Why are people so annoying on the mic?

#11totemguyPosted 11/30/2012 12:01:20 AM
I have too agree on the crying kids remark, every game I play online lately, has a kid crying in the back ground. Another thing is the needy girlfriend or wife, I mean come on if I can tell over the headset what she is wanting, are they really that clueless? Also to those playing Gangnam style over the mic.....................please just please!
---
"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. " HGTG
PSN= Totemguy, XBL= totemguy
#12RHS_1Posted 11/30/2012 12:06:10 AM
have yet to hear gangnam style play over the mic, wish i could run into people who do i love that song, fun party song.
---
http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=UjaGCbm7HXUqbpMuoLXD
Official Captain Commando of the MvC3 boards!
#13dengeistPosted 11/30/2012 7:32:00 AM
RHS_1 posted...
have yet to hear gangnam style play over the mic, wish i could run into people who do i love that song, fun party song.

There's an idea! I'm doing it today!
#14prophetspirePosted 11/30/2012 7:33:47 AM
What I can't stand is people saying that they are awesome....because no lag issues maybe.

But mostly you actually find someone you understand and they start hurling abuse for no reason.
---
PSN: Prophetspire
#15F5X_WegZPosted 11/30/2012 7:45:28 AM
Get a legit headset where you can mute all the chatting.
---
I can confirm I was phone.
#16byrocracyPosted 11/30/2012 7:52:20 AM
Screaming and crying babies has to be one of the all time top 10 most annoying noises. Play the game without your headset if your overgrown fetus won't SHUT UP.
---
What are you waiting for? Christmas?
#17BlaeuPosted 11/30/2012 8:02:48 AM
F5X_WegZ posted...
Get a legit headset where you can mute all the chatting.

That's not the point. Its really easy to just mute all, even if your headset doesn't have a separate chat volume control.

My issue is when I go back and turn my teams mics back on, especially in League. I always give them a shot to see if we can actually communicate as we play, but often I have to re-mute them.

I also find that there is a very big difference between constant annoyance and annoying sounds. Constant static or crying is something I will mute, but a bird squawking or child interruption is less of an issue as it is just occasional. Easy to put up with if they are good and call stuff out.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#18juker79Posted 11/30/2012 8:06:37 AM
Screaming and crying babies has to be one of the all time top 10 most annoying noises. Play the game without your headset if your overgrown fetus won't SHUT UP.

It's a shame the lack of common sense and decency people have. The second thing I always did when my babies would screem was turn my mic off. The first thing would be to yell in the mic a few times "somebody shut that baby up".
#19ploodiePosted 11/30/2012 8:17:48 AM
You're talking about a game that is widely popular, and thus attracts the "mass market" ... the majority of the mass market is not high-brow, well-educated, thoughtful and sensitive people - it's mostly lower educated and young people, who get their social skills from MTV ... what do you expect... Harvard Debate Club?
#20totemguyPosted 11/30/2012 9:39:51 AM
Hey Dengist, if you do you should film it for YouTube, and get all the other players to start jumping and dropping, Machima it man Machima it...lol.
---
"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. " HGTG
PSN= Totemguy, XBL= totemguy