Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#21cronot31Posted 12/14/2012 11:01:17 PM
Quote:cronot31 posted...
The shooting didn't affect me, because I didn't know anyone involved.

It doesn't affect you AT ALL? Not even a tinge of sadness? Interesting.
@nandshein

Nope.

Place two fingers on the inside of your wrist. Do you feel a pulse?

@nandshein

There is a pulse, it terrible that kids got murdered, but you don't see me sitting on a couch and crying my eyes out. People die every day, young and old. It's about time we get used to it.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#22NO2_FiendPosted 12/14/2012 11:04:29 PM
nandshein posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
nandshein posted...
cronot31 posted...

It doesn't affect me even a little. It's Mericuhhh people die here every day.

I can understand saying that the event is sad and tragic but I'm still going to fire up my PS3 and play, but to say it has no effect at all? Wow.

I find the greater majority of the people on this Earth are useless so it is no concern of mine if they die. Hell I even have friends that went to Columbine when that shooting happened and yeah still not a single concern.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#23nandshein(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 11:05:31 PM
cronot31 posted...

@nandshein

Nope.

@nandshein

There is a pulse, it terrible that kids got murdered, but you don't see me sitting on a couch and crying my eyes out. People die every day, young and old. It's about time we get used to it.

"It's terrible..." So it DOES affect you. I'm glad it affects you enough to at least say that. Hey...I'm I gun lover who believes in the 2nd amendment. I'm just saying it rubs me wrong to pull the trigger and kill people tonight even if it is pixels.
#24cronot31Posted 12/14/2012 11:07:53 PM

@nandshein

Nope.

@nandshein

"It's terrible..." So it DOES affect you. I'm glad it affects you enough to at least say that. Hey...I'm I gun lover who believes in the 2nd amendment. I'm just saying it rubs me wrong to pull the trigger and kill people tonight even if it is pixels.

@nandshein

I say that with no emotion at all.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#25VullgarPosted 12/14/2012 11:08:16 PM
Refusing to play a video game out of respect for the massacre today will do nothing for the families who suffered.
All you can do is not bring it up.
This topic is in bad taste.
---
The Composer
PSN: Vull_GAR
#26Megathorn22Posted 12/14/2012 11:16:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27nandshein(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 11:17:52 PM
Vullgar posted...
Refusing to play a video game out of respect for the massacre today will do nothing for the families who suffered.
All you can do is not bring it up.
This topic is in bad taste.

When did I say I was doing it for the families? Do you think one of them will miss seeing me online tonight? And bad taste!? LOL... How so? I'm sure they are also monitoring this forum closely. (Sarcasm)

It's simple. After a day of unthinkable real violence, I have chosen not to use pretend violence to entertain myself. Each to their own. I just thought that it was interesting that a real world event made me hesitate to play in a virtual environment.
#28greggreggreg2000Posted 12/14/2012 11:23:57 PM
Of course not, why would it?
---
"Everybody panic! It's just like the Titanic, but it's full of bears!"
#29IkasnuPosted 12/14/2012 11:44:05 PM
nandshein posted...
rave50000 posted...
People die in war so do people stop playing?

People die in war every day. Doesn't mean it isn't sad but kids in elementary classrooms don't get murdered in classrooms in civilized countries every day. You can't tell me it doesn't have an effect on anyone. You think anyone in Newtown is playing Black Ops tonight?

Forcing the killing of children because they weild a weapon is just so much more justified. TC did you plsy MW2?
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith.
Going on a Legend of Zelda rampage: First up, OoT.
#30DemonReacherPosted 12/14/2012 11:44:40 PM
After the Colorado shooting I didnt want to play shooter games or do massacres on GTA, the mindless killing and the huge loss of life wasnt something I really enjoyed.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp