Can someone explain to me the difference between HARDPOINT and HEADQUARTERS?

#1ploodiePosted 12/8/2012 9:30:33 AM
Serious question - I played HARDPOINT once last night, and I honestly couldn't see any difference between that and HQ mode - what am I missing?
#2SatanicatPosted 12/8/2012 9:34:36 AM
Hardpoint:
If you capture the point, and then die, you still respawn.

Headquarters:
If you capture the headquarters, then die, you have to wait to respawn until the enemy grabs it or it moves.

Also, hardpoint can be captured instantly as long as no enemy is in the point, whereas headquarters you need to stay in it for a set time before it gets capped.
#3Masterpie3000Posted 12/8/2012 9:37:13 AM
also when an HQ is captured that is it

in hardpoint you can capture the hardpoint from the enemy during the entire 1 minute it is up

also if any enemies are in the hardpoint with you it will be "contested" which means no one is getting points

they are actually very different
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)
#4BlaeuPosted 12/8/2012 9:45:47 AM
Hardpoing is a Kind of the Hill mode. You just need a single player to be in the hill to be earning points. If both teams have people inside, it is contested as there is no "king" at the time. If can shift back and forth at the same location depending on who has someone within the hill at any given time.

HQ, as it has always been, is more about vying to capture the HQ and then earn as many points as you can before the enemy team is able to destroy it, starting the cycle anew.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 12/8/2012 10:46:30 AM
the next headquarters is in a random spot so you don't know where it's going to be

the next hardpoint follows a pattern so the good team will know exactly where the next one is and can get there right as it spawns
---
Learning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/1165953043354.jpg
#6ExtremeLightPosted 12/8/2012 11:47:49 AM
In any case Hardpoint is way easier than HQ. I hope they make a FFA version because this is pretty much "King of the Hill".
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#7Black_Widow98Posted 12/8/2012 12:17:39 PM
Most don't understand Hardpoint. They think that one person inside the hardpoint is all you need. The idea is to hold the hardpoint point with the entire team inside (king of the hill). More inside equals faster point building.
#8BlaeuPosted 12/8/2012 12:45:14 PM
Black_Widow98 posted...
Most don't understand Hardpoint. They think that one person inside the hardpoint is all you need. The idea is to hold the hardpoint point with the entire team inside (king of the hill). More inside equals faster point building.

This isn't true.

You earn one point per second regardless of the amount of players inside the Hardpoint. As long as your team controls it, you will earn the same amount of points whether you have one member inside, or all.

The goal of Hardpoint is to control it, then set up around it to prevent the other team from even getting close enough to contest it. It is also important to control the close spawn so your team will respawn close to the Hardpoint (vs across the map).

Too many people just rush into the Hardpoint trying to kill everyone when their team does not control the close spawn. They die, spawn far away, while anyone they just killed will respawn close to the Hardpoint and run back into position. People must learn that in order to control the Hardpoint, they must control the close spawn.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#9countzanderPosted 12/8/2012 1:05:46 PM
A hardpoint is the part of an airplane that carries things. Like, on an F-16, the hardpoint is the part of the wing where the missiles are. A headquarters is like a home base for some kind of organization. Comcast's headquarters is the One Comcast Center in Philadelphia.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k1nGh.jpg
#10AlexanaxelaPosted 12/8/2012 2:02:42 PM
Black_Widow98 posted...

This isn't true.

You earn one point per second regardless of the amount of players inside the Hardpoint. As long as your team controls it, you will earn the same amount of points whether you have one member inside, or all.

The goal of Hardpoint is to control it, then set up around it to prevent the other team from even getting close enough to contest it. It is also important to control the close spawn so your team will respawn close to the Hardpoint (vs across the map).

Too many people just rush into the Hardpoint trying to kill everyone when their team does not control the close spawn. They die, spawn far away, while anyone they just killed will respawn close to the Hardpoint and run back into position. People must learn that in order to control the Hardpoint, they must control the close spawn.

if only i could send this to all my teammates before every match
---
Beyond the mountains there are mountains again.