How is lag comp an issue?

#1r3flexxPosted 11/30/2012 12:53:01 AM
It just sets your screen back to compensate for someone else's lag/high ping right? That's at most 200ms. Do you know how much that is? If you don't, let me help you. There are 1,000 milliseconds in 1 second. 200ms is 1/5th of a second (keep in mind a 200ms ping is typically a special case). That's not the reason you are doing bad.

Yes, I've had my games where the host was terrible and it was laggy as all hell. That will happen in every game. Yes, I've seen the videos where a guy comes behind another guy and shoots him in the head but nothing happens!!!. That has never happened to me. And no I'm not just saying this because I don't experience it. I have solid internet. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2341232044.png. Stop putting the blame on connection. This game plays differently than other CoDs. If you think it made you suck then I suggest you get used to it and gg.

Lag comp isn't a big deal. Put your search settings to "Best" and it will search for people with similar ping to you making the lag comp even less noticeable. The only issue I have with this game is quitters. Don't ban people for doing it, just show how often they do it. MGO incorporated this and everyone with a quit percentage higher than 5% was a joke.
---
PSN: xFinland(SP games)/l-r3flex-l(MP games)
oh sheesh y'all, 'twas a dream!
#2KBGiantsfanPosted 11/30/2012 12:58:29 AM
So, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winniní! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winniní, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 chÖ percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin! See, the numbers donít like, and they spell disaster for you!!!
---
PSN: KBGiantsfan
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kblunt420?feature=mhee
#3r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:04:46 AM
KBGiantsfan posted...
So, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winniní! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winniní, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 chÖ percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin! See, the numbers donít like, and they spell disaster for you!!!

Sir, I'm not 100% sure what just happened, but I think your keyboard just exploded.
---
#4blaze9990Posted 11/30/2012 1:05:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kpErbsoQA&feature=plcp
---
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication
#5r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:06:59 AM
blaze9990 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kpErbsoQA&feature=plcp

2nd paragraph.
---
#6blaze9990Posted 11/30/2012 1:15:32 AM
But that kinda rubbish happens to me 9 out of 10 matches. How is it the gamers fault if they can't do anything to kill someone?
---
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication
#7r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:19:14 AM(edited)
blaze9990 posted...
But that kinda rubbish happens to me 9 out of 10 matches. How is it the gamers fault if they can't do anything to kill someone?

Post a video and prove it because I feel a lot of people are just using it since it's the best excuse. Have you tried putting your search options to "best"?

EDIT: And I don't want to see another one of those youtube videos. I want to see your gameplay when it happens.
---
#8HDHooliganPosted 11/30/2012 1:59:29 AM
What bugs me the most about this game is the difference between what I saw and what the killcam shows the other guy saw. It's so much more obvious when people just round a corner or reach the top of stairs.

E.g, I'm running to the edge of a building and I ADS in anticipation of someone coming the other way, I'm right and someone rounds the corner at a sprint, I start firing almost straight away and hit the guy with 2, 3 round bursts from the SWAT in the chest (bear in mind 3 bullets is a kill at this range), I get 6 hit confirms but he's still standing, in fact, he has also started firing at me. Before I see a bullet leave his gun I'm dead.

OK, that's annoying, what's worse is when the game rubs it in you face by showing the killcam.....

The dude sprints around the corner, spots me, ADS and starts firing, I hit him with 1 bullet just as the last couple of bullets from his pray and spray hit me. I go down and he sprints on to his next unfortunate target thinking he's the COD god.

Why oh why is there not an option for normal game modes without kill cams?

^ this has happened to everyone so why do people deny it? It just seems to happen to me a lot more frequently than 50% of the time.

How/why does this happen? Is it lag compensation, plain old lag or something else?
#9Silverfox6669Posted 11/30/2012 2:33:33 AM
HDHooligan posted...
What bugs me the most about this game is the difference between what I saw and what the killcam shows the other guy saw. It's so much more obvious when people just round a corner or reach the top of stairs.

E.g, I'm running to the edge of a building and I ADS in anticipation of someone coming the other way, I'm right and someone rounds the corner at a sprint, I start firing almost straight away and hit the guy with 2, 3 round bursts from the SWAT in the chest (bear in mind 3 bullets is a kill at this range), I get 6 hit confirms but he's still standing, in fact, he has also started firing at me. Before I see a bullet leave his gun I'm dead.

OK, that's annoying, what's worse is when the game rubs it in you face by showing the killcam.....

The dude sprints around the corner, spots me, ADS and starts firing, I hit him with 1 bullet just as the last couple of bullets from his pray and spray hit me. I go down and he sprints on to his next unfortunate target thinking he's the COD god.

Why oh why is there not an option for normal game modes without kill cams?

^ this has happened to everyone so why do people deny it? It just seems to happen to me a lot more frequently than 50% of the time.

How/why does this happen? Is it lag compensation, plain old lag or something else?

that specifically is lag comp... anyone with a good connection will most likely suffer from it unless everyone else in the lobby's connection is better... lag comp makes people with not so great of net have a slight advantage
#10HNKSPosted 11/30/2012 2:48:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]