Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#31Spetsnaz420Posted 12/14/2012 10:57:10 PM
Congrats TC you are one of the few people on the net who seems to remember their humanity...there is such a separation from reality on the net and gaming world and after awhile the line between fiction and reality because vague and distorted. These games become decidedly less fun thinking about the real suffering such actions cause. Don't let anyone take that from you TC.
---
I like asking if they are mad, then calling them my bro, when they clearly aren't.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#32VullgarPosted 12/14/2012 11:03:05 PM
Yeah TC, the topic is in bad taste.
This is a board for the game, not your personal struggle with the world.
While you may find it "interesting" that this real world event affected you so deeply, it doesn't detract from the fact that bringing it up here is in bad taste.
(paraphrasing) Oh yeah I didn't want to play this game because it reminded me too much of the horrible tragedy that occurred earlier today. What do you all have to say about that, huh?
That's just disrespectful.
Your topic is bad, and you should feel bad.
---
The Composer
PSN: Vull_GAR
#33VIIVincentPosted 12/14/2012 11:18:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34freakcanPosted 12/14/2012 11:31:38 PM
I never heard about the shooting until I clicked on this topic.
---
Currently playing: Dead Rising 2, LBP
On queue: Ar Tonelico Qoga, Disgaea 4, Atelier Totori
#35VegantoKeensPosted 12/14/2012 11:32:45 PM
Look TC, we sit around playing video games in our comfortable lives, while the less fortunate die and suffer every day. We all condone this world where happiness is only for a small group, so we shouldn't have the audacity to act like we care now. No dead child or any of its relatives is going to be helped by you procrastinating this game for a day or two.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake SS FC = 2194 1693 8198
#36DemonReacherPosted 12/14/2012 11:55:22 PM
Geez its not like he is trying to make a difference or help anyone, he is just curious to know if anyone else was affected by this event to the point where they couldn't play shooters. Now for me Black Ops isnt the kind of game I would put off, however if I were playing GTA I wouldnt go on a killing streak because its too closely associated with the killings.

And please stop talking about how people die every day, we get that. But its the nature of these deaths that is so tragic. Any one of us has the poewr to do what this guy did, he did something truely evil. Also the fact its children is just horrible, its a time of your life when you think you are safe, where the world is much more magical.

Now this shooting didnt really effect me as much because I guess you just get used to reading about it, after the colorado shooting which was so recent im used to how screwed up mankind actually is.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#37Badwolf111Posted 12/14/2012 11:58:06 PM
I played to get my mind off of it because it depressed me, than i got my S12 gold and mastered and forgot about it. People die everyday, and school shootings keep coming up, i'm starting to stop care because it's just becoming more common and so long as the people who do these crimes are killed or jailed, i care less. It's just how i am.
---
Join Operation Valkyrie Today! Just send me an invite!
PSN: Badwolf111
#38proudgkPosted 12/15/2012 12:06:01 AM
NO2_Fiend posted...
I find the greater majority of the people on this Earth are useless so it is no concern of mine if they die.

It's just thinning out the herd.

DemonReacher posted...
Geez its not like he is trying to make a difference or help anyone, he is just curious to know if anyone else was affected by this event to the point where they couldn't play shooters.

And then raising his eyebrows when people don't share his sentiment.
#39Asylum_71Posted 12/15/2012 12:06:54 AM
But its the nature of these deaths that is so tragic.

Obama had drones sent out that killed at least 174 children in schools, at weddings, etc. Why should we weep and be distracted any more now than then?

lololpolitics
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#40Maelstrom12Posted 12/15/2012 12:13:49 AM
Hypocrite TC much
---
"You were almost a Jill sandwich!" Barry Burton,Resident evil