Who is better at Gun Balance. Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

#91singhellotakuPosted 11/29/2012 2:01:31 AM
gun wise IW, everything else, 3arc
#92unceramoniusPosted 11/29/2012 2:11:07 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ netcode? framerate?

mw2 and cod 4 say hi
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#93diesector__Posted 11/29/2012 8:17:37 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Weiland101 posted...
Stopping Power DID have a counter, it was called Cold-Blooded..

What perk supposedly got OP when Stopping Power was taken out?

*edit* Is it just me or do people talk about the old CODs an awful lot on here compared to previous boards.

Maybe because for the first time in a long time .... the previous cods were actually better than the previous cods and this time its not just nostalgia talking

This is what really irks me about some CoD players. They think Stopping Power was somehow a problem and killed gun balance, whereas MW2 actually had the perfect application of it - reduced bullets to kill by 1 for all ranges for most weapons, and had several powerful perks to compete with in its same class (Cold-blooded, Danger Close, Lightweight (assuming synergy with Marathon)). Of course, bringing it back would severely disrupt perk balance now with the Pick 10 system, but still.

Imagine MW2 without SP. Gun balance would be severely disrupted. USP/M9 truly useless in the face of the .44, non-auto ARs are obsolete, UMP really does kill everything, suppressed LMGs are terrible, etc.
---
Fortress of daylight, come here and standby...
#94OMEGA RUGAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:23:44 PM
singhellotaku posted...
gun wise IW, everything else, 3arc

More like

IW : Graphics, Sound, Netcode, Hit Detection, Gun Balance, Perk Balance, Variety of playstyles,
3ARC: ...................................................................... Zombies and ... I think that's it ... oh wait .. better theater mode too.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02
#95Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/30/2012 8:06:46 PM
unceramonius posted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL azuma you crack me up, you are the typical cod 12 year old

the ump is op, the mp5 is op, the p90 is op, the spas is op, the aa12 is op....list goes on

But a cqc shotgun, infinite range one hit kill hybrid weapon is ok? LOL...add handgun mobilty (unlike lmgs) zero recoil, and hip fire spam , and you have one holy mother of a broken weapon. For extra added broken ness please leave it naked...as now you can have about 5 metres either side to totally whiff your shot...but still get the bogus one hit kill.

OH THATS LAG?.....gee, funny i dont remember ever seeing the tar or anyother weapon have 5 metres either way in the killcams.

So yes continue saying everything else is op, but that the snipers are oh so fine.....it is both amusing and depression. You are the reason this cod is a joke

What the hell are you even talking about? Calling ME the reason CoD is a joke? Nah, CoD has been a joke ever since MW2. CoD4 and WaW were nice games. MW2 is where it went downhill. MW2 had no balance whatsoever, not even in the map design. Remember that map which had the house on the hill? No balance whatsoever. Spawn one team in the house and the other team 50 miles away from said house, where they have to march up a steep-ass hill with almost no cover whatsoever, come on.

Every gun in MW2 was a railcannon with no recoil besides the F2000. They even let you put suppressors on LMG's, which was just LOL. The game was the beginning of holding everyone's hands and catering to no-talent scrubs. The game had supreme emphasis on playing like a coward and just being selfish overall, trying to encourage you to camp and rack up your overpowered killstreaks which stacked, so everyone ignored the objectives and went around either camping, fauxscoping, or both.

I don't even know what the hell you were talking about in that first paragraph, but you're you, so you never really do make any sense. You're a joke at the Tag 2 boards and you're a joke here. Come back after you get your brain checked.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#96Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/30/2012 8:13:23 PM(edited)
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Weiland101 posted...
Stopping Power DID have a counter, it was called Cold-Blooded..

What perk supposedly got OP when Stopping Power was taken out?

*edit* Is it just me or do people talk about the old CODs an awful lot on here compared to previous boards.

Maybe because for the first time in a long time .... the previous cods were actually better than the previous cods and this time its not just nostalgia talking

The previous CoD's were always better. It's not nostalgia either, since those games are STILL better. CoD1-5 > everything that came after them. That's all there is to it.

And lol @ IW supposedly having better framerates and netcode. The netcode and the framerate were mediocre in the IW games too. I remember how in CoD4, the framerate would get obliterated if someone threw a smoke grenade and you got too close to it, which was PATHETIC since the "smoke" was just a bunch of super-low-res 2D textures being generated, lmao.

The netcode was also terrible. CoD4 which had no host migration and would often pick the person which had the absolute worst connection ever as the host, and of course once their connection spiked too much, the whole match ended. The same problem persisted with WaW, and then MW2 finally added in host migration which only worked 20% of the time. Still having terrible inaccurate hitboxes to this day, every CoD since MW2 has had garbage gun sounds which have been eclipsed by Battlefield, Counter-Strike, and other FPS games since, etc. Every gun in Blops 1 sounded like pop guns and firecrackers going off. Blops 1 had worse graphics than MW2 and even CoD4, while MW3 had worse visuals than MW2 and CoD4 as well lmao.

There's a lot of IW nut-riding going on in here, that's for sure. These games are just trash, I wonder when the gaming community will realize this and actually go play FPS games that are good.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov