People keep saying there isnt an OP weapon...

#1highwindmtPosted 12/3/2012 3:02:43 PM
Its true....in a way. There isnt one gun that stands above the rest (like the famas or MP40).

But there are several that I think are definitely close. The two main ones that come to mind are the PDW and the MSMC. I think a case could also be made for the burst pistol and the KAP40, to a lesser extent.

Anyone else agree? Or have a different weapon to nominate?
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#2kingofjamaicaPosted 12/3/2012 3:04:50 PM
I've regularly gone up against people using all those OP guns you've mentioned, and killed them with only the TAC45. Does that mean that handgun is OP? No.

That said, I do feel like SMGs in general aren't balanced. They excel in almost every situation in this game. The fix would be to decrease their accuracy, or to make maps that aren't the size of a cardboard box.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#3greatmario3Posted 12/3/2012 3:06:24 PM
Its a fairly balanced game, just like Black Ops 1.

Skorpion EVO is the only gun i'd consider OP, even though it really isn't.

It has the highest ROF of the SMG's, but does not have a very larger clip + a lot of recoil.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#4Mspaul09Posted 12/3/2012 3:09:27 PM
I personally don't think any weapon is OP in this game, which is nice. There are "over used" weapons, such as the MSMC. I wouldn't say the smgs are op or even unbalanced, more that most of these maps seem to be build for those guns, thus detuning players from using other types of weapons. It would be nice to see some more open and larger maps that would accomidate LMGs and ARs more.
---
PSN: PennyWise_80
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#5Masterpie3000Posted 12/3/2012 3:11:00 PM
its fairly balanced

some minor things could pretty much be done to most all of the weapons to help further the balance

its the small maps and the gameplay that enforces rushing that makes smgs seem so OP

on Blops maps the smgs would seem fine

this game with blops maps would the Ron burgundy (he is the balls if you did not know)
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#6greatmario3Posted 12/3/2012 3:11:24 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
I've regularly gone up against people using all those OP guns you've mentioned, and killed them with only the TAC45. Does that mean that handgun is OP? No.

That said, I do feel like SMGs in general aren't balanced. They excel in almost every situation in this game. The fix would be to decrease their accuracy, or to make maps that aren't the size of a cardboard box.

SMG's are very poor at long range, so that eliminates long range combat dominance. Try to use a Skorpion at long range with full auto fire. Not so usable, right? Sure, you could fire off a few rounds to let the recoil reset, but the enemy can easily kill you with a FAL without adjusting their firing speed.

While maps could be larger, would you find maps like Downfall, Outskirts, Seelow sized maps good for Black Ops 2? It would certainly cut down the SMG use.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#7_Asian_RicePosted 12/3/2012 3:13:36 PM
Confusing OU with OP again...

Sigh.
---
PSN: iAsianRice
Give a man a fire, warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life. -IamI3rian
#8H0tSh0tzZPosted 12/3/2012 3:14:42 PM
Scorpion evo. Just its RoF. But tbh every smg in this game is pretty op. This cod just reminds me of waw but with more variety in smgs.
---
My idea of fun is seeing your insides on the outside (:
#9tackle68Posted 12/3/2012 3:16:41 PM
_Asian_Rice posted...
Confusing OU with OP again...

Sigh.

Agreed
#10One_Too_ManyPosted 12/3/2012 3:19:08 PM
I fear the day people discover the Chicom with select fire.
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover