
---
Black FC: 1549 4802 5616
#75xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/27/2012 11:49:26 PM
teaspoon16 posted...
Well I like to compare weapon balance within a gun's class. And I think that Treyarch wins there, hands down. In BO1, sure the Famas was said to be the most powerful, but in actuality, it was just the easiest to use. The Galil, Aug, Commando, and AK-47, were all great weapons, and personally I think the Commando was the best. In this game, I would agree that AR do need a buff, but for the most part, comparatively in a gun's class, there is a good weapon balance. And considering that in IW's games, theres always a gun that stands above the rest in its class. To be honest, I felt gross not using the ACR, but I kinda felt like I had a connection with that gun, kinda wish it wasn't the clear top dog next to MP7.

Too bad Assault Rifles aren't the only class in the game and BO1 was the only Treyarch game that had balanced assault rifles(aside from the underpowered Enfield).

Infinity Ward over the course of MW1 to MW3 compared to Treyarch over the course of W@W to BO2 has just overall been better at balancing AR's, SMGs, LMGs, shotguns, and sniper rifles.

The only single area in gun balance where Treyarch has beat out Infinity Ward if you take all of those games into consideration, is secondaries. Infinity Ward can't balance secondary guns to save their lives. Treyarch realizes that secondaries shouldn't be as strong as primaries in most situations. IW made the MP9, FMG9 Akimbos, shotgun secondaries(that were more powerful than shotgun primaries in past games), Javelin(aka the nuke launcher), MW2 overpowered RPG, etc.

Primaries = IW, Secondaries = Treyarch
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#76xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/27/2012 11:57:09 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
the gun still fires quickly and with just a 2-hit kill at close-to-med range regardless of SP and attachments,

Wrong. The UMP took 3 hits to kill up close without SP. And it wasn't the only SMG that could kill in 2 hits up close with Stopping Power. The MP5k killed in 2 hits up close with stopping power as well AND fired faster. The UMP was an OP gun because it killed in 3 shots at any range making no penalty for a silencer, but the reason IW was more balanced was because practically every gun in their games are powerful. We're talking about gun BALANCE here. If everything is powerful, then everything is balanced. If 50% of the guns are powerful and 50% of the guns are complete crap like in Treyarch games(for the most part), then it's not balanced.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#77KBGiantsfanPosted 11/27/2012 11:58:50 PM
IW wins no question
---
PSN: KBGiantsfan
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kblunt420?feature=mhee
#78Anarchy612Posted 11/28/2012 1:32:02 AM
im not sure if this has been stated but in actuality we are talking about 3 companies:

3arc, old IW, and new IW

IMO old IW>3arc>new IW
---
if there is no flame war in your topic then it was ignored
PSN: Anarchy612
#79HNKSPosted 11/28/2012 3:18:44 AM
Who cares about gun balance when both this game and MW3 were broken in terms of lag. I hate people with terrible internet connections. They shouldnt be allowed to play.
#80OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 3:25:06 AM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
^Yep.

I guess everyone forgot about getting sniped across the map with a suppressed UMP in MW2 and dying in two hits. Or the ridiculous explosive spam, made even more hilarious by the fact that IW foolishly made a marketing ad which was centered on mocking people who used explosives too much.

Yep, TONS of gun balanced. Even though most of the guns had zero recoil in the first place, hence them being "balanced". Oh, and what of getting knifed from a billion miles away with Commando. MW2 was a terribly-balanced game, that's all there is to it. Guess everyone is viewing the game through rose-tinted nostalgia goggles or something.

UMP could never ever kill in 2 bullets accross the map.

How is the UMP broken if ARs were just as good or better AND can be equiped with Noobtubes?

UMP was never OP in MW2 ... it's not even the best weapon in MW2.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02