SMG or Assault Rifles?

#11oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 4:34:55 PM
Thanks for all the insight! Keep them coming
#12AnyNamesLeft1Posted 12/26/2012 4:55:51 PM
The smg is better due to the map size...the majority of players use them so an ar would be better suited were it easier to fight long range effectivelywithout someone spawning behind you
#13JikklePosted 12/26/2012 5:02:04 PM
Map design favors SMGs but ARs can be pretty effective if used correctly.

Use Stock and Lightweight, ADS around corners, and try to stick to routes that give you the longest LOS possible.

Also recommend the perk Toughness and Quickdraw handle as being able ADS as fast as possible and to stay better on target after taking that first shot is vital if you want to outduel a SMG.
#14oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 5:59:32 AM
Jikkle posted...
Map design favors SMGs but ARs can be pretty effective if used correctly.

Use Stock and Lightweight, ADS around corners, and try to stick to routes that give you the longest LOS possible.

Also recommend the perk Toughness and Quickdraw handle as being able ADS as fast as possible and to stay better on target after taking that first shot is vital if you want to outduel a SMG.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try that tonight.
#15Nile_WaterPosted 1/3/2013 7:56:11 PM
Hello

This is how i roll.

Small Map = SMG or Shotgun

Medium Size Map = Assault Rifle

Large Map = Assault Rifle or Light Machine and Sniper Rifles.

I dont tend to Snipe much though as it is seen as Camping, i am a Run & Gunner through and through.staying in the same spot more than 3 seconds is considered Camping.

Real Men Run & Gun when they play COD.
---
My Friends---Flak 88---Sturm_Gewehr---Dimitri_Pushkin---Chompa Loompa
#16hunter_7289Posted 1/3/2013 8:20:25 PM
hand gun.

Overpowered up close and at range,
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#17DtheBruiserPosted 1/3/2013 9:31:27 PM
ARs are great all around - very versatile

Smgs are lacking after a certain range and I personally compensate by having croasecondary secondary. This means I am sending one more point but am more deadly than an AR at close range and can crossbow at long range.

Its a tradeoff and I think that which ia better for anyone depends on the strengths of your own individual play style
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#18OMEGA RUGALPosted 1/3/2013 10:01:46 PM
SMGs are NOT better because of map size.

SMGs are better because of map DESIGN.

The size of the maps are big enough ... the problem is that there is a rock, pillar, crashed debris, walls, mountains, buildings or something in the way of practically 90% of all lines of sights.

That means that even though you are outside ... there will be so much stuff in the way that someone can move from cover to the cover to cover to cover until they are within close range.

FLANKing is extremely easy in this game due to the horrific map design. It's the reason why shotguns are so easy to use in this game. Avoiding a long line of sight is easy as pie in this game due to how the maps are layout as if they took a bunch of lego blocks ... had a 2 year old grab them and randomly throw them on a mattress and there you go ... the map design for Aftermath. A big map that plays small ... just like practically all the maps in this game.

Spawning enemies within 20 ft BEHIND you also doesn't help AR users.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#19RPGamer101Posted 1/3/2013 11:10:38 PM
I have to agree with OMEGA RUGAL about the have some kind of cover in the way but I won't say the maps are that bad. They aren't the best but smg's rule because of all the cqc fights. But most maps have areas where AR's are better just stuck to those areas of the map.
---
PSN: SoundThor