worst community I've ever seen

#1badbutttuesdayPosted 12/3/2012 6:32:17 AM
Granted I haven't played MW/BO games. i'm speaking about the people you run into and hear in game.

It is disgusting to me how completely juvenile and quite frankly, idiotic this community is.

you can't enter a game without hearing at least 2 people blaring music.
every fifth game there is some 9 year old testing out the voice changer at the top of his lungs.
it seems the only word 99% of black people and 90% of white people starts with an N.

Living in the Detroit area all I ever hear in our media is how white people don't respect black people. here's a thought.... show some respect for yourselves and each other and maybe other races will show some respect for you. as for White people using the word, screaming it out over and over every time there's a black person in the lobby? You are sad little weak children with pathetic parents who didn't bother to teach you anything about respect for other people.

the ignorance that is today's youth is truly sad.

on top of that I get a message last night that I was reported for cheating. I went 20 and 16 and have a kdr of 1.14. I must be the worst cheater in history.
#2Asylum_71Posted 12/3/2012 6:33:53 AM
Living in the Detroit area

I'm so sorry.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#3acetrain736Posted 12/3/2012 6:35:51 AM
Yeah...welcome to the jungle :-/. Some of us here are at least mature, but here's a quick lesson in the CoD thought process:

"If it kills me, it's either lag compensation, a hack, cheat, or overpowered. If I kill others, it's all skill"

We're an intelligent bunch as you can tell
---
PSN: Acetrain73
You win, I can't compete with your mind.....it's beyond.......no comment........
#4ploodiePosted 12/3/2012 6:37:29 AM
As I stated in a similar thread, games like this are popular with "the masses" - and despite what we'd like to think about ourselves, the mass of this nation is uneducated, young, rude, socially inept people... most intelligent, educated, high brow people don't generally have enough interest in a video game to purchase a headset and strike up online conversations...
#5badbutttuesday(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 6:55:24 AM
ploodie posted...
As I stated in a similar thread, games like this are popular with "the masses" - and despite what we'd like to think about ourselves, the mass of this nation is uneducated, young, rude, socially inept people... most intelligent, educated, high brow people don't generally have enough interest in a video game to purchase a headset and strike up online conversations...

As I get older and care less about myself and more about my community and the people in it I fear for the future of this country. It's being proven to me on a daily basis that generation X, my generation are inept parents unable to instill even the simplest of values into our youth. If when my son is old enough to start playing these games and thinks he can hide behind his mic or the internet to use these racial slurs hes going to see his precious ps# fly out the window. I will be disappointed in my failure as a parent.

I even heard a father and son [kid sounded 12], yelling take that N word back and forth to each other.
#6thierminatorPosted 12/3/2012 7:01:42 AM
its also one of the worst games i've ever seen
#7SurajPosted 12/3/2012 7:05:32 AM
Cant argue with this topic lol.
---
[TCM] Tweek
#8Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 7:15:41 AM
I agree. The community is very rude. The people playing yell/swear and get mad way to easily.
#9iceltPosted 12/3/2012 7:31:59 AM
ploodie posted...

TC - yeah it has largely been this way since the 1st MW... all the way back in 2007. Now it's even moar popular and that naturally means moar douchers.

And to the quote above, the youth of any/every era in history is always described similarly. They said the same about our grand parents, parents and us. Youth rebels via various vectors (speech, dress, music, art, drinking, smoking, behavior against the norm in general, etc) and the establishment moans about it. Just the way it is.

Hopefully, like most of us, by and large they soon mature. Hopefully.
---
PSN: icelt
#10Asylum_71Posted 12/3/2012 7:49:23 AM
It's funny that you think the "cod community" is what this represents lol.. It represents the general masses (for a certain age group). Look how many millions of people play CoD...
I've been apart of a number of gaming communities, and the one common theme is that the number of complaints about how "bad" the community is increases exponentially with its population.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715