Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#131proudgkPosted 12/15/2012 4:26:30 PM
pauten posted...
It's probably been said but topics like this are stupid.

Indeed. All you get is people criticizing others when they don't have a similar opinion. They basically become debates as to why my view is "correct" and your view is "wrong" then regress into name-calling. This stuff isn't needed on a game board that has nothing to do with the game.
#132SniperFrogPosted 12/15/2012 4:50:47 PM(edited)
NO2_Fiend posted...
SniperFrog posted...
No a sociopath. Actually your thought process is no different in Hitler, Stalin and others who have justified mass murder of people.

^
Now that is ignorance.

Not caring if people die and actively ensuring peoples deaths are too hugely different things. Comparing me to Hitler is completely ridiculous and only shows you can't handle people having differing opinions on the value of a life. You have some real growing up to do.

No you have the same thought process they used to justify their acts. I'm sorry you can't figure that out. You seem to have no value at all in human life. Its sociopathic.
#133sandman9900Posted 12/15/2012 4:49:02 PM
My heart goes out to the victims and their families but I'm not going to let it keep me from doing something I enjoy. I firmly believe that movies and video games don't make people want to go out and perform heinous acts like that. For someone to do that requires a preexisting mental condition.
---
n00b, it's what's for dinner.
#134StealthlysPosted 12/15/2012 4:56:38 PM
No, and not really sad at all. We ignore other kids dying all over the world.

humans make me sick

In the last 10 minutes more than 20 people just died.
#135DemonReacherPosted 12/15/2012 5:00:57 PM
The TC isnt saying COD is responsible, and he isnt saying stop playing to do something about it, how you people got that into your head I have no idea. He simply doesnt want to play the game as it reminds him too much of the shootings, thats it. He also wanted to know if other people felt similar. Now he is called a troll, some guy said he wanted to skin him alive or something bizare, and others are making the most inane posts saying omg my post is contributing to a post count we are all sick blah blah blah.

The only reason this topic is going downhill, if you want to call it that, is because none of you are actually asking each other what their perspective actually is on the topic. You are all making assumptions about what the TC is saying and making a strange debate about it that is irrelevant to the topic. This topic is not about a debate, again he is simply asking who feels similar to him about not wanting to play the game at this point in time.

Not all of us are wired the same way, if you dont draw the association of playing black ops and the shootings, thats great imo keep playing. I personally wasn't affected much by this shooting as I had already felt aweful about the Colorado shootings for Dark Knight rises.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#136NO2_FiendPosted 12/15/2012 7:07:16 PM
SniperFrog posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
SniperFrog posted...
No a sociopath. Actually your thought process is no different in Hitler, Stalin and others who have justified mass murder of people.

^
Now that is ignorance.

Not caring if people die and actively ensuring peoples deaths are too hugely different things. Comparing me to Hitler is completely ridiculous and only shows you can't handle people having differing opinions on the value of a life. You have some real growing up to do.

No you have the same thought process they used to justify their acts. I'm sorry you can't figure that out. You seem to have no value at all in human life. Its sociopathic.

Sociopaths can't feel empathy for anyone which is untrue for both me and Hitler/Stalin.

Not caring for the greater majority of humanity is not the same as not caring for anyone.... I'm sorry you can't figure that out.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#137Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 8:14:53 PM
I actually played it last night, when the volume turned low, tears in my eyes, and a live news report playing on the laptop so I could listen to it. I was already playing the game yesterday before I even heard about what happened.
---
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick
#138Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 8:23:30 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
SniperFrog posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
angrymobjustice posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
Over 300,000,000 Americans.... 26 die.... not a big deal.

I don't even care that they were kids I mean think about how many abortions are done each day... I bet it's more than 26.

I'm not against abortions btw.

Your ignorance is baffling. Try telling the parents its "not a big deal" I cant imagine what heartache they must be going through. You have no idea what it is like for them.

Ignorance is thinking the death of such a small portion of the world really matters. They didn't even die in that awful of a manner. I once saw a video of a Columbian tribe that buried their kids alive because they didn't have any food to feed them.

Get some perspective than maybe you can talk to me about ignorance.

Not caring about less than .000000000000001 percent of an overpopulated species does not constitute ignorance.

You sound like a sociopath

I'm a realist. It's over empathetic people like those displayed in this thread that will lead to the ruination of our planet. Our planet cannot support an ever growing population FACT. Balance is not something most humans understand but I do and a species that has no natural predators dooms all others... and eventually will doom itself.

You're giving a great insight into your mind. I bet what you're saying is the same thing that was running through Adam's head. I wish something would get done about you people ahead of time, instead of after something tragic.
---
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick
#139Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 8:25:59 PM
SniperFrog posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
SniperFrog posted...

^
Now that is ignorance.

This.
---
#140nandshein(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 9:08:02 PM
DemonReacher posted...
The TC isnt saying COD is responsible, and he isnt saying stop playing to do something about it, how you people got that into your head I have no idea. He simply doesnt want to play the game as it reminds him too much of the shootings, thats it. He also wanted to know if other people felt similar. Now he is called a troll, some guy said he wanted to skin him alive or something bizare, and others are making the most inane posts saying omg my post is contributing to a post count we are all sick blah blah blah.

The only reason this topic is going downhill, if you want to call it that, is because none of you are actually asking each other what their perspective actually is on the topic. You are all making assumptions about what the TC is saying and making a strange debate about it that is irrelevant to the topic. This topic is not about a debate, again he is simply asking who feels similar to him about not wanting to play the game at this point in time.

Not all of us are wired the same way, if you dont draw the association of playing black ops and the shootings, thats great imo keep playing. I personally wasn't affected much by this shooting as I had already felt aweful about the Colorado shootings for Dark Knight rises.

Thank you. I've been reading these posts wondering how it got so off topic. I wasn't criticizing anyone who didn't feel the same as me. I just wondered if it has the same effect. I also clearly stated that I wasn't blaming this game. This game is now my favorite shooter. I DID play it for two hours tonight. I work in a school so the shootings did mean something to me. I also happen to love to play Black Ops. So it is what it is...but people have made my post to be something do much deeper or hypocritical or sacrificial. It was none of these. Just curious If others were dissuaded from playing due to the days events, not as a sacrifice for the families, but just because it didn't feel right.