People take this way too seriously

#1gozz_manPosted 11/30/2012 9:39:58 AM
I've had every COD game since MW and its been an issue since then. It was grenade launchers, stopping power, juggernaut, tanks, the tactical nuke, the FAMAS, the lag comp. Really, if you can get a game and it functions, then what do you expect? I'd lost interest with the last two games, and I hated W@W but I think this is really pretty good. There's been a few 'cheats' in the series (CP, Javelin glitches etc) but none enough to break the game. People just take it way too seriously. I probably play about 3 - 4 hours a night and I'm very average, but I have fun. If you really have a problem with it, and it annoys you that much, get rid of it? Help the games industry survive by buying something other than COD...there's other good games out there...
---
IT'S JUST A GAME!!!
#2TifanityPosted 11/30/2012 9:41:54 AM
None of my issues, deals with campers, glitches, exploits, etc. It deals with the fact that my system keeps freezing...
---
"Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally" -Tifa Lockhart
R.O.B.:Tifanity| D.S. : Tifanity | D.W. : TifaLily | R.o.D.: Tifanity
#3byrne0utPosted 11/30/2012 9:57:42 AM
None of my issues, deals with campers, glitches, exploits, etc. It deals with the fact that my system keeps freezing...

this is my exact problem Every time i am getting into a groove the system freezes up on me and I am back to square one
#4TifanityPosted 11/30/2012 9:59:22 AM
byrne0ut posted...

this is my exact problem Every time i am getting into a groove the system freezes up on me and I am back to square one

Worst part about the freezing is, when the system starts back on, it goes through recovery mode which takes awhile -_-

So yeah, sorry if I paid $60 for a COD game which I am suppose to be enjoying but can't even play it!
---
"Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally" -Tifa Lockhart
R.O.B.:Tifanity| D.S. : Tifanity | D.W. : TifaLily | R.o.D.: Tifanity
#5the_grey_bushPosted 11/30/2012 10:00:58 AM
if a game has lag comp then it's not functioning. functioning would be the first guy to hit R1 with his crosshairs on an enemy and fire the needed amount of bullets to kill wins.
---
we saw the towers fall to ashes like they were laced with bombs
and ever since we been at war like Ghenghis Khan
#6Lord_TenseEyePosted 11/30/2012 10:07:22 AM
I agree with you 100% that people that this too seriously. Take this board as an example. If I complain about a legitimate issue with the game, people take it as a personal attack against them.

One poster in particular gets really butthurt and spams personal attacks and then leaves when his poor logic is questioned.

At the same time, the lag compensation issue is totally unacceptable. A lot of people play this game because they're better than a good chunk of the average players of this game, and they enjoy dishing out a good @$$ kicking.

It annoys people when someone with little to no awareness can outgun them in this game because what they're seeing on the screen is not a fully accurate representation of where the action is (lag compensation).

The devs realize this is an issue but refuse to address it because they want the bad players (majority) to be able to do well in this game. This is definitely the last cod/activision game and most likely the last fps game that I ever buy. I'm getting sick of this genre after it being one of my main genres from essentially 2007 to now.

As you said, there's better games to be played out there. They also aren't as time consuming.
#7GoldenEye8686Posted 11/30/2012 10:27:11 AM
I will petrol bomb your house
---
Youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#8Ice WeaselPosted 11/30/2012 10:31:06 AM
The reason people get upset is because lag comp takes all of the competition and equal play right out of the game. If I lose a gunfight I want it to be because the other guy had better reflexes or used the terrain to his advantage. When lag comp is screwing you over there's absolutely nothing you can do. Not being able to utilize what skill you do have is extremely frustrating.

A level playing field - that's all anybody wants.
#9gozz_man(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:01:30 PM
To me, lag comp is pretty indistinguishable from regular lag. Which has happened in every COD game, probably every online game, since the year dot. If its happening to you, join a different match. It's not rocket science.
---
IT'S JUST A GAME!!!
#10Weiland101Posted 11/30/2012 5:10:28 PM
Lag comp is very much overrated.

Regular old Lag though, thats the main problem. For some reason though everyone just sticks a "comp" in front of a lot of lag complaints because everyone else does.