Wait, even public match-making matches based on skill now?

#1truly_FLCLPosted 12/5/2012 12:13:54 AM
Was just told this by my brother.

If true, it'd certainly explain why I can't end with good scores, anymore (at my peak, I was a 2.41 KDR, ~340 SPM Kill Confirmed player).

And if true, then wtf is the point of League Play?
---
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/masshi/sad_ckcs.jpg
#2K4R_Nirvana41Posted 12/5/2012 12:15:04 AM
That's what we're all asking
---
PSN: IvanMaldo. TeamVvG Captain, www.TeamVvG.tk, Lol @ You
#3xMessiahbolicalPosted 12/5/2012 12:17:55 AM
It's not based on skill, it's based on SPM. And usually more casual players(or straight campers who sit in the back of the map and don't play the objective at all), will have a lower SPM.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#4truly_FLCL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:20:16 AM
From: xMessiahbolical | Posted: 12/4/2012 11:17:55 PM | #003
It's not based on skill, it's based on SPM. And usually more casual players(or straight campers who sit in the back of the map and don't play the objective at all), will have a lower SPM.

Well this sucks.

Any word on whether it's gonna change back to the way it was? Has fan feedback been negative?

I mean, a lot of the fun of CoD is going on absolute tears. And you just can't do that against people who know what they're doing.
---
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/masshi/sad_ckcs.jpg
#5Crzy89Posted 12/5/2012 12:21:40 AM
^And Hardcore players...I was sitting at 398 for reg TDM during the first few days when shots were registering. After the patch, I couldn't kill anything even though I was on target so I swapped to Hardcore. SPM dropped a good 100 points already because of how people play it.

I'd still rather play a slow mode where my bullets register than a mode where the first half of the mag fires nothing but blanks.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#6greggreggreg2000Posted 12/5/2012 12:29:23 AM
If it's on SPM it does a pretty crappy job for matching me up. I get put into lobbies where I'm the 11th worst SPM out of 12 people and everyone else is 2 prestiges ahead of me.
---
"Everybody panic! It's just like the Titanic, but it's full of bears!"
#7gtaking5Posted 12/5/2012 1:02:08 AM
If it's on SPM it does a pretty crappy job for matching me up. I get put into lobbies where I'm the 11th worst SPM out of 12 people and everyone else is 2 prestiges ahead of me.

Same here. And because of being thrown into losing games 99% of the time, I've butchered my W/L beyond f***ing repair, at least for now. K/D doesn't matter to me as long as it's above 1.1.

But because I'm being thrown into losing games all the time I can't do s***. I'd stick to league play for the time being, but the only XP I get is match bonus. I wanna prestige, and would have three days ago. But can't because I can't get into a good game anymore.
---
My imagination runs away, on this 8th avenue serenade
Meet me at the bathroom stall, meet me at the Whispering Wall before all the flames burn out
#8flame030191Posted 12/5/2012 1:38:25 AM
It's not SPM or KD. Von admitted before launch skill in this game is soley determined by W/L. Even critics have panned this, though, as W/L is a terrible way to determine skill.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#9xMessiahbolicalPosted 12/5/2012 3:33:02 AM
truly_FLCL posted...
From: xMessiahbolical | Posted: 12/4/2012 11:17:55 PM | #003

Well this sucks.

Any word on whether it's gonna change back to the way it was? Has fan feedback been negative?

I mean, a lot of the fun of CoD is going on absolute tears. And you just can't do that against people who know what they're doing.

If you're lucky you can still find that "golden lobby" with all of the noobs, since it's not PURELY skill based. It still depends on who's online trying to find a match at the same time as you.

The following is just my theory, but it seems that if you want to get matched up with noobs more often setting your connection to "Best" will prevent you from doing that, as it will wait for a longer time giving the game more of a chance to find a lobby with your skill level. Since switching back to "Normal" I get matched up against noobier players a bit more often. "Any" seems to just focus purely on skill instead of connection quality.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#10xMessiahbolicalPosted 12/5/2012 3:40:19 AM
flame030191 posted...
It's not SPM or KD. Von admitted before launch skill in this game is soley determined by W/L. Even critics have panned this, though, as W/L is a terrible way to determine skill.

No stats determine skill. Especially when matchmaking is determined by stats. If you're a terrible player being matched up against other terrible players more often, aren't your stats going to get inflated because of it?

If good players are facing good players and bad players are facing bad players, aren't the chances going to be that ALL of these players are going to have around a 1.0 w/l? This is why I have a hard time believing that matchmaking is based on w/l. It seems like I'd be running into a lot more bad players than I do, since there are a lot of bad players that win a lot of games just from being carried or playing other bad players...
---
PSN - xwageslavex