Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#41MotoidarPosted 12/17/2012 8:36:06 AM
Saying MSNBC is news and Fox News isn't = total loss of credibility
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | X-fi XtremeGamer 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
#42JonicitePosted 12/17/2012 8:40:00 AM
Motoidar posted...
Saying MSNBC is news and Fox News isn't = total loss of credibility

I think that statement loses credibility. You may not agree with the evil liberal agenda, but Fox News is hogwash at best. It's fiction masquerading as truth, but it's doing a poor job of it. Again, TV news is garbage, listen to NPR.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail CoD Clan: ?
---
#43Watcher78Posted 12/17/2012 8:49:18 AM
I'm not to familiar with fox as I live in England but if my assumption is correct that they are part of 20th century fox, then they have produced many many violent films over the years.
Also, did they happen to mention that Lanza was autistic & being treated for scitsophrenia?
---
---
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
#44_decitronPosted 12/17/2012 8:49:45 AM
Icy_the_penguin posted...
_decitron posted...
Violent video games and other violent media have been linked to increased aggression.

So have increased taxes, getting robbed, the news media, traffic, and even family. People have been aggressive for far longer than there have been violent media. The difference is society has decided that violence is bad as opposed to several centuries ago where torture was required before a trial.

are you treating cultural movement away from torture before trials and public executions as arbitrary cultural moors? i'd argue that it is moral progress as a result of philosophical enlightenment.

i never said violent media was the only thing that increases aggression. an assertion like that is as ridiculous as pretending violent media has no effect. look, its stupid for news reporters or anyone else to lay blame for shootings on video games solely on video games. these individuals are profoundly disturbed and there are several reasons for it. HOWEVER, the reaction from gamers to pretend that games don't increase aggression also doesn't follow academic research.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/439/mw3kids.jpg
#45wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/17/2012 8:51:47 AM
it was funny when shepard smith acted all sanctimonious when that guy shot himself during their coverage. he probably got an erection from it.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#46Def_S0ulPosted 12/17/2012 8:53:06 AM
They should've asked Jack Thompson for his opinion =p.
#47UmJammerEriPosted 12/17/2012 8:56:38 AM
the_grey_bush posted...
and before video games it was rap music, violent movies and that darn elvis swinging his hips. people need a scapegoat to rationalize irrational behavior.

Very logical post. Happy this was said.
---
My Guitar Is In My Mind!
#48LodissPosted 12/17/2012 9:18:16 AM
Some have said that Fox News is right wing propaganda run by Roger Ailes, the man behind the Willie Horton ads and the successor to Lee Atwater.

Wait... Who said that?

I did. Just now.
---
You were indicted.
#49EagleEyedTigerPosted 12/17/2012 9:20:46 AM
Notice they never blame TV and the fact that they will report all the violent details of a story for 24 hours a day. Maybe the shooters get the idea to do something like this from all the attention that is given to it from television.
---
GT/PSN:BigKhoJones
It ain't easy being white.
#50Holoogamooga_Posted 12/17/2012 9:30:04 AM
They said the same thing about Virginia Tech. You know what the guy's favorite game was? Sonic the freakin' Hedgehog. He wasn't a gamer; he was an author and a playwright, and his literature was pretty dark.

Games have an influence, but no more so than literature, movies, TV, or any other media. People need to let it go.