Reaction time help

#1Rebels28Posted 12/9/2012 12:17:15 PM
My reaction time is pretty bad. The majority of the time if I turn a corner and see the enemy they're picking me off before I even have a chance to get a shot off.

Right now I am using the scar with quick reload and the target finder sight. This helps me a little because when I'm turning corners or anticipating the enemy I am already looking down my sight and aiming quicker when I seed the red target.

Once I unlock ghost I want to use a silencer and I also want to see if grip helps me aim better. So I don't know what attachments I should go with. Do I just need to get better at hip firing? Any suggestions?
#2OnDiscDLCPosted 12/9/2012 12:20:26 PM
The enemy gets their shots off first because they are probably 1 second ahead of you because of lag. So you really can't do much about that. But if you want to try to still kill them, try aiming your gun upwards to the head to do more damage.
#3Soul_IntruderPosted 12/9/2012 12:20:37 PM
Use adjustable stock
#4jdak10Posted 12/9/2012 12:37:50 PM
OnDiscDLC posted...
The enemy gets their shots off first because they are probably 1 second ahead of you because of lag. So you really can't do much about that. But if you want to try to still kill them, try aiming your gun upwards to the head to do more damage.

This is true cause everybody is a second behind everybody else. Strange thing is that everybody lags and they are all a second behind.
---
Watch me douche here! http://youtu.be/Az6GudnYiTM
GameFAQS adverts are taking over my iPhone.
#5AK7ForUPosted 12/9/2012 7:50:15 PM
You're likely dying because you're trying to go around corners looking through your target finder. You'll need to learn to use iron sights in both close and long range, and you'll need to learn to sweep and clear quickly. Additionally, try turning up your sensitivity.

Seriously though, remove your target finder. It's not like it's cheap (unless you're camping with it), but it'll keep you from getting better at the game. You'll only get better at using the target finder.
---
I carry a grenade in case I get upset.
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 12/9/2012 7:54:25 PM
If you're running around, like the others have said, remove the target finder. That's more of a long range attachment; it's not good for running & gunning (like the ACOG scopes in the past).

One way that can get you better reaction times is shotgunning. You need to be fast with your reactions if you want to do some good work with any of the shotguns, so you should learn fast (plus, it helps with map knowledge).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#7rave50000Posted 12/9/2012 9:13:31 PM
Soul_Intruder posted...
Use adjustable stock

---
PSN: Bust-A-Cap80
#8Asylum_71Posted 12/9/2012 9:37:57 PM
target finder sight

This is bad and you should feel bad. It's also not going to help your reaction time.. at all.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#9BuggybearPosted 12/9/2012 11:04:39 PM
Silencer does nothing for me. Combined with lag it's like spitting peas at enemies. You would be more likely to kill them if you threw your gun at them.
---
Warning: does not play well with others.
PSN:BUGGYBEAR2010
#10acaron8Posted 12/10/2012 12:27:08 AM
Try shotguns. It'll make you adjust your play style a bit, but you won't have to bother aiming down the sights when you round corners and see someone.
---
PSN: Cougar887