How is lag comp an issue?

#11MrSpaM111Posted 11/30/2012 3:21:59 AM
It only becomes an issue when people start taking the game too seriously

True story

Is your life going to change in any meaningful way if the lag in this game gets better?

No?

STFU then!
#12xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/30/2012 3:57:38 AM(edited)
Lag compensation doesn't work the way it's supposedly "intended" to. It's supposed to reduce lag for some people, but what's the point when it increases this horrific "artificial" lag that seems to make the game all screwy for so many people. It's so much worse than good old "real" ping-only based lag. I'll be shooting at someone unloading my clip into their skull and all of the sudden the screen just starts skipping for a split second and then I just drop dead. Then I watch the killcam and it shows me shooting far to the right of the guy like a dumbass, not even close to what happened on my screen. I have a beastly internet connection and live in a highly populated area too, so there's no f***ing excuse.

It wasn't like this in any of the other COD games (except MW3, varying from patch to patch). I shouldn't have to feel like I'm playing at a disadvantage constantly because I have a good connection. Might as well go get into a fistfight with my hands tied behind my back while I'm at it.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#13xKirbzPosted 11/30/2012 4:09:16 AM
I don't if it's the terrible hit detection or lag compensation that is the problem, have you guys play a sticks and stones game? My tomahawk, ballistic knives, and sticky bombs that I shoot and throw go straight through the enemies body...My aim isn't that BAD!! Wtf is going?
#14xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/30/2012 4:12:15 AM
xKirbz posted...
I don't if it's the terrible hit detection or lag compensation that is the problem, have you guys play a sticks and stones game? My tomahawk, ballistic knives, and sticky bombs that I shoot and throw go straight through the enemies body...My aim isn't that BAD!! Wtf is going?

It's because they're farther ahead on their screen than they appear on your screen and what's happening on their screen is taking priority over what's happening on yours. This is a byproduct of Treyarch's lag comp. Feels good to know, doesn't it?
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#15xKirbzPosted 11/30/2012 4:20:34 AM
xMessiahbolical posted...
xKirbz posted...

It's because they're farther ahead on their screen than they appear on your screen and what's happening on their screen is taking priority over what's happening on yours. This is a byproduct of Treyarch's lag comp. Feels good to know, doesn't it?

I feel sad that one of my favorite multiplayer franchise has come to this!
#16SDR1845Posted 11/30/2012 4:27:46 AM
Love how OP tries to make excuses lol. The old tried and true "just get better!" will never cease to be the cry of the fanboy.

#17HNKSPosted 11/30/2012 5:28:43 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

True story

Is your life going to change in any meaningful way if the lag in this game gets better?

No?

STFU then!

What a stupid thing to say.
Its more about paying money for a game that doesnt work as it should. Sick of these self-righteous idiots.
#18MrSpaM111Posted 11/30/2012 5:49:09 AM
HNKS posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

True story

No?

STFU then!

What a stupid thing to say.
Its more about paying money for a game that doesnt work as it should. Sick of these self-righteous idiots.

Worked fine the last time I played it

Maybe your the self-righteous idiot?!?
#19dengeistPosted 11/30/2012 6:23:48 AM
It's there and it can be an issue, when it happens. It doesn't happen to me enough to be game breaking, but it does happen enough to be a little more than annoying. When it happens, I back out of that lobby when the game is over.
#20prophetspirePosted 11/30/2012 6:25:39 AM
I spent about 10 seconds knifing a dude in the back, 4 or 5 close range stabs and yes I got him......This was only for him to disappear in front of me and shoot me in the side of the head and be ready for me to spawn all the way across the map for him to shoot me again.

Which means he already killed me before I got to the place I was going and was on his way to the spawn before I got there.

Wow I love the lag!!!
---
PSN: Prophetspire