Should I get this game?

#1JanodusPosted 12/3/2012 7:14:38 AM
Hey guys.

This is the first cod I decided to hold off on, to actually see if the game was worth the 60$.

So... should I get the game now, pass completely, or wait till the major issues are sorted out?

I hates the lag compensation in mw3, and the horrible hit detection and slow gameplay of black ops. I also quickscope--- so that's important.

Is this game actually different in any meaningful ways, or is it just the same cod with new weapons and gimmicks?

(SP is of no interest to me)
#2Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 7:17:50 AM
Quick scoping is doable in this game just as it was in mw3 and the others (bo1 changed it up a bit but it's back to 'normal').

I say don't get this game because:
- Game freezes a lot
- Horrific lag compensation. A level 6 who just got the game can out gun you in cqc at times.
- Devs not addressing any of the issues and it's almost been a month since the game's been out.
#3Janodus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:34:25 AM
Gotcha. That's all I needed to hear.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll see how they do in the next cod.

peace bros.
#4Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 7:41:38 AM
When it works, it's more fun than black ops 1 and mw3 (still doesn't top mw2 in my book). If they fix the issues, i'll send you a pm on gamefaqs or something. I really do enjoy this game on the rare occassion that it works without the lag comp (on my end) and the freezing.
#5MrSpaM111Posted 12/3/2012 8:18:38 AM
I can guarentee if you bought the game you wouldnt be having half the problems people moan about on here on a daily basis. All the stuff people choose to complain about on here are massively over exaggerated.

If your buying the game expecting all the network problems from the previous games to be magically fixed just dont buy it, it'll save the people actually enjoying the game from seeing another angst riddled thread on here.
#6Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 8:32:09 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
I can guarentee if you bought the game you wouldnt be having half the problems people moan about on here on a daily basis. All the stuff people choose to complain about on here are massively over exaggerated.

If your buying the game expecting all the network problems from the previous games to be magically fixed just dont buy it, it'll save the people actually enjoying the game from seeing another angst riddled thread on here.

Yes, the countless threads about lag compensation are just haters trying to bash the game. The big youtubers making note of this are also haters. Am I right?

You act as if everyone on the board should be praising the game 24/7. The game has issues which need to be fixed. You seem to think that the devs don't owe you s*** despite paying $60 for a game.

"all the network problems from the previous games to be magically fixed" - You'd think that after all these years, they'd be able to fix something like this but no. There's many other FPS games out there that run flawlessly on both the ps3 and the xbox. This series is the only one that appears to have SIGNIFICANT issues with regards to connection.

But no, I must be a hater and I'm exagerrating the problem. The new thread you see about lag compensation everyday surely cannot mean that a large number of people are experiencing these problems.
#7MrSpaM111Posted 12/3/2012 8:46:30 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Yes, the countless threads about lag compensation are just haters trying to bash the game. The big youtubers making note of this are also haters. Am I right?

You act as if everyone on the board should be praising the game 24/7. The game has issues which need to be fixed. You seem to think that the devs don't owe you s*** despite paying $60 for a game.

"all the network problems from the previous games to be magically fixed" - You'd think that after all these years, they'd be able to fix something like this but no. There's many other FPS games out there that run flawlessly on both the ps3 and the xbox. This series is the only one that appears to have SIGNIFICANT issues with regards to connection.

But no, I must be a hater and I'm exagerrating the problem. The new thread you see about lag compensation everyday surely cannot mean that a large number of people are experiencing these problems.

You know what is funny, when you look up peoples profiles who come on here on a daily basis bashing the game, only to find out they don't even own it. This has been the case with about 50% of the people i've bothered to check.

Yes the game has issues that should be looked at, but do you not think it's a little overboard for people to post the exact same stuff on here every single day? do you actually think this is going to get the problems fixed any quicker? Your a moron if you do. For all you know they might have patched the problems and they are just waiting for Microsoft or Sony to pull their finger out of their bums and get the update certfied and sent out to everyone, sometimes this can take up to two or three weeks.

As soon as these problems are sorted people will find something else to pollute these boards with,and you know it. 3arc are never going to be able to win because people will always find something to complain about.
#8KittenLinaPosted 12/3/2012 8:48:27 AM
I like how this game is better than a lot of the ones out there, yet conceited people feel the need to rate it poorly.

It feels to me that they need a new review system.

Or just less DIY reviewers and more real ones.
---
Currently playing: Runescape, Borderlands 2 (PS3), BO2 (PS3), Diablo III, SH, BoM (Vita)
#9iamlegend82Posted 12/3/2012 8:49:22 AM
Nah, don't bother getting it.

The idiotic community will have you tearing your hair out more than anything the game could throw at you.
---
"If it kills me, it's either lag compensation, a hack, cheat, or overpowered. If I kill others, it's all skill" - Acetrain736
#10Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 9:32:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]