The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Well, I think it may be time to make it official.

#1IkasnuPosted 12/8/2012 11:38:33 AM
CoD is stale. It's getting boring and even more so with each release. I had fun with this game at first, but now that my hype has died down and I've played it enough to get a good feel for it, I feel disappointed. I thought the game was really good at first (a 7/10-8/10 rating to put it in perspective) and now that I had time to analyze it and truly get a feel for the game, BO2 is more of a 5/10.

Call of Duty 4, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops are all better games. I thought Treyarch was going to be able to improve the game, the series with the bits of innovation they threw in there, but it just didn't happen. Like IW, Treyarch just released their worst product.

No, I'm not complaining, but comparing. I went back and played CoD4, and aside from the hackers, it's fun. I had a blast playing, and this goes for Black Ops as well. I counldn't get into a lobby that wasn't hacked in MW2 or WaW, which is sad, but still, I remember what they were and they were fun in their prime, but the quality that the latest CoD games have is poor, and I see nothing good for CoD's future.

I know you guys couldn't care less, but this is my last and final CoD. From here on out I will not be buying from Activision, IW, or Treyarch beyond Black Ops 2. 6 years and we have seen 6 CoD games, yet they're all the same and with increasing issues. They don't focus on making one game great, they focus on production, the next game on the line.

Your thoughts?
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.
#2uwishuwereme17Posted 12/8/2012 11:39:40 AM
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
#3jdak10Posted 12/8/2012 11:39:42 AM
So you have the official word?
---
Watch me douche here! http://youtu.be/Az6GudnYiTM
GameFAQS adverts are taking over my iPhone.
#4Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:40:48 AM
jdak10 posted...
So you have the official word?

Based on the fact it's my decision and opinion, yes. This is my official word.
---
#5Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:41:40 AM
uwishuwereme17 posted...
Nothing to see here folks, move along.

So you're willing to admit that CoD has no issues? Or just don't want to discuss them because that's really what this topic is about.
---
#6ExtremeLightPosted 12/8/2012 11:42:36 AM
I'm thinking of not buying the next CoD too. There are plenty of other games that could feel the slot. CoD for me is dying down. I do feel that this game is the last good CoD but it's over. Assassin Creed come out every years and it even more awesome with each release. I love me some Naruto and Dragonball more. For me I think this will be the last FPS I will play for a while.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#7p06111981Posted 12/8/2012 11:42:59 AM
I said this the other day so I was first :P
#8Asylum_71Posted 12/8/2012 11:44:21 AM
It's not that cod as a whole is getting boring or somehow beginning to fail as a franchise (I'd like even a fraction of that failure..). It's that the people who have been playing it for years are getting tired of it.. like with everything else. Maybe if we didn't get yearly releases, it wouldn't have happened as quickly, but there are a lot of people who are new to the series and are looking forward to new releases.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#9Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:44:56 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
I'm thinking of not buying the next CoD too. There are plenty of other games that could feel the slot. CoD for me is dying down. I do feel that this game is the last good CoD but it's over. Assassin Creed come out every years and it even more awesome with each release. I love me some Naruto and Dragonball more. For me I think this will be the last FPS I will play for a while.

I agree with you. However in my case if I feel the need to get some FPS games in I'll play a previous CoD or Battlefield, or even Counter Strike. Counter Strike... Man that game is awesome.
---
#10Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:47:18 AM
Asylum_71 posted...
It's not that cod as a whole is getting boring or somehow beginning to fail as a franchise (I'd like even a fraction of that failure..). It's that the people who have been playing it for years are getting tired of it.. like with everything else. Maybe if we didn't get yearly releases, it wouldn't have happened as quickly, but there are a lot of people who are new to the series and are looking forward to new releases.

That is true, but I took a year away from CoD, completely disregarded MW3 yet I'm still bored with what we have. Heck I played CoD4 which was released 6 years ago and had a blast with it like I did back in it's prime, so with me I don't think this is the issue, but it certainly is for a majority of the community.

I never did like the idea of them continuously releasing them.
---