Trying to wean myself off of FPS Freeks...

#1newgirliePosted 12/4/2012 9:44:25 AM
I love FPS Freeks. I've been using it since MW2 and I feel like it's helped with my accuracy (I play on sensitivity 10 when using them). However, in recent months I've been playing quite often at friends' places and I always forget to bring my joysticks. If I play with a normal controller, I suck horribly because I'm no longer used to the way they feel. Has anyone here ever had to wean themselves off of FPS Freeks? Sigh, it's not going to be easy.
---
Top 14 BEST Squaresoft Musical Compositions, with video clips!
http://youtu.be/7-fqLykqAvA
#2lexussssPosted 12/4/2012 9:56:55 AM
First world problems
#3Mountaintop884Posted 12/4/2012 10:04:58 AM
What is a fps freeks? Never heard of it.
#4wildluckPosted 12/4/2012 10:05:45 AM
No idea what this is...
---
PSN: WilDLucK
Black Ops II & Guild Wars II
#5Tabor21Posted 12/4/2012 10:20:48 AM
It's a plastic "extension" that hooks on to your two analog joy sticks on the PS3 controller that are supposed to boast increased accuracy and turning capabilities.

I bought them ($16) and tried it out and did absolutely awful in one match and took them off. lol. I don't have the patience to "learn" them, clearly.

Some people, however, claim they work wonders.
---
My YouTube Channel, which includes TABOR TIME videos, can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BabyNolan1984?feature=mhee
#6wildluckPosted 12/4/2012 10:35:52 AM
Oh I seen them before, wasn't even willing to try it myself. I stick with my classic style psc
---
PSN: WilDLucK
Black Ops II & Guild Wars II
#7bd222Posted 12/4/2012 11:24:09 AM
I can say I use FPS freeks and they do definitely help you with your sensitivity if you take the time to learn how to use them. I played bad with them at first, but after using them for a while I am significantly better when I use them.

They allowed me to increase my sensitivity from 5 to 8. However, to compensate for being at a friends house without my freeks, I just adjust my sensitivity back down to 5 or 6.
---
PSN: Ford_Lord
#8Stryker_StormPosted 12/4/2012 11:27:57 AM
I use them, or at least I used to, until I lost one of them, I've been meaning to order more.

They're a godsent to those that play on a low sensitivity, in this game I play on sensitivity 4 and get shot in the back so many times when I should've had time to turn and fight back.

So I guess you could conveniently lose them somehow, but I don't see any benefit to suddenly stop using them.
---
This is my PSN. There are many like it, but this one is mine: StrykerStorm
#9AlexxPBPosted 12/4/2012 11:30:26 AM
lexussss posted...
First world problems

---
"But if you just send a PM, the whole rest of the board won't know anything is going on! How are you supposed to get attention like that?" - MileRun
#10ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/4/2012 11:32:49 AM
lexussss posted...
First world problems

On a video game message board there's pretty much nothing but first world problems. No need to inform us of what we already know.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.