Quick Question: Select Fire

#1zaxelbraxPosted 12/3/2012 11:46:10 PM
Say I equip 'select fire' on a full auto gun, on the graph it shows an increase to fire rate, range & accuracy. my question is, are those attributes only increased once I select over to burst? or do they also apply to both ?
#2sandman9900Posted 12/4/2012 12:06:07 AM
Only for burst fire as short 3 or 4 shot bursts are more accurate with less recoil than full auto.
---
n00b, it's what's for dinner.
#3lil_bandit18Posted 12/4/2012 12:23:57 AM
Completely disregard the in game stats. Firing in a burst will make your gun more accurate, so to speak. You get no increase in range.
---
TM 87
http://i.imgur.com/m5kAg.gif http://imgur.com/DlYPQ.gif
#4xMessiahbolicalPosted 12/4/2012 1:49:06 AM
Putting your gun in Burst or Semi-Auto mode will actually increase it's center speed(the speed in which the gun's recoil re-centers) by quite a bit, thus lowering the gun's recoil. So if a gun has really high recoil, like the SCAR-H, putting Select Fire and switching to Burst might just be the remedy.

And some of the guns have different range/fire rate when put into different modes.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#5EvilZ123456Posted 12/4/2012 4:25:16 AM
i believe you do get a bit of range increase when you turn a full auto into a 3 round burst , because when you select fire full auto the SWAT 556 the range decreases on it , so vice versa it should work
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/4/2012 5:07:40 AM
xMessiahbolical posted...
Putting your gun in Burst or Semi-Auto mode will actually increase it's center speed(the speed in which the gun's recoil re-centers) by quite a bit, thus lowering the gun's recoil. So if a gun has really high recoil, like the SCAR-H, putting Select Fire and switching to Burst might just be the remedy.

And some of the guns have different range/fire rate when put into different modes.

Exactly. It really does help those guns with highish recoil, like the Skorpion EVO.

Speaking of the Skorpion, its recoil is really low with burst fire if you use it like the Chicom.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com