Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#121NO2_FiendPosted 12/15/2012 3:49:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#122Rotcod_WhatPosted 12/15/2012 3:51:12 PM
It's probably been said but topics like this are stupid.
There is NO evidence that violent games (or films) have any relation to murder or crime in the real world.
This sillyness is just bed-wetting conservatives who don't want to accept their Gun Laws and first Amendment is out of date!
Most American people are wonderful and will probably agree with my what I'm saying.

Except, this topic isn't about that at all. It boggles my mind that so many responses here seem to be about a totally different topic. I'd like a link to the topic in which some damn fool is claiming that violent videogames inspired this recent tragedy.

There sure are a lot of knee-jerk reactions to that opinion, but you all are posting them in the wrong topic.
---
Now they face an even greater danger...
Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!!
#123SniperFrogPosted 12/15/2012 3:54:54 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
angrymobjustice posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
Over 300,000,000 Americans.... 26 die.... not a big deal.

I don't even care that they were kids I mean think about how many abortions are done each day... I bet it's more than 26.

I'm not against abortions btw.

Your ignorance is baffling. Try telling the parents its "not a big deal" I cant imagine what heartache they must be going through. You have no idea what it is like for them.

Ignorance is thinking the death of such a small portion of the world really matters. They didn't even die in that awful of a manner. I once saw a video of a Columbian tribe that buried their kids alive because they didn't have any food to feed them.

Get some perspective than maybe you can talk to me about ignorance.

Not caring about less than .000000000000001 percent of an overpopulated species does not constitute ignorance.

You sound like a sociopath
#124NO2_FiendPosted 12/15/2012 4:04:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#125SniperFrogPosted 12/15/2012 4:09:17 PM
No a sociopath. Actually your thought process is no different in Hitler, Stalin and others who have justified mass murder of people.
#126OmgitsMarioPosted 12/15/2012 4:10:35 PM
tgoudy posted...
This board, man. He just shared his thoughts and asked a question. There is zero reason to be douches about it.

And no tc, it didn't keep me from playing. I came home, hugged my son a little tighter, but then hopped on to enjoy double xp. I can see where you are coming from, and while this one hit me a little harder than some other ones, cod doesn't have that correlation for me.

---
An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
#127Kikara13Posted 12/15/2012 4:16:07 PM
makes me want to play even more
---
Bored
#128Fatal LightningPosted 12/15/2012 4:16:58 PM
why?
---
PSN:fatallightning
ME: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/fatal_lightning/
#129NO2_FiendPosted 12/15/2012 4:20:34 PM
SniperFrog posted...
No a sociopath. Actually your thought process is no different in Hitler, Stalin and others who have justified mass murder of people.

^
Now that is ignorance.

Not caring if people die and actively ensuring peoples deaths are too hugely different things. Comparing me to Hitler is completely ridiculous and only shows you can't handle people having differing opinions on the value of a life. You have some real growing up to do.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#130OmegaDL50Posted 12/15/2012 4:24:04 PM
The school shooting was a sad situation and it's very unfortunate that those kids died, however COD has little baring on the situation.

I know the difference and know how to distinguish that is fiction (the video game) and reality (the tragedy)

A shame not everyone is like this and some blur the lines. People may want to put the blame on the most convenient thing be it violent video games, but there is eventually there is a point in which people need to realize putting the blame on the easiest thing is little more then a cop out, when it's sometimes nothing more then a mentally disturbed individual who takes these horrible actions upon themselves.

I suppose the gun law thing is another consideration. If the laws were more strict in the sense it would be harder to get these weapons into the hands of individuals that would use them for malicious intent, then without the means to get them they would not be able to do such horrible acts. Unfortunately this matters little now.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.