It honestly feels like every day it gets worse with lag compensation.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. It honestly feels like every day it gets worse with lag compensation.
3 years ago#1
Before the patch, the first couple days of release - every game I got into was at least playable. Now? Not even close. I might have 1/10 games that is SEMI-playable...but usually when I do find a good lobby the other team always rage quits and it's over in 2 minutes - so what's the point?

I've tried EVERYTHING to ensure I get into lobbies with stable connection across the board. I've tried playing with only people regionally, tried searching for "Best", "Normal", and "Any" connection-wise, tried playing with different party sizes, tried playing different game modes, tried playing the game at different times during the day - NOTHING helps consistently. It's like it's just luck of the draw.

It's very sad that the most balanced COD to date is almost unplayable due to technical issues.

I know topics like this have been posted many times before, but the TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.
---
PSN = BodomsChild
http://redsoldiersyndicate.com - looking for a clan? Join RSS!
3 years ago#2
I live in a city with 75,000 people with a good connection (50 down, 5 up) and still get 3 bars about half the time even with Best. This should never happen. I know I'm not the only one in the area playing the damn game. >:(

Edit: Got my ups and downs mixed up lol
---
"Everybody panic! It's just like the Titanic, but it's full of bears!"
(edited 0 seconds ago)
3 years ago#3
Yeah...I get you...I can usually tell right away if its going to be a good match or I'm going to have to deal with getting dead plenty
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
3 years ago#4
We in the PC crowd suffer the same BS with this game.

I should have bought this for PS3, that way I could at least sell it for most of my money back. The MP in this game is a broken mess.

For many of us that are affected by the lag comp, we might as well be playing against hackers. As they bother make us experience that complete helpless feeling. This series is no longer about skill or tactics, just simply those that have a good connection being punished and forced to be unfairly and arbitrarily slaughtered by the ones who have a piss-poor connection.

To hell with IW, 3arch, and Activision.
3 years ago#5
One last thing....this can be all rectified on their part by vastly reducing the lag comp and then reworking the match-making.

Keep players as local to each other as you can and keep them as much on an even level to each other based on their latency. As it stands right now, it's almost like some kind of Communist latency redistribution that's going on.

And like Communism, it doesn't ****ing work, and never will.

3arch needs to fix it, or **** off.
3 years ago#6
It's so damn random. That's what I can't stand. Sometimes I'll have a big string of normal games. Fun! Then I'll have a string of games that are just laughable. Not fun. I wish it was one or the other. If the games were always crappy, I'd just sell the game. But when the games are normal, it's insanely awesome. I love the game, and a part of me keeps hoping they'll get it mostly worked out. I expect some stupid games once in awhile, but not many.
---
http://www.bushleaguegaming.com/ (Looking for game reviewers!) | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
3 years ago#7
I'd pay $10 to play CoD on dedicated servers a la Battlefield 3.
---
LOAD UNIVERSE INTO CANNON. AIM AT BRAIN. FIRE.
3 years ago#8
Re_Animator posted...
One last thing....this can be all rectified on their part by vastly reducing the lag comp and then reworking the match-making.

Keep players as local to each other as you can and keep them as much on an even level to each other based on their latency. As it stands right now, it's almost like some kind of Communist latency redistribution that's going on.

what do you mean by local
---
3ds fc 4124 5505 6333
psn : Yar Knight
3 years ago#9
Truhazzard3260 posted...
Re_Animator posted...

what do you mean by local

He means if you live in Racoon City then you should be placed in lobbies with other people from Racoon City so your connections are better.
---
LOAD UNIVERSE INTO CANNON. AIM AT BRAIN. FIRE.
3 years ago#10
Why even play this crap? They know how to fix it....please copy mw2s netcode.....but they refuse too.

Why? This is the little kids game....do little kids have dial up? Or expensive broadband?

So a fantastic series is ruined and made unplayable, because we have to cater to these kids not even old enough to be playing. Snipers must be broken to make them happy...spawns must be crap, to ensure everyone has a 1kd......crap connections must dominate as this is what kids have

Do what i do....go back and play mw2, and cod 4......cod is dead.

I mean ghost now is nerfed, dead silence is nerfed......it is a former shell of its self. In mw2 you had to tailor a set up to match each weapon.....in this you just shoot and the game predetermines the winner.

Anybody who thinks this is a great cod, benefets from lag comp on a holy unfair level....or simply has not played mw2 or cod4...hell even waw
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. It honestly feels like every day it gets worse with lag compensation.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived