Well, I think it may be time to make it official.

#31flame030191Posted 12/8/2012 1:47:22 PM
Weiland101 posted...
Retro_Cuddles posted...
CoDs been around longer than 6 years fyi

Yes we all know that but as good as the ones before COD4 might have been few people cared about those games (relatively speaking)

To the dude who said COD has been "dying for years" sales wise is being overly dramatic.

I stated the facts. BOps2 has seen an 11% decline from MW3 at this point last year, which that was (I believe) 15% lower than BOps the year before. BOps also declined from MW2, though I don't remember the percentage.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#32Zblueshell14Posted 12/8/2012 2:28:39 PM
I don't know I think Black Ops 2 has the potential to be really good only if Treyarch would accept the fact that the game has some major problems...
---
Next Day 1 Buys - Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, and The Last of Us
Invade - http://www.facebook.com/InvadeClothingInc
#33ymdasePosted 12/8/2012 2:34:05 PM
uwishuwereme17 posted...
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
#34drakeyyyPosted 12/8/2012 2:36:02 PM
Tbh the biggest problem is that it's an fps game. There is only so much you can do. Since I'm incredibly against vehicles their really isn't a whole lot you can change every year to make the games so dramatically different.

The best part about cod4? It was new and fresh. Same thing with mw2 which felt drastically different from any cod to date. But at this point I'm not sure what they could do to make such a difference
#35Lord_TenseEyePosted 12/8/2012 2:38:14 PM
Ikasnu posted...
uwishuwereme17 posted...

So you're willing to admit that CoD has no issues? Or just don't want to discuss them because that's really what this topic is about.

Nothing to see here is typically what people post when they declare a post a troll post. If I remember correctly, the topic creator has put up a guide for the cod games more than a few times. This is one poster who has always given a cod game the benefit of a doubt and can hardly be labelled a troll for making this topic.
#36MiniVirus2Posted 12/8/2012 2:42:48 PM
Here's the thing. I believe that even the most diehard fans would agree that CoD hasn't really changed since MW. There's bit of changes here and there, but they're more like expansions to the same game.

With that said, it's my belief that most people who have played online since MW have at least reached prestige 2-3 times, if not more, in each reiteration of the game. Now if we're to add in the premise that CoD hasn't changed since MW, a lot of people have essentially been playing the same game for 5+ years.

Too me, a year-round shelf life of 5 years is pretty good.

What am I getting at? Well, if you have been playing that long and you have prestiged several times in each game, you poured hours upon hours into what is arguably the same game. Would it be getting stale by now? Of course, it's been over 5 years of the same thing. Is that a bad run? By no means.

Everyone needs a refresher now and then. I, personally have played extensively since MW2 and bits of MW and WaW, but I haven't really played enough to prestige several times in each game (4x in MW2, 2x in BO, 1x in MW3 and 1x in BO2 thus far). It's already grating on me, but I still enjoy it. So really, yeah you can say CoD has become stale, but it really just a matter of perspective and how long you've been with the series.
---
R.I.P. DIO
#37Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:51:59 PM

So you're willing to admit that CoD has no issues? Or just don't want to discuss them because that's really what this topic is about.

---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.
#38KamanickPosted 12/8/2012 3:03:30 PM
How egotistical. Because you've said CoD is stale, it's now official?
---
PSN: liam6678
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet"
#39RockManX32Posted 12/8/2012 3:15:49 PM
Oh, whew, now that it's official that this game is stale I don't have to play anymore.
#40Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:01:09 PM(edited)
"How egotistical. Because you've said CoD is stale, it's now official?"

Does anybody ******* read?
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.