Best way to balance/nerf Ghost once and for all..

#1TheKratosPosted 11/30/2012 11:14:38 PM
We all know Ghost will never disappear from COD games, I think the majority of COD buyers uses Ghost, so a complete removal will never happen. The move criteria is stupid because every ghost player loves to flank rather than camp, plus it ruins sniping.

IMO there's one simple and easy way to balance this overused perk. Simply don't allow any Ghost user to benefit from any UAV. They can't call in a UAV nor do they see enemies on the radar with a friendly UAV. The most hilarious thing about Ghost users is how dependent they themselves are of the UAV.

Right now there's simply no counter to Ghost. 99% of prestiged players is a Ghost. Sacrificing your own ability to benefit from UAV in exchange to be Immune to it yourself makes the perk much more balanced and fair.

I wish I could twitter this idea to VonderHaar, who BTW is increasing the UAV pointstreak. I think this is stupid really, I mean it's three kills and an assist (in TDM), can be shot down with one rocket AND can be destroyed with Black Hat. Not to mention Ghost completely destroys the pointstreak (a reward for playing good).
---
PSNID: TheKratos.
Real Madrid 2011-2012 La Liga Champions
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 11/30/2012 11:21:31 PM
Yeah, the UAV is fine as it is. 4 kills (well, roughly) is about right. What should be done is make the counter UAV easier to get (It is NOT worthy of being a 600 point scorestreak).

But anyways, yeah, your idea seems sound. You stay off the radar at the expense of not being able to utilize your own UAVs. Makes sense.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3Masterpie3000Posted 11/30/2012 11:23:14 PM
uses ghost, gives enemy team ghost from their perspective

uav jammer from cod 4, nuff said
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#4xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/30/2012 11:31:29 PM
Remove Ghost, remove UAV, remove Silencer. Done.

You shoot, you're seen on the radar. You don't shoot, you don't. Stealth now requires people to use ACTUAL stealth tactics(sneaking up on people and knifing from behind, using Combat Axe, etc). Now everyone can't just rely on looking at their UAV the whole game to do good, now people can't rely on Ghost/Silencer keeping them off the radar to do good.

Nobody's at an advantage just for using some special perk anymore, and nobody's at a disadvantage. Everyone's on the same level, so you can't complain(unless you're really that bad that you REQUIRE being off the radar/looking at the radar in order to do good).
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#5greggreggreg2000Posted 11/30/2012 11:31:31 PM
Meh, Ghost isn't overpowered any more. Ghost doesn't have Cold Blooded and Blind Eye built in like it did in Black Ops 1. In BO2, if a UAV isn't in the air, Ghost is an entirely wasted perk. It had other uses in Black Ops 1, that's why it was used so much. Now all it does is keep them off the radar for a 30 second UAV. So what? They are off the radar when a UAV isn't in the air anyway.
---
"Everybody panic! It's just like the Titanic, but it's full of bears!"
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 11/30/2012 11:40:08 PM
greggreggreg2000 posted...
Meh, Ghost isn't overpowered any more. Ghost doesn't have Cold Blooded and Blind Eye built in like it did in Black Ops 1. In BO2, if a UAV isn't in the air, Ghost is an entirely wasted perk. It had other uses in Black Ops 1, that's why it was used so much. Now all it does is keep them off the radar for a 30 second UAV. So what? They are off the radar when a UAV isn't in the air anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking...in BLOPS 1 it was godlike basically making all the enemies killstreaks useless

In this game it only works against UAV and only while moving...it's a mere shadow of its former self (which is fine) so why does everyone still complain? Stop being over confident with your UAV up there...or stop using it all together
---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#7TheKratos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 11:45:22 PM

Scorestreaks are earned by playing good, having a perk to completely nullify your reward is stupid. I have played many matches where there are at least 5 Ghost users (who call in own UAVs like no tomorrow). Problem is you can switch classes to counter something midgame, but you can't change your pointstreak midgame. Seeing one enemy on the radar and shoot him only to be flanked by 5 Ghosts with silenced SMG's is not fun.
---
PSNID: TheKratos.
Real Madrid 2011-2012 La Liga Champions
#8Little_RJ87Posted 11/30/2012 11:45:42 PM

Exactly. This.

Also, to add onto what you said, it only hides you from UAVs when you are moving forward, not side to side or backwards, which means it does absolutely nothing for campers. Ghost has already been nerfed enough.
---
Give an ape a knife and it might give itself a nasty cut. Give an ape a hand-grenade, and eventually you will have simian confetti.
Minecraft ID: CiD7707
#9SaviorComplexPosted 11/30/2012 11:46:19 PM
It's interesting how people barely complained about UAV Jammer/Camouflage when Stopping Power and Juggernaut were around in the older CoDs. Just some food for thought.
#10White_Knight13Posted 11/30/2012 11:47:44 PM
I like your idea tc. Call the perk radio silence. Can't be found by location streaks, but can't use it to see others either.