Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#141jadakiss88Posted 12/17/2012 2:32:13 PM
copycat2008 posted...
its not bad parenting, she is a good woman she's a teacher, she just happen to have a mentally ill child. her biggest mistake was her hobby of guns, and guns inside her house with a mentally ill child doesnt go well together.

how many school shootings has occured this year? and every one of those guns belongs to thier parents the same parent who says he is responsible gun owner. Yes you are but your kids arent, and we dont know when you would snap and reach for a gun.

Banned all civilian guns, this should reduce the percentage of gun shootings. unless you have a better idea then shut up......

Go Look a Chicago, NY, and DC then look at the Top 10 States for Murders and then tell me who needs to shut up...
---
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off
#142orphanjohnPosted 12/17/2012 2:40:44 PM
copycat2008 posted...
its not bad parenting, she is a good woman she's a teacher, she just happen to have a mentally ill child. her biggest mistake was her hobby of guns, and guns inside her house with a mentally ill child doesnt go well together.

how many school shootings has occured this year? and every one of those guns belongs to thier parents the same parent who says he is responsible gun owner. Yes you are but your kids arent, and we dont know when you would snap and reach for a gun.

Banned all civilian guns, this should reduce the percentage of gun shootings. unless you have a better idea then shut up......

I've been hunting with my family and friends for years. So because of these jackasses we should all be punished?
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#143WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 2:46:32 PM
I'm a die hard Mortal Kombat fan (played since I was 3, now I'm 18) and I'm not violent by any means. The things people make up. And the "studies" they formulate.

You mean...you haven't once felt the slightest urge to reach a hand inside someone's chest cavity and rip their still-beating heart out in one swoop? <_< Not once? At all?
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#144LodissPosted 12/17/2012 2:46:38 PM
Soul Reaver4 posted...
Lodiss posted...
DarthVashti posted...
_decitron posted...
DarthVashti posted...
Blaming anybody or anything other than the person who pulled the trigger is a very cowardly thing to do. Violent movies/video games didn't make the murderer kill 26 people. He chose to kill 26 people on his own. Violence and movies/video games is a correlation not a causation.

or it isn't the single cause because there is no single cause, but it could very well be a relevant contributing factor. also, merely saying "Violent movies/video games didn't make the murderer kill 26 people" and offering no substance for it does nothing for your argument.

And if you are willing to lay blame on anything other than the murderer than you are a coward. He chose to kill those people. He is to blame. Unfortunately in today's society nothing is ever your fault.

Widening the scope of responsibility does not diminish anyone's guilt in a criminal case.

For example. Let's say he was a suicide bomber instead of a lone gunman. Now, he didn't create the suicide vest. Someone else put it together for him. Would you deny the bomb-maker's culpability in the crime?

Of course you wouldn't. But when the gun companies sell 312 million guns to 300 million Americans, they bear no responsibility for the 10,000+ deaths per year from gun violence that results?

When there are billions of dollars in gun sales at stake, morality goes out the window.

This is like saying fast food companies should be responsible for all of the people who get fat and get diabetes from eating their food. Self control is a really hard concept to understand.

No it IS NOT, because you cannot throw fast food at someone and make that person fat.
---
You were indicted.
#145jeremiah45556Posted 12/17/2012 2:50:53 PM
iv been playing shooting games for as long as i can remember. i have never ever thought about shooting a gun.
---
PSN: jeremiah45678
"Not cool man! scary, but not cool!"-Blu from the movie RIO
#146Cruzader23Posted 12/17/2012 2:51:01 PM
Some guy in China stabbed 22 people this weekend. He had probably never played violent video games because they say he was very poor. He also obviously used a knife.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. NOT GUNS, NOT VIDEO GAMES, BUT PEOPLE.
---
Hope is what makes us strong.
It is what we fight with when all else is lost.
#147WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 2:51:51 PM
Its bad Parenting... .Parents need to learn to teach their kids that all this violent stuff in games is just that......GAMES. I dont dare let my kids place super violent things.. And if they do or they are watching me.. I have to sit them down and let them know that its fake and you cant do it in real life.

They need to stop blaming games and sit and look at themselves.

Almost forgot to post that I 100% agree with that as well. I grew up on Mortal Kombat on the SNES, but I knew that everything there was just a game because of my family + my own common sense and knowledge at the time. Hell, because of how fantastical some of the games' settings were like MK or Killer Instinct (Another childhood favorite of mine), I already knew that a lot of the things they do were impossible. If a kid grows up believing that their game or chosen form of media is 100% real, then it's a sign of parenting being sub-par.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#148jeremiah45556Posted 12/17/2012 2:53:55 PM
Cruzader23 posted...
Some guy in China stabbed 22 people this weekend. He had probably never played violent video games because they say he was very poor. He also obviously used a knife.

THIS
---
PSN: jeremiah45678
"Not cool man! scary, but not cool!"-Blu from the movie RIO
#149WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 2:53:59 PM

There are knives in CoD, man. He was clearly inspired by OnlyUseMeBlade. <_< >_> Obviously.

/sarcasm

That said, there were no deaths, but yeah. The man was clearly unhinged when he did that regardless. A gun potentially makes the situation worse, but it shows that if someone CAN do it, and WANTS to do it they will.
---
#150Cruzader23Posted 12/17/2012 2:56:43 PM
WingedRegent posted...

There are knives in CoD, man. He was clearly inspired by OnlyUseMeBlade. <_< >_> Obviously.

/sarcasm

That said, there were no deaths, but yeah. The man was clearly unhinged when he did that regardless. A gun potentially makes the situation worse, but it shows that if someone CAN do it, and WANTS to do it they will.

Exactly.
---
Hope is what makes us strong.
It is what we fight with when all else is lost.