Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#151_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 3:59:03 PM
copycat2008 posted...
its not bad parenting, she is a good woman she's a teacher, she just happen to have a mentally ill child. her biggest mistake was her hobby of guns, and guns inside her house with a mentally ill child doesnt go well together.

how many school shootings has occured this year? and every one of those guns belongs to thier parents the same parent who says he is responsible gun owner. Yes you are but your kids arent, and we dont know when you would snap and reach for a gun.

Banned all civilian guns, this should reduce the percentage of gun shootings. unless you have a better idea then shut up......

how about requiring gun owners to own a gun safe?
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#152_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 3:59:51 PM
Cruzader23 posted...
Some guy in China stabbed 22 people this weekend. He had probably never played violent video games because they say he was very poor. He also obviously used a knife.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. NOT GUNS, NOT VIDEO GAMES, BUT PEOPLE.

no one said video games were the only things that cause aggressive behavior.
---
#153_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 4:00:22 PM
jeremiah45556 posted...
iv been playing shooting games for as long as i can remember. i have never ever thought about shooting a gun.

anecdotal fallacy
---
#154Cruzader23Posted 12/17/2012 4:04:11 PM(edited)
_decitron posted...
Cruzader23 posted...
Some guy in China stabbed 22 people this weekend. He had probably never played violent video games because they say he was very poor. He also obviously used a knife.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. NOT GUNS, NOT VIDEO GAMES, BUT PEOPLE.

no one said video games were the only things that cause aggressive behavior.

You should actually read the topic title and the first post before posting next time. Fox is saying video games are the cause of violent kids these days. Also, people are blaming guns.
---
Hope is what makes us strong.
It is what we fight with when all else is lost.
#155WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 4:05:31 PM(edited)
copycat2008 posted...
its not bad parenting, she is a good woman she's a teacher, she just happen to have a mentally ill child. her biggest mistake was her hobby of guns, and guns inside her house with a mentally ill child doesnt go well together.

how many school shootings has occured this year? and every one of those guns belongs to thier parents the same parent who says he is responsible gun owner. Yes you are but your kids arent, and we dont know when you would snap and reach for a gun.

Banned all civilian guns, this should reduce the percentage of gun shootings. unless you have a better idea then shut up......

^This + Psychological Evaluation for gun owners + better security in the schools would help, actually. It still goes back to bad parenting as she left her mentally ill child within arms reach of her guns. It's just another part of bad parenting, but we were merely refuting the Fox News "OMG IT'S GAMES!" fault. This just opens up a whole other section of Fox News being a joke in the field of "journalism".

Banning all guns is too little too late most likely, and a bit extreme in the long run. Some control needs to be in place of some kind, but not an outright ban. I don't think anyway.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#156Cruzader23Posted 12/17/2012 4:06:01 PM
WingedRegent posted...

+better security in the schools would help

Actually, the school had just gotten a new security system that requires you to be buzzed in after school starts. Apparently someone just buzzed him in.
---
#157DarkGam3rPosted 12/17/2012 4:09:28 PM
WingedRegent posted...
copycat2008 posted...

^This + Psychological Evaluation for gun owners + better security in the schools would help, actually. It still goes back to bad parenting as she left her mentally ill child within arms reach of her guns. It's just another part of bad parenting, but we were merely refuting the Fox News "OMG IT'S GAMES!" fault.

We as humans hate being blamed for incidents in our life, therefore we point fingers at the most convenient object nearby. For example:
-Lag (true or not, you get mad)
-Faulty Controls (Even though they're just fine for others)
-The thing on the ground you trip on.
---
"I'm no hero."
#158LodissPosted 12/17/2012 4:09:45 PM
There were no deaths in the Chinese mass stabbing, and only seven of the people he stabbed were hospitalized.

This story is supposed to be an argument against gun control? It just makes me think how much worse his crime would have been if he DID have a gun.

Then again I'm not trying to rationalize an insane free-for-all gun policy like you people are.
---
You were indicted.
#159Aegis_RunestonePosted 12/17/2012 4:13:00 PM(edited)
This is ridiculous because it's a low sample of the population of gamers. REALLY low. We have a few possible gamers kill people because they played this game? Actually, it's more likely that had some problems in their lives.

I play Assassin's Creed, yet I'm very religious and spiritual. Why? Because that was my upbringing. My parents were very good to me! Also, I know the guards in AC are virtual characters. They don't have any real families or lives. However, I'm not going to go murder other people with a hidden blade just because I played AC. People in real life have families, goals, lives, passions, emotions, and (according to my church) are children of God; I'm not going to kill them just because I played Assassin's Creed.

Now, I'm not saying these killers' parents were not good to them, but... when people kill because they played a video game, there are other factors involved, no matter how violent the game is.
---
MPH DS Friend Code: 1979 6751 9174
Huge Final Fantasy IV fan! Played all versions of FF4 (except PSP) since 1992.
#160Cruzader23Posted 12/17/2012 4:11:51 PM
Lodiss posted...
There were no deaths in the Chinese mass stabbing, and only seven of the people he stabbed were hospitalized.

This story is supposed to be an argument against gun control? It just makes me think how much worse his crime would have been if he DID have a gun.

Then again I'm not trying to rationalize an insane free-for-all gun policy like you people are.

Still doesn't change the fact that people will harm people if they really want to. Gun control can't stop that. Banning violent video games can't stop that. The only way to 100% stop it would be to kill all humans.
---