Best way to balance/nerf Ghost once and for all..

#31p06111981Posted 12/3/2012 12:04:06 PM
Easy fix for ghost.

Ghost players still show up on radar however the ghost play is semi opaque

like a real mofo ghost yo!
#32SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 12/3/2012 12:21:13 PM
"Hmm... there are lot of Ghost users in this lobby. I wonder how to counter that?
Oh! I know, I'll call in ALL THE UAVs and stare at my minimap!!"

"Ugh, there are so many damned UAVs in the air, what should I do?
Well, I could run a Launcher, Tactical or one of two Scorestreaks to help my entire team...
SCREW THAT, SELFISH GHOST FTW!!"

^
Them, both of them, are horrible as Domination allies... JS
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#33psnSHAHSHANKPosted 12/3/2012 12:24:33 PM
sythe343 posted...
psnSHAHSHANK posted...
Ghost isn't over powered.

If u guys have problems with people using ghost...just don't call any uav's.

Bam son problem solved.

Also

Bullets seem to work very well against ghost users. U shoot them and they die

This guy has amazingly sagely advice. A+ would use strategy again.

Ironically ...I googled up "sagely" to see what it meant. Lol :p thanks
---
shahshank at your service. Sticky requested. Thanks.
[Msg deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34iToro86Posted 12/3/2012 7:30:29 PM
TheKratos posted...

IMO there's one simple and easy way to balance this overused perk. Simply don't allow any Ghost user to benefit from any UAV. They can't call in a UAV nor do they see enemies on the radar with a friendly UAV. The most hilarious thing about Ghost users is how dependent they themselves are of the UAV.

That's actully a great way to balence it. Truly turns them into a "ghost".
---
PSN: JP86_tb.
"Boom!"
#35TheKratos(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 4:46:43 AM
Kraven_XRLKB posted...
Lol TC talks about camping with Ghost like its actually possible. Honestly if you're so bad at this game that you need a minimap to kill some one then you should most definitely find a different FPS. Goldeneye perhaps? Seems balanced or wait you'd complain about the golden gun too.

I wouldn't call myself a bad player. I REALLY wouldn't (I have Diamond shotguns damnit lol, really hurt my KD though). Plus I don't care if you camp with Ghost (did I say itherwise? Honest question) Campers will always camp, no matter what perk.

As for the person who said why am I singling out Ghost. Well it's simple, because it's the most used and complained about perk. Plus the scorestreak it counters is easy to get. What scorestreak does Flack Jack nullify? Hunter drone will still murder you if it's a direct hit, you might survive lightning strike but most of the timed you get hit by multi missiles and die (I use Flack Jack all the time).

Blind eye saves you from chopper and swarm? Maybe AGR when not controlled? All high streaks, and you never see a swarm (though I had one couple of times). Cold blooded "saves" you from Lodestar and VTOL? Both high streak you don't see often either. Plus you even if you use it, people can see you or you spwan next to teammates and get killed anyways.

Hardwired, I agree with CUAV, they shouldn't be able to use it. But EMP is a high streak so I don't see a problem with that..
---
PSNID: TheKratos.
Real Madrid 2011-2012 La Liga Champions
#36_decitronPosted 12/4/2012 6:01:16 AM
being complained about doesnt make something bad. turns out the kids who play this game are horrible designers. the more the devs listen to you mongs, the worse things turn out.

want less people running ghost? bump the spy plane to 5 kills and give it some competition by putting it equal with a lethal streak.
want less people running ghost? add stopping power and make it a range modifier rather than a damage modifier
want less people running ghost? get good and stop relying on your radar for everything and suddenly ghost becomes a worthless disadvantage your enemies give themselves.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#37qwerbleXPosted 12/4/2012 7:20:14 AM
yeah, there's no counter to ghost. there's only this one scorestreak called the Orbital VSAT that shows all enemies and their position, including ghost users, but that's not a counter to the perk.
---
PSN ID: Dark_Paradigm
#38OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/4/2012 7:47:51 AM
TheKratos posted...
We all know Ghost will never disappear from COD games, I think the majority of COD buyers uses Ghost, so a complete removal will never happen. The move criteria is stupid because every ghost player loves to flank rather than camp, plus it ruins sniping.

IMO there's one simple and easy way to balance this overused perk. Simply don't allow any Ghost user to benefit from any UAV. They can't call in a UAV nor do they see enemies on the radar with a friendly UAV. The most hilarious thing about Ghost users is how dependent they themselves are of the UAV.

Right now there's simply no counter to Ghost. 99% of prestiged players is a Ghost. Sacrificing your own ability to benefit from UAV in exchange to be Immune to it yourself makes the perk much more balanced and fair.

I wish I could twitter this idea to VonderHaar, who BTW is increasing the UAV pointstreak. I think this is stupid really, I mean it's three kills and an assist (in TDM), can be shot down with one rocket AND can be destroyed with Black Hat. Not to mention Ghost completely destroys the pointstreak (a reward for playing good).

Ghost doesn't exist in this game ... just a pale imitation that doesn't even work correctly for smart rushers.

Only works if you never stop moving which is pretty stupid in a game with awful spawns and too many directions where enemies can come at you.

So Ghost works for you only if you never stop moving ...
It doesn't work well for smart rushers ...

doesn't work at all for defensive players or campers.

I don't know why anyone is spending their prestige tokens on it.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02
#39MGS4SNAKEPosted 12/4/2012 8:44:14 AM
I don't know why anyone is spending their prestige tokens on it.

I made a topic on how Ghost is useless and got flamed, also I regretted using a permanent token on it. I only have one single conclusion to this topic and its the most logical at that...

For those that rock the UAVs, switch it up to counter UAV, instead of ghosting yourselves, ghost up your teammates as well. not everyone use Hard Wired or activate EMPs. Ghost is only useful when using a Ballistic Knife.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#40SUUPER_INJUN69Posted 12/4/2012 8:57:05 AM
Op is the reason cod is going down...

Nerf this nerf that. I died to someone using ghost, its op nerf it.

Crai moar.