Fox Saying Violent Video Games Training Kids to Kill (About Newtown Incident)

#71ClericIdolaPosted 12/17/2012 11:22:55 AM
OK.. considering that most of these violent games are rated M and require someone at least 17+ years of age (or typically a parental guardian) to purchase............

See where I'm going here?
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."
#72poppen695Posted 12/17/2012 11:24:21 AM
davidjaffefixit posted...
Lodiss posted...
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...
Let's talk about banning music that mentions gun violence.

Let's talk about banning games that feature gun violence.

Let's talk about banning movies that show gun violence.

But we can never talk about banning guns. Nope. My right to own a gun supersedes your right to not get shot. Sorry, we need our guns because the world is a scary place where people get shot all the time.

You can talk about banning guns all you want...but heaven help you if come and try to take mine from me.

I get it. You'll shoot me if I try to come into your house and take your gun.

But let me ask you this- would you shoot a cop who was trying to disarm you? How about a National Guardsman? What if I were a congressman talking about banning guns, giving a speech on a street corner? Would you shoot me then?

lol don't go to his house uninvited

You would be welcome in my house, as long as you didn't come with the intention of taking my basic human rights and trying to turn me into a passive slave of the government...in other words, trying to force me, a law abiding gun owner, hunter, and marksman, to give over my guns to you because somehow this is going to make criminals stop using them. Then we would have a major problem...otherwise, you would be right at home.
#73LodissPosted 12/17/2012 11:25:59 AM
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...

But we can never talk about banning guns. Nope. My right to own a gun supersedes your right to not get shot. Sorry, we need our guns because the world is a scary place where people get shot all the time.

You can talk about banning guns all you want...but heaven help you if come and try to take mine from me.

But let me ask you this- would you shoot a cop who was trying to disarm you? How about a National Guardsman? What if I were a congressman talking about banning guns, giving a speech on a street corner? Would you shoot me then?

I would never do anything criminal to cause a cop to need to disarm me. Stupid argument. I would not shoot at you for talking about it, but I would if you came into my home to take my guns...I would do it without a shred of remorse in my heart, because you would deserve it.

Aaaaaaaaaaand what if the cop disagreed?

What if it were a giant misunderstanding?

CUZ YOU KNOW, THAT NEVER HAPPENS.
---
You were indicted.
#74poppen695Posted 12/17/2012 11:29:19 AM
Lodiss posted...
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...

I would never do anything criminal to cause a cop to need to disarm me. Stupid argument. I would not shoot at you for talking about it, but I would if you came into my home to take my guns...I would do it without a shred of remorse in my heart, because you would deserve it.

Aaaaaaaaaaand what if the cop disagreed?

What if it were a giant misunderstanding?

CUZ YOU KNOW, THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

I would never put myself in that situation. I'm not a criminal. Again, stupid argument on your part. However, send a government employee to my house and have him tell me "we are here to take all your guns because there is a new law saying you can't have them" and yes...someone will get shot that day.
#75Shadowstar108Posted 12/17/2012 11:30:39 AM
Glenn Beck said the exact same thing when GTA IV came out. He had an hour news special about it, and guess who was on it? Jack Thompson.

This is nothing new, and it will continue to happen for as long as video games exist. If video games didn't exist, news stations would probably blame The Expendables 2 or The Hobbit. It's all a scapegoat tactic to tap into the fears of uninformed parents and viewers to increase ratings.

Look at us right now. Because they said it, we're now talking about it, and we're probably likely to go watch it ourselves, therefore increasing their ratings and wallets. That's what they want.
---
~Currently Playing: Persona 4, Devil Survivor 2, and Magic: The Gathering~
#76JonicitePosted 12/17/2012 11:31:46 AM
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...

You would try to kill people to keep your assault rifles? I doubt anyone would take shot guns and rifles, but a hand gun / assault rifle ban would be great.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail CoD Clan: ?
---
#77Space_MonkyPosted 12/17/2012 11:33:27 AM
this just in... conservatives say stupid things. more at 11!
---
The fiction will see the real.
#78LodissPosted 12/17/2012 11:35:05 AM
poppen695 posted...
There are lot's of things turning people into vegetables...the biggest being leftist political ideals. They have fundamentally robbed people of the the ability to think, act, and care for themselves...

Give me a single example of what you're talking about, and MAYBE we can have a conversation about why you're wrong. What are leftist political ideals? Protip: if your answer is merely a synonym, like saying "leftist are liberals", then you still haven't said anything relevant or meaningful. No really, do you even know what liberalism is?

As it is, your statement is complete hyperbole devoid of substance. It's the political equivalent of "NO U".
---
You were indicted.
#79poppen695Posted 12/17/2012 11:36:01 AM
Jonicite posted...
poppen695 posted...
Lodiss posted...

You would try to kill people to keep your assault rifles? I doubt anyone would take shot guns and rifles, but a hand gun / assault rifle ban would be great.

No it wouldn't. It starts small..it's how you people work...take away the little things first..then you can move on to shotguns, pistols, rifles...etc. You are never happy till you have stripped everyone of their rights and created a nations of slaves. No, you may not have any of my guns, under any circumstances...for your own safety, do not try. Thank you, now move on please, because I will not surrender my rights as a man to the likes of you.
#80SniperFrogPosted 12/17/2012 11:37:07 AM
Space_Monky posted...
this just in... conservatives say stupid things. more at 11!

This just in... both sides say stupid things