Whats happened to the multiplayer?

#1spamcakesPosted 11/30/2012 5:47:48 AM
Every match and every lobby in tdm i join everybody is playing mediocre. like everyone is getting a kdr around 1 and every match is close like 2 or 3 kills apart. And in every match theres always 1 guy i can just never kill, even when i get the jump one them they can swing around and kill me with a very quick spray. I also occasionally win some stuff i should never win.For example wandering into a room with 2 guys with smg's and killing them both after they shot me first.

Also i think it's lying about the connection bars, normally i would have 3 a lot of the time and maybe a few others aswell. But now it says i and everyone else is 4 bars every game and i know that shouldn't be right for me. I've been playing zombies since the patch so im guessing that maybe why but when i played before it was released everything just seemed more consistent.
#2MrSpaM111Posted 11/30/2012 6:00:27 AM
Yes the game is lying to you!

It's all a mass conspiracy!

Better call the CIA!
#3Mister_BiggiePosted 11/30/2012 6:04:12 AM
I hear ya man. I've always been 1.15 - 1.30 kdr.

Last Friday when I got it I was 1.10 but now I am .96. It irks me so bad that I'm am thinking of trading it.

-getting hit markers not showing up in killcam

-very few gunfights, die from an area I just cleared

-struggle to get out of spawn sometimes.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4spamcakes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:05:27 AM
No need to be sarcastic, i just think they raised the ping threshold that counts as 4 bars. And if you can't post anything constructive just don't bother posting at all.
#5kidcrumbPosted 11/30/2012 6:10:13 AM
Its the map design. Its been getting progressively worse with every COD game. They want the games to be closer and more chaotic.

You can see this trend if you start from COD4. (I dont know the maps well enough on COD1-3 to speculate)

In cod 4 maps were more linear. You had long rectangle shapes with routes inside the map. Some routes were longer than others. There were a few cross routes. There were portions in the middle of maps where you were relatively safe and could catch a break to strategize/hunker down in a gun fight if you needed to.

In WAW I believe it was the same but i did not play it.

MW2, the maps became more square. Still had rectangle maps too. More cross routes were added however map structure is still fairly similar to COD4.

Black Ops- Similar deal.

Here comes MW3- Without some of the lead designers who left infinity ward, they decided to go more square in map structure as opposed to rectangles. The maps were more triangularly designed where you had 3 entrances to almost every single section of the map. This made it much easier to head people off and because of that the game lost a lot of strategy and became more chaotic. And horrible spawns added to this chaos because the guy you just killed will probably spawn, kill you, and in short enough time where you can see him sie and respawn in killcam.

Black Ops 2 suffers from a very similar deal. Most of the maps are run and gun maps where the middle of every map is a complete open death zone. In MW2 and COD4 the middle of the map was just the middle. It wasnt as open and was segregated from (most of) the outside edge of the map. Black ops 2 maps also follow the triangle structure of MW3 where you turn left and someone comes from right not because you didnt anticipate it, but because thats the new game.

Overall the new cod strucuture sucks. It takes away almost all tactical and strategic value away from the previous games in favor of only jukes and lightweight/ghost. Dying because someone turns the corner behind you should not be how the game is structured. There needs to be more predictability in enemy routes so gunfights actually happen, and its not just who got the drop on the other guy. (I know you can still get the drop on players in older cods, but that wasnt most of the kills you got).
---
Thermaltake Armor, Core i7 920 Nehalem, ASUS P6T, 6GB OCZ Gold, eVGA9800GT, 8600gts PhysX, 850w CoolerMaster PSU
#6spamcakes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:28:54 AM
kidcrumb posted...
Its the map design. Its been getting progressively worse with every COD game. They want the games to be closer and more chaotic.

You can see this trend if you start from COD4. (I dont know the maps well enough on COD1-3 to speculate)

In cod 4 maps were more linear. You had long rectangle shapes with routes inside the map. Some routes were longer than others. There were a few cross routes. There were portions in the middle of maps where you were relatively safe and could catch a break to strategize/hunker down in a gun fight if you needed to.

MW2, the maps became more square. Still had rectangle maps too. More cross routes were added however map structure is still fairly similar to COD4.

Black Ops- Similar deal.

Here comes MW3- Without some of the lead designers who left infinity ward, they decided to go more square in map structure as opposed to rectangles. The maps were more triangularly designed where you had 3 entrances to almost every single section of the map. This made it much easier to head people off and because of that the game lost a lot of strategy and became more chaotic. And horrible spawns added to this chaos because the guy you just killed will probably spawn, kill you, and in short enough time where you can see him sie and respawn in killcam.

Black Ops 2 suffers from a very similar deal. Most of the maps are run and gun maps where the middle of every map is a complete open death zone. In MW2 and COD4 the middle of the map was just the middle. It wasnt as open and was segregated from (most of) the outside edge of the map. Black ops 2 maps also follow the triangle structure of MW3 where you turn left and someone comes from right not because you didnt anticipate it, but because thats the new game.

Overall the new cod strucuture sucks. It takes away almost all tactical and strategic value away from the previous games in favor of only jukes and lightweight/ghost. Dying because someone turns the corner behind you should not be how the game is structured. There needs to be more predictability in enemy routes so gunfights actually happen, and its not just who got the drop on the other guy. (I know you can still get the drop on players in older cods, but that wasnt most of the kills you got).

I agree with you completely. The earlier games team modes had the two teams colliding, whereas now they all feel like a free for all.
#7ploodiePosted 11/30/2012 8:28:00 AM
I like more even games - way more fun... it's exciting when a match literally comes down to the final kill - and I hate going up against a team where the top three players are 45-3 or something - usually that kind of round turns into constant bombings and "Spawn-Boom-You're Dead)" rounds... what fun is that? And, it's not much better when YOUR team is being dominated by someone getting all the kills ... whatever they are doing to keep scores more balanced, I like it. Not all of us are gaming gods.
#8dengeistPosted 11/30/2012 8:51:39 AM
Hmmmm, less camping means less fun? Really? Less lopsided victories equals less fun? OK.

This game still has plenty of camping spots and barrels to head glitch from. Especially in TDM, I'm seeing more campers, now that people have learned the maps. These maps aren't that bad, the biggest complaints seem to be the bigger,more hidey-hole oriented maps like Yemen, and turbine. Of course people complain about hijacked, but that is probably the most popular map in the game.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying this idea that multiplayer is worse because you're more likely to die.
#9Ice WeaselPosted 11/30/2012 9:02:54 AM
I'm honestly not seeing any dominating players at all. In most matches everyone is hovering around a 1.00 KDR. I haven't seen any of the high pointstreaks either outside of care packages.

It's great. :D
#101st_BaD_CompanYPosted 11/30/2012 9:16:30 AM
spamcakes posted...
kidcrumb posted...

Black Ops- Similar deal.

I agree with you completely. The earlier games team modes had the two teams colliding, whereas now they all feel like a free for all.

My thoughts exactly (both posts). No teamwork, just teamates. For the record though, I still like the game. They all feel about the same to me anyway.