Does the school shooting keep you from playing?

#41THEMARKOFCAINPosted 12/15/2012 12:32:12 AM
The shooting didn't affect me, because I didn't know anyone involved.

this. this right here is why I have lost a lot of faith in younger generations. the "gimme gimme" generation. It's all about you and you only. like you said, if it doesn't affect you directly, you don't care. Who cares about the holocaust, genocide, evil dictators, racism, poverty, cancer, etc. As long as mommy and daddy pay all your bills, and let you sit in the basement playing your stupid games then everything is just fine. Someday there's gonna be a knock on your door. It's gonna be reality looking to collect the rent on you.
---
PSN: memory_is_misery
#42Jinxey86Posted 12/15/2012 12:39:24 AM
I honestly don't play Black ops 2, but seen this topic on the front page, but for the shooters I do play, it doesn't make me wanna play them for a few days thinking of how depressing that was with all those poor little kids.
#43DemonReacherPosted 12/15/2012 12:40:25 AM
Asylum_71 posted...
But its the nature of these deaths that is so tragic.

Obama had drones sent out that killed at least 174 children in schools, at weddings, etc. Why should we weep and be distracted any more now than then?

lololpolitics

Never said we should care even more now. That event is also pretty damn tragic.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#44GeomagnusPosted 12/15/2012 12:41:24 AM
Jinxey86 posted...
I honestly don't play Black ops 2, but seen this topic on the front page, but for the shooters I do play, it doesn't make me wanna play them for a few days thinking of how depressing that was with all those poor little kids.

The only gun I'd feel like picking up would be the one that turns the shooter's body into a paste, or a red mist. Nobody, especially children, deserve to die like that. ESPECIALLY around the freaking holidays.
#45LousStevensPosted 12/15/2012 1:50:41 AM
Geomagnus posted...
The only gun I'd feel like picking up would be the one that turns the shooter's body into a paste, or a red mist. Nobody, especially children, deserve to die like that. ESPECIALLY around the freaking holidays.

This game is pretty much the main reason this whole disaster happened.
---
Death is never the answer. Life is. - Galioth
#46Sl3pniirPosted 12/15/2012 2:06:13 AM
Nope. Why should it? Twas a tragedy from an observational standpoint but I can't bring myself to give a flying fig about it. Maybe if some people I knew had died I'd feel a tinge of something.
---
PSN: TheNozzle
Emrii: The only thing opposing UAVs see is my rocket flying at it....
#47DemonReacherPosted 12/15/2012 2:24:23 AM
He was joking, no one would really think that BO2 was responsible.

Its a bit disturbing that you feel nothing though, I guess its where you put your mind. Some people vividly imagine the scenario and all the pain the children and parents feel, the psychological state the gu was in when he did it, why he did it, I mean he killed his own mum its messed up stuff. I guess others just look at the numbers and stats and dont really care. Its a bit worrying tbh but none of my business.
---
#48Zed7777ZR1Posted 12/15/2012 2:25:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49Souleater_GrimPosted 12/15/2012 3:03:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#50DemonReacherPosted 12/15/2012 3:22:16 AM
yeah stop making assumptions about the TC and getting all pissy at him, he never implied he felt superior than anyone else, and isnt looking down on those who do the game. He isnt trying to help anyone by not playing, he simply feels turned off the game at this point in time for feeling a human emotion for such a tragic event.

Those who didnt make the same connection probably shouldnt have posted in this topic. Instead we get people asking him to be skinned alive or whatever that was...
---