now i understand people's complaints about sniping ...

#1Zed7777ZR1Posted 12/5/2012 3:07:02 PM
i can't believe it myself ... i find myself agreeing that sniping ... or sniper rifles have become ... very powerful ...

i've been playing COD since 4 ... and i'll shorten what i have to say ...

COD4 \ people salute a good sniper and you don't see many of them in a game anyway as most people were rushers or campers. also no-scoping was the colest thing back then.

WAW \ no comment as i haven't played it much.

MW2 \ quick scoping was born and was quite the hit. and snipers were 10 times as many as tehre was in COD4 , but still bearable since stopping power was there for ARs and SMGs to take them down from afar.

BO1 \ snipers got screwed then made powerful again ... snipers got even more active and the " run and snipe " style became too famous to ignore.

MW3 \ lag compensation gave the shaft to snipers but there's always 3-4 in each game to keep reminding you there's a quickscoper around ... but teh other guns were powerful enough to take them down if you have a good chance.

BO2 \ snipers are out of control ... there's everywhere , they're always a one shot kill , and what makes it impossible to coutner is that guns like ARs and SMGs takes too many bullets to kill them compared to previous games ... and this is why im just realizing how much of a pain it is to go against a sniper ... let alone a quickscoper ...

and quite frankly ... i can't admit that people became good at sniping in COD , now i understand people complaining abotu aim assist ... and quickscoping ... its only because there's no solid counter to them ...
#2johnuk27Posted 12/5/2012 3:11:25 PM
also while they ads they dont seem to flinch at all, had the guy as red as the screen can go without death while it showed him sniping mean his aim was steady as can be thats just stupid
#3crawf_FWCPosted 12/5/2012 3:13:12 PM
I do agree, best Counter though, smg, leightweight and fast side to side movements
#4Windspun_MonkeyPosted 12/5/2012 3:30:54 PM
Zed7777ZR1 posted...
i can't believe it myself ... i find myself agreeing that sniping ... or sniper rifles have become ... very powerful ...

i've been playing COD since 4 ... and i'll shorten what i have to say ...

COD4 \ people salute a good sniper and you don't see many of them in a game anyway as most people were rushers or campers. also no-scoping was the colest thing back then.

WAW \ no comment as i haven't played it much.

MW2 \ quick scoping was born and was quite the hit. and snipers were 10 times as many as tehre was in COD4 , but still bearable since stopping power was there for ARs and SMGs to take them down from afar.

BO1 \ snipers got screwed then made powerful again ... snipers got even more active and the " run and snipe " style became too famous to ignore.

MW3 \ lag compensation gave the shaft to snipers but there's always 3-4 in each game to keep reminding you there's a quickscoper around ... but teh other guns were powerful enough to take them down if you have a good chance.

BO2 \ snipers are out of control ... there's everywhere , they're always a one shot kill , and what makes it impossible to coutner is that guns like ARs and SMGs takes too many bullets to kill them compared to previous games ... and this is why im just realizing how much of a pain it is to go against a sniper ... let alone a quickscoper ...

and quite frankly ... i can't admit that people became good at sniping in COD , now i understand people complaining abotu aim assist ... and quickscoping ... its only because there's no solid counter to them ...

I actually have had good luck with the kap-40. close range only but man that gun is a beast.
#5pozertronPosted 12/5/2012 3:34:18 PM
Lately i find myself quitting the session if i get a sniper friendly map like Carrier or Meltdown. Those scrubs don't help me grind my AR camos, and more frustration i could do without , thank you.
#6One_Too_ManyPosted 12/5/2012 3:39:14 PM
Early on in MW3, I was really annoyed by QSing. I got over it. QSing isn't a realiable method of playing the game. A "great" sniping match is about the same as a above-average SMG/AR match.

I actually like the sniper riffles in BO2. I use them in matches I try to win now, instead of just using them a fun novelty weapon. I wouldn't say they're OP'd though. My weapon K/D with snipers hover around 1.00. If they are OP'd, I haven't stumbled upon it.
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover
#7KarahautPosted 12/5/2012 3:50:44 PM
Snipers don't feel overpowered to me at all, but I hardly use them. I do have something like 300 kills on the DSR however. I'm not a quickscoper though, I stay behind cover and camp. I find quickscoping an interesting concept but I'm not good enough to properly execute it. To be honest, this is my second shooter on a console (first being BF3) and first Call of Duty on a console (was mostly a PC shooter player).

I will say that I don't like quickscoping but it doesn't happen to me as often as I thought. I do wish that quickscoping is eliminated because it feels really bad getting the jump on someone only to have them scope in for 1 second and knock me out in 1 shot. Beggars can't be choosers though.
---
PSN: Karahaut
Video games are the worst.
#8Jason_HudsonPosted 12/5/2012 3:52:42 PM
If you need to cross a street that has a sniper looking down it, they never expect the dive. By the time he's managed to find you again, you're in safety.

28 Weeks Later showed me the zig zagging technique to avoid a sniper. Sometimes even works if you can make it unpredictable.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#9Freddie_MaysPosted 12/5/2012 5:15:08 PM
Ill see a sniper, start shooting, get hitmarkers, still die, wtf...
#10p06111981Posted 12/5/2012 5:19:46 PM
Isn't 28 weeks later poo?

Also quick scoping was born on cod 4 not mw2.