Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#31JonicitePosted 12/17/2012 8:16:31 AM
SniperFrog posted...
Virauge posted...
Fox would never use bad information or skew information to fit it to their beliefs.

/sarcasm

Fox isn't real news, they don't report on factual information and when they have factual information they modify it to fit their perspective. They organize and advertise anti-government protests. They were even denied a turn during the presidential campaigns in a round robin interview with Obama. The Obama administration told them it was only for credible reporters and stations.

Obama administration told them it was only for credible reporters and stations

Please.. the Obama administration refuses to speak with credible reporters. Only their cheerleaders.

Oh god.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail CoD Clan: ?
---
#32MrSpaM111Posted 12/17/2012 8:19:54 AM
Happens every time a tragedy happens, you'll notice it is always the same people who start it every time as well.

I mean the stuff thatís happened in the USA over the weekend is horrendous, but they seriously need to stop trying to blame video games for stuff like this happening.

I dunno if people will remember this, but there was a time when people though Dungeons and Dragons was evil and killing our children too, and Pokemon. They just pick whatever is popular at the time and try to pin the blame on it.
#33Icy_the_penguinPosted 12/17/2012 8:19:59 AM
_decitron posted...
Violent video games and other violent media have been linked to increased aggression.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022103112002259
http://ithp.org/articles/violentvideogames.html
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2011/06/Gruel_brief.pdf

So have increased taxes, getting robbed, the news media, traffic, and even family. People have been aggressive for far longer than there have been violent media. The difference is society has decided that violence is bad as opposed to several centuries ago where torture was required before a trial.
#34_Deadeye_CM_Posted 12/17/2012 8:20:57 AM
SniperFrog posted...
Fox is no worse than the other cable news channels. msnbc is horrible they dont even try to hide how far to the left they are. cnn is biased to the left. fox is to the right. They all play up and embelish stories to get ratings. So I have no more issue with a person saying they watch fox than cnn. though if you watch msnbc you were probably dropped on your head as a baby.

That being said I disagree that video games train kids to do anything. I think kids are more motivated by violent movies than anything but at the same time if your a crazy person it doesn't take any motivation. The person was just mentally ill or evil, people have to blame things when we dont understand random acts of evil.

Except for the fact that you can't watch Fox News as news because they aren't. They're "entertainment". So, yes, while MSNBC has a few liberal pundits, they still report on facts and have to stay within the confines of reality, whereas Fox News can and does say whatever it wants. But based on your other reply in this topic, it's obvious that you hate Obama and liberals, so I'm not going to expect a serious reply.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#35SniperFrogPosted 12/17/2012 8:25:09 AM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
SniperFrog posted...
Fox is no worse than the other cable news channels. msnbc is horrible they dont even try to hide how far to the left they are. cnn is biased to the left. fox is to the right. They all play up and embelish stories to get ratings. So I have no more issue with a person saying they watch fox than cnn. though if you watch msnbc you were probably dropped on your head as a baby.

That being said I disagree that video games train kids to do anything. I think kids are more motivated by violent movies than anything but at the same time if your a crazy person it doesn't take any motivation. The person was just mentally ill or evil, people have to blame things when we dont understand random acts of evil.

Except for the fact that you can't watch Fox News as news because they aren't. They're "entertainment". So, yes, while MSNBC has a few liberal pundits, they still report on facts and have to stay within the confines of reality, whereas Fox News can and does say whatever it wants. But based on your other reply in this topic, it's obvious that you hate Obama and liberals, so I'm not going to expect a serious reply.
---

Thats a joke right? Have you ever watched MSNBC? And yes I dont support Obama, no I dont hate liberals. But if you honestly can say MSNBC reports within any confines of reality you are probably not living in it.
#36Zen_ZarabPosted 12/17/2012 8:26:59 AM
That's why I play board games. If I have the urge to kill someone. I can just strangle the person next to me.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
#37JonicitePosted 12/17/2012 8:27:43 AM
SniperFrog posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
SniperFrog posted...

---

Thats a joke right? Have you ever watched MSNBC? And yes I dont support Obama, no I dont hate liberals. But if you honestly can say MSNBC reports within any confines of reality you are probably not living in it.

MSNBC and CNN are both fine news sources. They may spin news differently, but Fox fabricates the news. They report fiction, like a hateful Onion. Besides, the best news in the entire country comes from NPR. Liberal? Maybe. Factual? 100%.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail CoD Clan: ?
---
#38_Deadeye_CM_Posted 12/17/2012 8:30:26 AM
SniperFrog posted...

Facts are facts. MSNBC is news, Fox News is the equivalent of Pokemon. It's not my fault if you don't agree with their "agenda", but they are journalists, and that's that.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#39SniperFrogPosted 12/17/2012 8:34:40 AM(edited)
Jonicite posted...
SniperFrog posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
SniperFrog posted...

---

MSNBC and CNN are both fine news sources. They may spin news differently, but Fox fabricates the news. They report fiction, like a hateful Onion. Besides, the best news in the entire country comes from NPR. Liberal? Maybe. Factual? 100%.

I respect your opinion but I think you are way off. I view MSNBC as so bad its pretty much a comedy network. But I know I'm not going to change your mind on a video game message board.

The truth has no agenda. And to say they dont have one is just not true.
#40Nux-vomicaPosted 12/17/2012 8:34:18 AM
hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaaaa....

Fox...

Bwahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaa....