Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#161WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 3:13:02 PM
WingedRegent posted...

+better security in the schools would help

Actually, the school had just gotten a new security system that requires you to be buzzed in after school starts. Apparently someone just buzzed him in.

Aaah. I see. The unfortunate thing seems to be that, since he was the son of one of the teacher's, he was "trusted" to kinda just come in and out, I suppose.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#162WingedRegentPosted 12/17/2012 3:13:30 PM
WingedRegent posted...
copycat2008 posted...
its not bad parenting, she is a good woman she's a teacher, she just happen to have a mentally ill child. her biggest mistake was her hobby of guns, and guns inside her house with a mentally ill child doesnt go well together.

how many school shootings has occured this year? and every one of those guns belongs to thier parents the same parent who says he is responsible gun owner. Yes you are but your kids arent, and we dont know when you would snap and reach for a gun.

Banned all civilian guns, this should reduce the percentage of gun shootings. unless you have a better idea then shut up......

how about requiring gun owners to own a gun safe?

^This + Psychological Evaluation for gun owners + better security in the schools would help, actually. It still goes back to bad parenting as she left her mentally ill child within arms reach of her guns. It's just another part of bad parenting, but we were merely refuting the Fox News "OMG IT'S GAMES!" fault.

We as humans hate being blamed for incidents in our life, therefore we point fingers at the most convenient object nearby. For example:
-Lag (true or not, you get mad)
-Faulty Controls (Even though they're just fine for others)
-The thing on the ground you trip on.

Eeeh. Point made I suppose. <_< >_>
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#163SlyCooper23Posted 12/17/2012 3:26:13 PM
Grew up on Mortal kombat, resident evil and metal gear solid. I feel killing is never right, sometimes it must be done. And i'm completely sane. Learned plenty of life lessons from the people of the metal gear solid universe (yeah, nerd, geek whatever. I learned life lessons from Solid Snake and Big boss that I carry with me every day). I feel video games have made me a better person, oh wait, fox logic: There's obviously nothing in video games that made me a better person, it must have been school and blahblah. But anytime i'm upset over anything, I'm taken over by the urge to shoot a school because I played a video game. End fox logic/
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#164CBratePosted 12/17/2012 3:32:12 PM
Why bother calling it news when it's clearly a video shock jock.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#165LodissPosted 12/17/2012 3:33:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#166HappyScrappy010Posted 12/17/2012 3:55:23 PM
I love Fox News! When someone I'm talking to starts quoting them, I know pretty quickly the type of person I'm dealing with.

Also, you can replace Fox with; The O'Reilly Factor, Larry King Live, CNN, The Jim Rome Show, etc. etc.
---
SlapHappy010 on PSN, XBL, and Steam
#167K4R_Nirvana41Posted 12/17/2012 4:38:22 PM
Remember when that kid killed his parents cause they took away his xbox and halo
---
PSN: IvanMaldo. TeamVvG Captain, www.TeamVvG.tk, Lol @ You
#168EvilZ123456Posted 12/17/2012 4:46:49 PM
Remember when that kid killed his parents cause they took away his xbox and halo

that wouldn't of happened if had a ps3 >:o
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)
#169DarkSoldierX99Posted 12/17/2012 5:03:29 PM
Ok seriously I don't understand this whole let's make guns illegal mentality. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean people aren't going to have access to it. Look at prohibition in the early 20th century. Hell look at weed now. Weed is still illegal in this country for recreational use, yet an average 1 in 4 people smoke it. So please tell me how making firearms illegal will stop anybody from getting one other than the people who legitimately want to defend their loved ones and property. Honestly if you want to commit a crime with a gun you're not going to use 1that has your name attached to the serial number you're going to use 1 where the serial number is filed off.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#170angrymobjusticePosted 12/17/2012 5:12:49 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Honestly if you want to commit a crime with a gun you're not going to use 1that has your name attached to the serial number you're going to use 1 where the serial number is filed off.

Exactly. I dont think most people realize criminals and thugs are using unregistered fire arms. Gun laws will only take the guns away from the people using them to protect their families and homes, not the criminals.