Anyone have a good setup for riot shields?

#1helvinek83Posted 12/3/2012 11:37:55 PM
I use my grenade launcher with my AR but I hate wasting grenades on riot shield dudes because they really annoy me and I run out too fast or have to run around in circles when they are trying to hit me.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the metal piercing bullets work on riot shields? I like using MMS + Launcher ammo but had to switch to add metal piercing bullets since the riot shield dudes kept chasing me around while I am trying to kill other dudes which leads me to a very vulnerable state. Anyone know? Also share any good setups you have for this with AR or other weapons that can take down these guys.
#2copycat2008Posted 12/3/2012 11:38:43 PM
iot hield? = death
its good for giving me killstreaks
#3Darkflare_EXPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:08 PM
Check to make sure the riot shield isn't a distraction for his teammates. if he's alone, circle strafe him and shoot any openings you get. Try to avoid being too close in case he's got a combat axe to quickly throw at you.

If he's got teammates, consider trying to get away to a better position. Otherwise try to target the teammates first and watch out for the riot shielder suddenly taking advantage by switching to his secondary. If you're quick, you might be able to get the shielder as he's switching weapons.

Otherwise, shields aren't as much of a threat as they were in MW2 and 3.
---
You cannot select this due to restrictions on connection quality
Not changing sig until I feel like it. (Started: who cares?)
#4Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:01 AM
FMJ does not work against shields. Use C4 instead, since that is, and always has been a riot shielder's biggest weakness. Just watch out for flak jacket users, since C4 won't do jack to them.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#5ernie2coolPosted 12/4/2012 12:02:08 AM
The bow works against riot shields. One shot kill always.
#6johnuk27Posted 12/4/2012 12:49:56 AM
ernie2cool posted...

wrong, i have been stuck by bows and semtex and survived with a shield, its bout 60-70% death tho
#7ernie2coolPosted 12/4/2012 12:51:39 AM
johnuk27 posted...
ernie2cool posted...

wrong, i have been stuck by bows and semtex and survived with a shield, its bout 60-70% death tho

Hmm ok but I did have a guy kill me repeatedly with bows on that yacht map, like one shot one kill. Dont remember what perks I used but I thought it was flak jacket. I was in one of the doorways and he shot the shield always and I died ;(
#8johnuk27Posted 12/4/2012 1:01:41 AM
ernie2cool posted...
johnuk27 posted...
ernie2cool posted...

Hmm ok but I did have a guy kill me repeatedly with bows on that yacht map, like one shot one kill. Dont remember what perks I used but I thought it was flak jacket. I was in one of the doorways and he shot the shield always and I died ;(

yeah i have had the same happen, it seems quite random best to avoid bows in standoffs
#9BuggybearPosted 12/4/2012 3:20:24 AM
I was playing against a clan of riot shield users yesterday. They were all gathered in a small room and crammed it with claymores and bettys.
I used engineer, black hat and smaw.
It was wild, hillarious fun. :-))
I was laughing so hard that i couldnt counter them, when they came after me.
---
Warning: does not play well with others.
PSN:BUGGYBEAR2010