Did they make spawns worse?

#1dpcdominoPosted 12/9/2012 5:40:29 AM
I find myself spawning right next the enemies now. A few times right behind the enemy to my benefit. Did not happen before the patch
#2dpcdomino(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:45:49 AM
I cannot be imagining this right?
#3VentusXIIPosted 12/9/2012 9:48:18 AM
Yes the spawns are indefinitely worse than previous CoDs...however not as bad as MW3 spawns in my experience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSPUFd4zmo hihi

Yes, the spawns need fixing. I was playing on...what was it, Hijacked? Where I was spawned at B flag which the enemies had (no enemy was near A; had team on VC to prove it), and I was immediately killed afterwards. I could send Treyarch some tech support tickets, but I'm not sure how effective they would be.
---
285/300 BTs! After a year's worth of trying, finally got FAM!
Awaiting Resident Evil 6 and Zelda 3DS.
#4dpcdomino(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:29:35 AM
VentusXII posted...
Yes the spawns are indefinitely worse than previous CoDs...however not as bad as MW3 spawns in my experience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSPUFd4zmo hihi

I was actually more questioning the difference pre- and post- the recent patch
#5X_ShiggyDiggy_XPosted 12/10/2012 4:43:33 AM
Oh haven't you heard? Having a spawn system is optional now.
#6OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/10/2012 5:56:27 AM
Lol MW3's were never this bad ....
They were bad for a week or two and then fixed.

We are in mid December and Blops 2 spawns are still awful.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Now playing: Black Ops 2, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
#7SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 12/10/2012 8:02:16 AM
I don't think it really changed. I have spawned in someone's sights before... and I mean literally spawn in front of them just outside of knifing range... with them to my back.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#8flame030191Posted 12/10/2012 8:07:31 AM
I got killed, respawned in my dead body, died immediately, respawned to watch the enemy try and run off as my dead body was still falling, killed him, then died because he spawned knifing distance behind me.

Yes, the spawns are much worse than MW3.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#9AegisGainesPosted 12/10/2012 8:18:24 AM
Compared to pre 1.04 patch the spawn seems way more volatile. I last night I spawned behind people that killed me and got revenge on them in under 2 seconds. My team wasn't even overextended.
I've also been spawned in the path of the same enemy rusher and been killed upon spawning 3 times in a row.
I've noticed this change on all maps, especially overflow, carrier and standoff.
---
Nightmares Never Sleep
PSN: Rahmeesh
#10KaraSawaKnightPosted 12/10/2012 9:16:00 AM
I haven't taken note of any real bad spawns since patch, but pre-patch I had a couple of completely ridiculous spawns. They seemed to be based on my own team, as in the first instance which really pissed me off was when I died from some random event only to respawn next to a teammate and IMMEDIATELY upon showing the new location I had a Frag Grenade indicator at my feet. No I did not get away in time...

The next was when I was spawned directly into the zone of an enemy LIghtning Strike. So I died, respawned, looked around for maybe an entire second, and then was blown to bits again.

These extreme instances seem to be few and far between but I am still of the opinion that these two examples should NEVER happen. I find it archaic that a game in 2012 can not incorporate the technology necessary to prevent spawning one team member in front of an enemy team member in any way. If I have to have a 2 second, or 3 second delay between dieing and respawning, then so be it. I shouldn't take a subsequent 2-4 deaths because I died once. That's simply not indicative of high, or even just good, quality.

I'd be curious to see how bad "camping" complaints are if dieing one time no longer meant dieing at least 2 times due to bad spawns.
---
"Me? I'm just here to see how the story unfolds." Balthier, FFXII