Violent lag or freezing?

#1AegisGainesPosted 11/28/2012 10:35:33 AM
Over the last 3 days I've experienced some of the most volatile lag I've ever had in a match that did not drop connection to host
If I were to die the game would freeze or lag until the part where I drop dead on the kill cam. Then it would freeze or lag again until I'm being shot at after spawning? On top of that In some engagements I'll hit or hold the shoot trigger only for my person to raise the gun up to sights but not fire.

I can't be the only one right? I haven't been this frustrated since MW3 launch.
---
Nightmares Never Sleep
PSN: Rahmeesh
#2FreshSquillaPosted 11/28/2012 10:37:44 AM
how many bars did you and everyone else have? Im not too educated on the whole lag comp thing that everyone wont shut up about but is that something that could be caused by a host with dog**** internet speed?
---
psn: AMERICAN_GRITS
#3AegisGaines(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 10:48:42 AM
FreshSquilla posted...
how many bars did you and everyone else have? Im not too educated on the whole lag comp thing that everyone wont shut up about but is that something that could be caused by a host with dog**** internet speed?

I fluctuate between 3 and 4 bars. I have a 6 mbps down and a 756kbps up. Kinda crappy but I've been fine with it. Most people on the opposing team had 4 bars. It happened to me about 4 times over 6 matches with 3 different hosts. I thought it might have been on my side but I've never had crap like that happen before. It was really frustrating because the game would just seize up while people were smashing on me. I think it was happening to people on my team too because they would spawn and just stand there for a bit.

It's a lot different from when the enemy team is all max bars and no one on your side has max connection. Then you get smashed in every mid and short range engagement. It's equally frustrating though.
---
Nightmares Never Sleep
#4MrSpaM111Posted 11/28/2012 11:03:31 AM
AegisGaines posted...
Over the last 3 days I've experienced some of the most volatile lag I've ever had in a match that did not drop connection to host
If I were to die the game would freeze or lag until the part where I drop dead on the kill cam. Then it would freeze or lag again until I'm being shot at after spawning? On top of that In some engagements I'll hit or hold the shoot trigger only for my person to raise the gun up to sights but not fire.

I can't be the only one right? I haven't been this frustrated since MW3 launch.

The host was using a lag switch
#5AegisGaines(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:20:24 AM

What exactly is that?
Also from what I understand lag comp is supposed to affect the host right?
If so then what is the reason for my kill cams hardly ever showing me shooting? Or if I do I'm shooting like 50 degrees off target. Is that just normal lag for this game? 1 full second behind the host team?
---
Nightmares Never Sleep
#6MrSpaM111Posted 11/29/2012 7:39:03 AM
AegisGaines posted...

What exactly is that?
If so then what is the reason for my kill cams hardly ever showing me shooting? Or if I do I'm shooting like 50 degrees off target. Is that just normal lag for this game? 1 full second behind the host team?

It basically means he can pause the game for everybody whenever he like as long asd he is host, thing is the game dosnt pause for him so he can just run around killing people when everybody else isnt able to move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8Svnn_N34

Thats a video of somebody actually using one, this is what they see whilst everybody else is lagging
#7AegisGaines(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:55:13 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
AegisGaines posted...

What exactly is that?

It basically means he can pause the game for everybody whenever he like as long asd he is host, thing is the game dosnt pause for him so he can just run around killing people when everybody else isnt able to move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8Svnn_N34

Thats a video of somebody actually using one, this is what they see whilst everybody else is lagging

Now that's just terrible. I haven't seen something like that since MW2 and I quit MW3 long before anything like this happened. It's a shame something like this exists in the game. Running into it after a stressful night or while playing solo would just make you rage quit.
---
Nightmares Never Sleep