New theory: people with high KDR have more friends

#1tommy290Posted 11/30/2012 7:15:44 AM
They party up and that's why they don't notice the issues. Because they have a party, they are able to keep the other team off-balance the entire game. Instead of being stuck with crappy noobs, they have decent backup which causes them to play better than if they were solo.

If any of these "elites" were to play on their own, they would get stomped over and over.

Don't believe me? Post videos where you're not teamed up with anyone, playing TDM or KC (not going to let you simply avoid objectives to run up your score).

This is all fact and is not debatable.

Although it does make me wish I had more friends.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/forever-alone
---
http://www.bushleaguegaming.com/ (Looking for game reviewers!) | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
#2MrSpaM111Posted 11/30/2012 7:24:52 AM
What about the people who's best mode is Free For All?

I'm terrible at TDM, CTF ect, but throw me in a game of free for all and i'm usually always in the top two
#3acetrain736Posted 11/30/2012 7:26:16 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

I'm terrible at TDM, CTF ect, but throw me in a game of free for all and i'm usually always in the top two

Then you're paranoid cuz you shoot at anything that moves :-P
---
PSN: Acetrain73
You win, I can't compete with your mind.....it's beyond.......no comment........
#4Rage028Posted 11/30/2012 7:31:40 AM
I actually find I play better when I'm on my own without friends.

There's a reason why when the game is 'balancing' the teams sometimes it'll put all the lowest k/ds together on the same team. In that way there's actually less kills to go around, 6 terrible people together in TDM against 6 better people. The 6 better people have to compete very hard to get kills often at risk of death, thus affecting their k/d negatively.
---
When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet. - Proverbs 29:9
#5Ice WeaselPosted 11/30/2012 7:35:37 AM
Not really anything new. We all know that playing with friends is one of the best ways to boost your stats. Playing solo is just asking for trouble. Mind you, it can backfire if your friends live far away from you. If your party leader is 2000 miles away and searching for "best", that's not going to do you any favours at all.
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 11/30/2012 7:35:49 AM
In the past, I played far better by myself (mostly TDM player here). BO2 is different, but that's due to the skill based matchmaking mostly.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#7dengeistPosted 11/30/2012 7:51:15 AM
tommy290 posted...
They party up and that's why they don't notice the issues. Because they have a party, they are able to keep the other team off-balance the entire game. Instead of being stuck with crappy noobs, they have decent backup which causes them to play better than if they were solo.

If any of these "elites" were to play on their own, they would get stomped over and over.

Don't believe me? Post videos where you're not teamed up with anyone, playing TDM or KC (not going to let you simply avoid objectives to run up your score).

This is all fact and is not debatable.

Although it does make me wish I had more friends.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/forever-alone

Correction, teams do better when they're a cohesive, communicating unit. The "friends" I play with are a loose group of people that are cobbled together. We don't do as well, I find I do worse with groups like that too, something in my play changes when I'm in a party, I think it has to do with me thinking they have my back and they don't.

Conversely, I've done well with a bunch of randoms against friends. I joined a lobby with a group on the other team all with very high scores. One of them said "a bunch of randoms, we'll destroy them". Well, that's not quite what happened, and after that round they all left that lobby.
#8MrSpaM111Posted 11/30/2012 8:11:46 AM
acetrain736 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

I think it's got more to do with the fact that I come from a background of games like Doom and quake. The only option back then was to play free for all most the time, team games didnt really show up properly until Unreal Tournment.
#9Ice WeaselPosted 11/30/2012 8:25:35 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
acetrain736 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

I think it's got more to do with the fact that I come from a background of games like Doom and quake. The only option back then was to play free for all most the time, team games didnt really show up properly until Unreal Tournment.

I find FFA easier sometimes because there's no hesitation. In TDM, (specifically HC), you often pause for millisecond or so because that person you see might be a teammate. In FFA you're free to blast away at everyone you see so there's no hesitation whatsoever.
#10the_grey_bushPosted 11/30/2012 8:29:59 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
Not really anything new. We all know that playing with friends is one of the best ways to boost your stats. Playing solo is just asking for trouble. Mind you, it can backfire if your friends live far away from you. If your party leader is 2000 miles away and searching for "best", that's not going to do you any favours at all.

i joined you but you wanted me to be party leader. tonight you be party leader and i'll yell at the game while going 9-3, lol.
---
we saw the towers fall to ashes like they were laced with bombs
and ever since we been at war like Ghenghis Khan