Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#171vashtrichamPosted 12/17/2012 6:19:49 PM
Quote:DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Honestly if you want to commit a crime with a gun you're not going to use 1that has your name attached to the serial number you're going to use 1 where the serial number is filed off.

Exactly. I dont think most people realize criminals and thugs are using unregistered fire arms. Gun laws will only take the guns away from the people using them to protect their families and homes, not the criminals.

@angrymobjustice
Yup I could get a filed down handgun in high school before I could ever get one legally. People are ignorant on how available they are
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#172_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 6:38:56 PM
Cruzader23 posted...
_decitron posted...
Cruzader23 posted...
Some guy in China stabbed 22 people this weekend. He had probably never played violent video games because they say he was very poor. He also obviously used a knife.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. NOT GUNS, NOT VIDEO GAMES, BUT PEOPLE.

no one said video games were the only things that cause aggressive behavior.

You should actually read the topic title and the first post before posting next time. Fox is saying video games are the cause of violent kids these days. Also, people are blaming guns.

i did and nothing about the title or TC's description implies that Fox News sought to convey video games as the only influence that causes violent behavior. furthermore, its common sense that there are other factors that can cause aggressive behavior. maybe you should read a little more carefully and actually use your brain before attacking me. now im just embarrassed for you
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#173_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 6:42:26 PM
SlyCooper23 posted...
Grew up on Mortal kombat, resident evil and metal gear solid. I feel killing is never right, sometimes it must be done. And i'm completely sane. Learned plenty of life lessons from the people of the metal gear solid universe (yeah, nerd, geek whatever. I learned life lessons from Solid Snake and Big boss that I carry with me every day). I feel video games have made me a better person, oh wait, fox logic: There's obviously nothing in video games that made me a better person, it must have been school and blahblah. But anytime i'm upset over anything, I'm taken over by the urge to shoot a school because I played a video game. End fox logic/

its funny that you call fox out for bad logic and then replace it with your equally poor logic. your anecdote isn't evidence.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#174TeknoOdinPosted 12/17/2012 7:57:02 PM
sorry but from what bbc news in the uk said... the shooter was trained to use a gun by his mother who was one of those end of the world preppers
---
pokemon black friend code : 4641 9926 8931
psn TeknoOdin
#175SilentXwingPosted 12/17/2012 8:00:46 PM
Looks like there "studying" is not correct.
---
PSN ID Name: Dark_Striker1229
#176Mr_GreenXPosted 12/17/2012 8:13:45 PM
Soon all those jerks in office and on the news will be to old. And the new people in office and on the news will have grown up playing violent videogames. The only reason Old people say things like videogames train people to be killers is because they're ignorant. Just becuase they find an Xbox or PS3 in a killers home they assume that's why he did it.
#177Watcher78Posted 12/17/2012 9:00:41 PM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Honestly if you want to commit a crime with a gun you're not going to use 1that has your name attached to the serial number you're going to use 1 where the serial number is filed off.

Exactly. I dont think most people realize criminals and thugs are using unregistered fire arms. Gun laws will only take the guns away from the people using them to protect their families and homes, not the criminals.

@angrymobjustice
Yup I could get a filed down handgun in high school before I could ever get one legally. People are ignorant on how available they are

Yes, hardcore criminals can easily get unregistered guns but when was the last time one or them went on a mindless rampage in a school? For the most part, they use them on each other or on individual victims for common reasons. Also, weren't all the guns used in Sandy brook, Araura & Virginia legaly obtained?
The second amendment was created in a time when America was still vulnerable to foreign attack & the federal govenment was not in a possition to enforce the law as well as today & I think the spirit in wich it was intended has been grossly abused. It's all well & good to say "I need my gun for self protection or to hunt" fair enough. But why does 1 person need a whole arsenal? A hunting rifle or shotgun & 1 hand gun should be more than enough to deter your average burglar or mugger. I heard of a guy in Nevada who has a vulcan cannon. In what possible self deffence scenario could that become usefull?
---
---
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
#178Sl3pniirPosted 12/17/2012 9:15:53 PM
Brilliant we should also outlaw meth and prostitution to keep it off the streets.... wait a minute...
---
PSN: TheNozzle
Emrii: The only thing opposing UAVs see is my rocket flying at it....