Just got this game, what do I need to know?

#1F0reverZeroPosted 12/3/2012 12:04:41 PM
Hey guys, about to start playing Blops 2, however, just thought I'd ask if there is anything important I should know before I start playing to give me a better experience. I'll be 95% multiplayer, so need for campaign tidbits, just stuff I should know about the community, guns, etc...

I am an experienced CoD player, just wasn't able to get this game until now due to commitments, so anything that helps me get caught back up will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
---
i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 | MSi Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 @ 975 Mhz | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Corsair 850TX V2 | HAF-X Gaming Case
#2moonlithunterPosted 12/3/2012 12:12:52 PM
Get ready for a bunch of no skill people using sniper rifles the way you would expect assualt riffles or shotguns to be used.....
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#3johnuk27Posted 12/3/2012 12:14:52 PM
F0reverZero posted...
Hey guys, about to start playing Blops 2, however, just thought I'd ask if there is anything important I should know before I start playing to give me a better experience. I'll be 95% multiplayer, so need for campaign tidbits, just stuff I should know about the community, guns, etc...

I am an experienced CoD player, just wasn't able to get this game until now due to commitments, so anything that helps me get caught back up will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

use engineer there is a lot of equipment that gets used plus its free points
#4LiquiD GameRPosted 12/3/2012 12:16:30 PM
SMG's are the only guns you should be using, use anything else and you're just gimping yourself.
---
Those of you lucky enough to have your lives take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now.
#5ploodiePosted 12/3/2012 12:20:11 PM(edited)
You need to know how to soft-reset your PS3 when frozen, as you will be doing so about four or five times a night depending on how long you generally play.

You also need to know that, if you are a zombies fan, that this new zombies mode is vastly different - you will hate it at first - but give it some time and you'll start to enjoy it!
#6AlphaEndPosted 12/3/2012 12:22:01 PM
LiquiD GameR posted...
SMG's are the only guns you should be using, use anything else and you're just gimping yourself.

This. Unless you're gonna be killing window campers, in which case you should use a sniper rifle and run around with it like a shotgun. Sniper Rifle and Smg seems to be the only useful classes because the smgs can do everything the assault rifle can from all distances on all maps. Heck, you might even still kill someone with just an eyeball poking out at half a mile with these smgs. If you for some reason need to kill someone from a distance, the sniper is always worth using over the assault rifles and lmgs.
#7FreshSquillaPosted 12/3/2012 12:22:16 PM
F0reverZero posted...

You need to know that this game is beast. And also 90% of this board does nothing but cry about how bad this game is yet they keep coming back n they keep playing. Good times.
---
psn: AMERICAN_GRITS
#8buzzerr3Posted 12/3/2012 12:32:14 PM
best advice i can give you is to not listen to any of the babies crying on this website.

the game is a lot of fun.

SMGs are not the only guns to use. I use whichever gun i am in the mood for using and i always go positive KD ratio wise.

Shotguns are fun... assualt rifles are great, smgs are okay but not too good at a distance,, sniper rifles are just fine also.

If you find something that you think is over powered don't come on here and beg for it to be nerfed... just adjust your play style to it..

and most importantly... remember this is a game.. so play if like a game and just go into a match with the mindset that you're there to have fun.

You're not in the game to bring freedom to your people... it's just a game.. have fun playing
---
Yo
#9Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/3/2012 12:35:25 PM
What do you need to know? The psn is down for maintenance for another 4.5 hours.

Seriously though, I'd say put on laser sight on any smg and don't aim, just spray. That's how they intended this game to work.
#10thierminatorPosted 12/3/2012 2:58:54 PM
work together. heal, drop ammo crates, repair tanks when needed and spot enemies with the select button . don't play as a rambo. oh no wait thats battlefield. eeuuhhm just camp and hope someone gets in your sight , than shooooot!!!