Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#141ShortietheshortPosted 12/15/2012 8:09:31 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
I gotta be honest. I feel sorry for those who lost their children. But I honestly feel nothing. I haven't been involved nor did I know anyone there. Life goes on . Of course if this happen at my schools then it would be a completely different story. But I must say we need a gun control law. it doesn't matter if it is "for your protection". There are many weapons in the house that don't kill but can knock out or scare away a crook. Take Zimmerman. He was this night watch guy. Had a gun. Thought guy was up to no good and shot him. He wasn't even insane or anything.

Why don't you move to the Congo and realize how important it is to be able to protect yourself from the military. If it were a policeman than went into the school and did the shootings, then what would your response be? Well clearly, no one can defend themselves against a policeman. Hey I know! Let's put more gun control laws. Oh wait... That didn't fix the issue. In fact it made it worse. So what if that teacher happened to be armed and shot the kid before he was able to kill anyone. Then instead of being a hero, he would be going to jail for life. Funny how even when you have the opportunity to defend yourself and others, then you still can't do so. Go get out of your closet. Let me guess, you're a kid who still attends grade school. In grade school they don't tell you what goes on in the real world. You need to open your eyes and grow up.
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a terrible disease, Beware!!!
#142NO2_FiendPosted 12/15/2012 8:19:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#143Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 8:57:47 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
"You're giving a great insight into your mind. I bet what you're saying is the same thing that was running through Adam's head. I wish something would get done about you people ahead of time, instead of after something tragic."

Couple questions to all you. How do you deal with overpopulation? If the population continues to grow and all the Earths resources disappear what then?

You can call those of us with a grip on reality crazy all you want but you'll never be able to answer the most obvious questions that arise from the overall problem. I already know how the human race ends... I don't need a psychic to tell me and I'm no prophet myself. It's common sense.

Balance is the key to life too much empathy and we destroy ourselves with overpopulation too little and we destroy ourselves with war and chaos. Some people need to die FACT and since we try to go against nature by curing anything and everything it throws at us it finds another way.

You can't beat nature you just can't.

That's why the death penalty needs to be used more, and why people die of natural causes. Children should not die. People like you however......
---
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick
#144Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 9:03:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#145IkasnuPosted 12/15/2012 9:09:56 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
nandshein posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
nandshein posted...
cronot31 posted...
The shooting didn't affect me, because I didn't know anyone involved.

It doesn't affect you AT ALL? Not even a tinge of sadness? Interesting.

It doesn't affect me even a little. It's Mericuhhh people die here every day.

I can understand saying that the event is sad and tragic but I'm still going to fire up my PS3 and play, but to say it has no effect at all? Wow.

I find the greater majority of the people on this Earth are useless so it is no concern of mine if they die. Hell I even have friends that went to Columbine when that shooting happened and yeah still not a single concern.

I find you very hypocritical. It's people like you that make me cringe at the thought of humanity. Actually no, not humanity, but people. I'm usually the person who laughs at specific tragedy that revolves around stupidity. The kid who killed himself over the death of an anime character, absolutely hilarious. The killing of children and teachers who did nothing wrong is a completely different situation.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.
#146IkasnuPosted 12/15/2012 9:19:23 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
"You're giving a great insight into your mind. I bet what you're saying is the same thing that was running through Adam's head. I wish something would get done about you people ahead of time, instead of after something tragic."

Couple questions to all you. How do you deal with overpopulation? If the population continues to grow and all the Earths resources disappear what then?

You can call those of us with a grip on reality crazy all you want but you'll never be able to answer the most obvious questions that arise from the overall problem. I already know how the human race ends... I don't need a psychic to tell me and I'm no prophet myself. It's common sense.

Balance is the key to life too much empathy and we destroy ourselves with overpopulation too little and we destroy ourselves with war and chaos. Some people need to die FACT and since we try to go against nature by curing anything and everything it throws at us it finds another way.

War resolves over population. Disease/Cancer/Illness resolves over population. As for the last bit, we will be long dead before that ever happens, so we don't have to worry. A situation like that probably wont arise for another 1,000 years.

I live my life and base it around logic and reasoning. I don't worship it, and never will, however I have more common sense than most people I encounter that are twice my age. Overpopulation isn't a problem. You don't know how it will end, but you will know that it WILL end, there's a difference, learn that.

Nobody NEEDS to die. Those that would be said otherwise should just be tortured for the remainder of their lives, death is too easy an escape. Anyway, would you rather live in a world where there was no sophistication and the life expectancy age was only 30 years? I wouldn't.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.
#147Ambies_BoyPosted 12/15/2012 9:42:58 PM
Ikasnu posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...

War resolves over population. Disease/Cancer/Illness resolves over population. As for the last bit, we will be long dead before that ever happens, so we don't have to worry. A situation like that probably wont arise for another 1,000 years.

I live my life and base it around logic and reasoning. I don't worship it, and never will, however I have more common sense than most people I encounter that are twice my age. Overpopulation isn't a problem. You don't know how it will end, but you will know that it WILL end, there's a difference, learn that.

Nobody NEEDS to die. Those that would be said otherwise should just be tortured for the remainder of their lives, death is too easy an escape. Anyway, would you rather live in a world where there was no sophistication and the life expectancy age was only 30 years? I wouldn't.

Hm, i'd like to change my statement about certain people that should die. Torture, is definitely a better idea.
---
I am not computer Savvy,don't expect me to know stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314 Idimmu88 can't push up on the right stick
#148megaman_zer0Posted 12/15/2012 9:54:28 PM
well then this topic took a weird turn all people need to learn the diference between Sociopathy and Apathy. you guys are forgetting that this guy was a human this is part of our nature and if you don't confront the fact that we all have the potential to do this we'll end up being no better than this guy. Hitler didn't do what he did because he was evil, and I'm not condoning what he did, but because he genuinely thought that the Jews we're evil. In his mind he was a Savior.
---
Then is used either as a time marker or with a sequence of events.
Than is not related to time. Than is used in comparative statements.
#149blackhawkinvaPosted 12/15/2012 11:08:21 PM
If i may add to this lively discussion no, black ops 2 has no connection with the shooting at a school, for one black ops 2 is based off of war and its a squad vs squad (MILITARY) what happened at the school wasnt a war situation there werent any squads against squads, it was one punk with guns going at it against children who have no knowledge about firearms or anything gun related, an example if this is one little girl described what she heard and she said it "sounded like hammers", so please people dont get it all twisted. As far as me playing the game yes ill keep playing it because at least I know fiction from non fiction and i look at black ops in a new light now, the enemy im trying to kill are the clones of the shooter and any other bad evil thas inflicted this country thinking they want to be tough asses and take their problems out on complete strangers. May the devil torture the punk in hells kitchen.
---
PS3 name : napalm_smoke
#150Golden MavenPosted 12/16/2012 12:34:52 AM
The U.S. really needs to have a serious look at their gun laws. A sick person snapped and had access to some serious firepower. Why the hell would a family even have an assault rifle? I know he only used the handguns, but it still makes me wonder.

Yeah I know, you Americans have the right to protect yourselves... I respect that, but at this point you should be asking yourselves if the right to bear arms is worth the risk. You just know there's more lunatics out there isolating themselves and nursing their anger, until the day they lose it and decide to take a few people with them. I don't believe the current culture of individualism and materialism is compatible with access to guns. There's just too many people isolating themselves and polluting their minds with TV, the Internet, video games, etc. Having guns everywhere is just asking for trouble.