Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#81unceramoniusPosted 11/28/2012 4:02:43 AM
Anybody who says the ump is op is complete crap at cod, its just that simple.

Let me guess...the intervention is just fine right? LOLOLOLOLOL

It is the best rushing weapon, but it is not the best weapon over all. Too many times it has been explained why, and i wont be again. Feel free to sook about other "op" things and ruin cod even more than you people have now

I really wish people would start sooking for cod 4 gameplay.....mw2 maps and netcode.......and waw zombies.....there is your ultimate cod, not this debacle
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#82OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 5:43:04 AM
xMessiahbolical posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
the gun still fires quickly and with just a 2-hit kill at close-to-med range regardless of SP and attachments,

Wrong. The UMP took 3 hits to kill up close without SP. And it wasn't the only SMG that could kill in 2 hits up close with Stopping Power. The MP5k killed in 2 hits up close with stopping power as well AND fired faster. The UMP was an OP gun because it killed in 3 shots at any range making no penalty for a silencer, but the reason IW was more balanced was because practically every gun in their games are powerful. We're talking about gun BALANCE here. If everything is powerful, then everything is balanced. If 50% of the guns are powerful and 50% of the guns are complete crap like in Treyarch games(for the most part), then it's not balanced.

Exactly ... well said!
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02
#83Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/28/2012 8:03:07 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Azuma_NarooN posted...
^Yep.

I guess everyone forgot about getting sniped across the map with a suppressed UMP in MW2 and dying in two hits. Or the ridiculous explosive spam, made even more hilarious by the fact that IW foolishly made a marketing ad which was centered on mocking people who used explosives too much.

Yep, TONS of gun balanced. Even though most of the guns had zero recoil in the first place, hence them being "balanced". Oh, and what of getting knifed from a billion miles away with Commando. MW2 was a terribly-balanced game, that's all there is to it. Guess everyone is viewing the game through rose-tinted nostalgia goggles or something.

UMP could never ever kill in 2 bullets accross the map.

How is the UMP broken if ARs were just as good or better AND can be equiped with Noobtubes?

UMP was never OP in MW2 ... it's not even the best weapon in MW2.

It could kill in one hit across the map in HC. It could also kill if the person was already wounded. Be careful when you say never.

Dunno why everyone is pretending I'm saying the UMP was the best gun in the game. It was the best SMG overall since it could outperform the others at longer ranges (maybe the P90 was close in this regard). Also the fire rate is still terrible because you have to factor in the at-times-wonky hit-reg as well as the lag.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#84Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/28/2012 8:04:39 PM
unceramonius posted...

It is the best rushing weapon, but it is not the best weapon over all. Too many times it has been explained why, and i wont be again. Feel free to sook about other "op" things and ruin cod even more than you people have now

I really wish people would start sooking for cod 4 gameplay.....mw2 maps and netcode.......and waw zombies.....there is your ultimate cod, not this debacle

The Intervention was balanced. If you got owned by fauxscopers in MW2 (or any CoD game for that matter), you were just terrible, that's all.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#85acetrain736Posted 11/28/2012 8:14:49 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
unceramonius posted...

The Intervention was balanced. If you got owned by fauxscopers in MW2 (or any CoD game for that matter), you were just terrible, that's all.

Make that BO1 Zombies (since it had W@W maps plus a bunch of other ones as well and BO2 weapons...you got the ultimate CoD then
---
PSN: Acetrain73
You win, I can't compete with your mind.....it's beyond.......no comment........
#86Omnipresent686Posted 11/28/2012 8:22:53 PM(edited)
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you think explosives were a tinny bit op in MW2. I can agree with the actual guns being balanced but not explosives.

Also wasn't MW2 more connection based then Blops? I haven't played MW2 as much as Blops but that's just what it seems like.
---
PSN:TIME-ICORN
GE: TIME~ICORN 530575721548/Four Giants 325677760887 pm me if you want to add me
#87diesector__Posted 11/28/2012 8:26:18 PM(edited)
Azuma_NarooN posted...
It could kill in one hit across the map in HC. It could also kill if the person was already wounded. Be careful when you say never.

Dunno why everyone is pretending I'm saying the UMP was the best gun in the game. It was the best SMG overall since it could outperform the others at longer ranges (maybe the P90 was close in this regard). Also the fire rate is still terrible because you have to factor in the at-times-wonky hit-reg as well as the lag.

You know, CoD installments have never been balanced around HC modes. Case in point, CoD4. Guns get a lot of power shifts when the magic damage number becomes 30.

The UMP is the best long-range SMG, yes, and probably the most versatile, but I still wouldn't say "the best" due to its less-than-optimal CQC/hipfire performance. Higher firerate -> induce more frequent viewkick in enemy -> make enemy less accurate -> win firefight

Omnipresent686 posted...
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you think explosives were a tinny bit op in MW2. I can agree with the actual guns being balanced but not explosives.

Also wasn't MW2 more connection based then Blops? I haven't played MW2 as much as Blops but that's just what it seems like.

Danger Close was 'overpowered'. IW could probably have reduced it back to CoD4's Sonic Boom levels (x1.4 -> x1.25) and things would be fine. Also, no grenade launchers as an AR attachment. This actually solves excessive explosives and OMA abuse.
---
Fortress of daylight, come here and standby...
#88unceramoniusPosted 11/28/2012 10:26:12 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma you crack me up, you are the typical cod 12 year old

the ump is op, the mp5 is op, the p90 is op, the spas is op, the aa12 is op....list goes on

But a cqc shotgun, infinite range one hit kill hybrid weapon is ok? LOL...add handgun mobilty (unlike lmgs) zero recoil, and hip fire spam , and you have one holy mother of a broken weapon. For extra added broken ness please leave it naked...as now you can have about 5 metres either side to totally whiff your shot...but still get the bogus one hit kill.

OH THATS LAG?.....gee, funny i dont remember ever seeing the tar or anyother weapon have 5 metres either way in the killcams.

So yes continue saying everything else is op, but that the snipers are oh so fine.....it is both amusing and depression. You are the reason this cod is a joke
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#89OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:48:34 PM
Azuma_NarooN

UMP wasn't OP? Guess that's why no one used any other SMG's in the game except for people who couldn't even aim the UMP somehow and opted to spray with the P90. Or how about the akimbo G18 with steady aim trick? And actually, the UMP *was* a 2 hit kill from almost any range if you had stopping power. Which a lot of people did. But if you opted to not use SP, it was 3hit kill from just about any range even with the suppressor.

Nothing outclassed the UMP. I dunno what game you played, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Shotguns were novelty weapons anyway after they patched the 1887 exploit. They were easily trashed by any SMG and just about any AR in the game even at close range.

Please stop posting lies and check ur facts.

Ump did not have much of a two hit kill range with stopping power on. Look up the gun stats cuz u are serioualy misinform and spreading flat out incorrect bs.

Shotguns like Spas m1014 AA 12 were amazing.
---
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02
#90OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:55:38 PM
Weiland101 posted...
Stopping Power DID have a counter, it was called Cold-Blooded..

What perk supposedly got OP when Stopping Power was taken out?

*edit* Is it just me or do people talk about the old CODs an awful lot on here compared to previous boards.

Maybe because for the first time in a long time .... the previous cods were actually better than the previous cods and this time its not just nostalgia talking
---
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02