Carrier, the worst map ever.

#11Zed7777ZR1Posted 11/29/2012 5:07:50 AM
i think carrier is perfect , simply because its the easiest map to flank anyone ...

just use your teammates as decoys while you take a slight turn and take out an enemy ...

though when scorestreaks are airborn , it becomes a mess ...
#12HNKSPosted 11/29/2012 5:12:46 AM
I feel like the last two CODs have been following a similar trend. Crap maps with so many camping spots and choke points. And Lag comp.

Are they trying to make COD fail. Black ops 1 had some of the best maps. Firing range and Summit were amazing.
#13adamoldenPosted 11/29/2012 5:16:48 AM
Carrier actually can be a lot of fun for Capture the Flag and Kill Confirmed.. I always do well in those modes on that map...usually top 3. Hardly anyone ever goes through the corridor (thinking they'll probably get trapped or killed there easily) and I just run through it all the time and find opposition maybe 1/10 times? They always go through the center and try to hide between the different scrap, or sit back and snipe.

I come up the tunnel, and get 3-4 kills on the Snipers, score the flag or a few dog tags, get a decent scorestreak, and then light up the map with a L. Strike for another 3 kills.

The only time I ever see someone there is if they are camping out that window...but you can always see the persons shadow, lol...so they never catch me off guard. Other than that, maybe I get sniped going for the flag by someone spawning half the time, but eh...then I just spawn, throw my care package down, litter my flag with mines, collect the package, and unleash whatever goody I got.
#14Ice WeaselPosted 11/29/2012 5:20:00 AM
I 'd say it ranks right up there with maps such as Interchange, Resistance, Liberation, Nuketown etc... for the title of worst ever.
#15GFGmerlinPosted 11/29/2012 6:46:42 AM
I find you'd do better if you stick to side of ship where you can go down inside. and flank people from that side. or stay on the side, not much of danger linear there comparing to opposite side.

also they did the map pretty bad with all head glitches and wtf was point if that opposite side I was talking about, there's big square platform few feets below you and if you walk off to get there you die. why put it there then?
---
The Bible: The longest joke ever written.
*puts a ribbon in Saxon's hair* awww your so cute! - Nirvna9
#16MrSpaM111Posted 11/29/2012 7:57:26 AM
Hands down, Cracked is the worst map in COD history. It's the only one I purposly used to back out of lobbys for if people had selected it. Could not stand the douchebaggery that went on in that map.
#17BlaeuPosted 11/29/2012 8:01:28 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of Carrier. I don't feel the objective modes are balanced well on this map.

Also, I find it funny how people complain about SMG abuse and blame the maps, and then complain about the maps the allow for great AR sight lines and snipers.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#18sworderPosted 11/29/2012 8:22:23 AM
Carrier is amazing. It is so easy to flank people, I have had the whole team spawn in front of me and I just wait til they move forward and then kill them all.

It is great when they stay back camping in their spawn.
#19Ice WeaselPosted 11/29/2012 8:23:19 AM
Blaeu posted...
Personally, I'm not a fan of Carrier. I don't feel the objective modes are balanced well on this map.

Also, I find it funny how people complain about SMG abuse and blame the maps, and then complain about the maps the allow for great AR sight lines and snipers.

Lol, watched an EL PRES video where he absolutely loses it while getting destroyed on Carrier while using an SMG. Now granted, he does have legitimate lag comp issues, but that's just asking for trouble.
#20tgoudyPosted 11/29/2012 8:26:37 AM
adamolden posted...
Carrier actually can be a lot of fun for Capture the Flag and Kill Confirmed.. I always do well in those modes on that map...usually top 3. Hardly anyone ever goes through the corridor (thinking they'll probably get trapped or killed there easily) and I just run through it all the time and find opposition maybe 1/10 times? They always go through the center and try to hide between the different scrap, or sit back and snipe.

I come up the tunnel, and get 3-4 kills on the Snipers, score the flag or a few dog tags, get a decent scorestreak, and then light up the map with a L. Strike for another 3 kills.

The only time I ever see someone there is if they are camping out that window...but you can always see the persons shadow, lol...so they never catch me off guard. Other than that, maybe I get sniped going for the flag by someone spawning half the time, but eh...then I just spawn, throw my care package down, litter my flag with mines, collect the package, and unleash whatever goody I got.

Yea, I still don't particularly like the map, but it's not that bad once you figure it out. Because there are so few good sniper maps, when those maps come up, you know there will be at least one or two people hanging back in the sniper spots. All the maps have so many flanking routes, once you learn them, shooting snipers in the butthole gets to be it's own sport.