POLL: Treyarch or Infinity Ward who makes better CODs?

#21Joehop007Posted 12/28/2012 2:40:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22qwerbleXPosted 12/28/2012 2:49:39 PM
IW before the fallout that occurred during MW2's life cycle, Treyarch thereafter. CoD4 and initial release MW2 were both amazing, and if MW2 had been given the proper support (i.e. there hadn't been all the legal/monetary BS that took their attention away from the game) it would have been by far the best CoD IMO. however since then Treyarch has really stepped it up and both of their last two releases (BO1 and 2) have been exceptional on most levels, and they provide lots of consistent multiplayer support for their game. but i think BO2 is still experiencing a number of significant issues (most importantly way too much lag compensation still exists, and sadly i doubt it will be removed. also the matchmaking is dumb--why include skill-based matchmaking in normal public gametypes when you introduced league play specifically to cater to the competitive scene?).
---
PSN ID: Dark_Paradigm
#23indiansfan4444Posted 12/28/2012 2:52:05 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Treyarch is my favorite CoD developer. Easter eggs and zombies! And added new features in the BO2 campaign that gave it a really good replay value... my favorite CoD game [BO2] on console but the PC version of World at War will be my #1.

My CoD ratings: WaW (PC) > BO2 > BO1 > MW3 > MW2 > WaW (console) > MW1

I'm like the only person who never liked Call of Duty 4. The first shooter game that I ever played that made me very frustrated (because few bullets = death [which I couldn't get use to until MW2] and I could never beat Miles High Club on Veteran). ._. I gave CoD4 a second chance but on PC and it just felt bland to me. But it is not my least favorite CoD game (it was my least favorite CoD game). My least favorite is Black Ops: Declassified for PS Vita, but that wasn't created by either company (I hate it because of the lack of features and bad controls).

How I prioritize my ratings in video games: Features > Story (if there is one) > Music > Gameplay > Graphics

So yeah, overall, I like Treyarch's CoD games a lot more than Infinity Ward.

You aren't the only one that didn't like CoD4 because I really didn't care for it that much either. The story was great but I wasn't big into online shooters at that point and never really got hooked until later.

Mine go BO1>BO2>MW2>W@W>MW3>MW1

It was hard to rank the 2-4 because I really liked them all but didn't get a lot of time on W@W before MW2 and BO2 is still relatively new since I have been playing a lot of other games right now instead.
#24thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:15:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25calimann83Posted 12/28/2012 3:18:19 PM
IW deserves big credit for COD4, that revolutionized (and probably saved) the series and in some ways the genre. I also do not think it is fair to say that COD4 and MW2 are the same game. MW2 made a lot of updates to how everything worked including the introduction to different Kill streaks. Now I can very much understand how you could say MW2 and MW3 are the same game, they even have the same menu. I think 2arch has done a good job making fresh and original games. I know W@W was "just another WW2 game, but I think they did a great job with it and I found it very exciting and fun. they are also much better story tellers then IW.

So over all I think they both have there strengths but 3arch has the advantage.
---
PSN: VipCk
#26thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:25:21 PM(edited)
CloneTheHero posted...
I am dumbfounded!!!! xDD

How in the world is Trreyarch even remotely better than IW!!!!??.. xDDD

Wow...

here's a look at the differences between the Treyarch CODs

WaW:

WW2 game
invented zombie mode

Blops:

adds nuketown, an awesome and popular map
changes the war for the second time in the(at the time) 6 game series
adds more options to zombie mode

Blops 2:

changes the war yet again
set in the future with future tech
first effort since COD 3 to make a worthwhile single player
choices in SP
choices that matter in SP
all your favorite maps, in the future
even more zombie options, in the future
vehicles, nothing more needs to be said

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now for the IW CODs

MW:

revolutionizes multiplayer and FPS multiplayer
first attempt at changing from WWII

MW2:

better graphics
controvertial yet awesome mission

MW3:

better graphics
end to the MW saga and story

clearly treyarch is the inferior dev
---
Blast'd kids and their posts that only say "Sig'd"! You can't sig "Sig'd"! -grand_maester
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#27thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:26:56 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Treyarch is my favorite CoD developer. Easter eggs and zombies! And added new features in the BO2 campaign that gave it a really good replay value... my favorite CoD game [BO2] on console but the PC version of World at War will be my #1.

My CoD ratings: WaW (PC) > BO2 > BO1 > MW3 > MW2 > WaW (console) > MW1

I'm like the only person who never liked Call of Duty 4. The first shooter game that I ever played that made me very frustrated (because few bullets = death [which I couldn't get use to until MW2] and I could never beat Miles High Club on Veteran). ._. I gave CoD4 a second chance but on PC and it just felt bland to me. But it is not my least favorite CoD game (it was my least favorite CoD game). My least favorite is Black Ops: Declassified for PS Vita, but that wasn't created by either company (I hate it because of the lack of features and bad controls).

How I prioritize my ratings in video games: Features > Story (if there is one) > Music > Gameplay > Graphics

So yeah, overall, I like Treyarch's CoD games a lot more than Infinity Ward.

to the bolded part:

that's insane! gameplay is the second LEAST important thing to you? MUSIC is MORE important than GAMEPLAY? music that can be turned off and replaced with your own, is more important than the gameplay that makes up the game?
---
Blast'd kids and their posts that only say "Sig'd"! You can't sig "Sig'd"! -grand_maester
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#28Zed7777ZR1Posted 12/28/2012 3:40:13 PM
@ thedarklord : you do know some people find 2d video games more appealing than 3d ...?

just a thought ...

and before you say i am liking one more than the other ... i play each COD from release till the next one comes along ... and i play each one thoroughly ... so ...
#29Kashmir75Posted 12/28/2012 3:53:40 PM
I too , prefer Treyarch's ones.

-They at least try and do new things. They vary the time period with each game. WW2/Cold War/future. As opposed to just going back to the Modern Warfare well again and again.

-Zombies was a great addition, and is better than Spec Ops mode , IMO.

-They listen to criticism and add new features to the multiplayer mode.

-They attempt to do a good and worthwhile single player campaign. BO1 and BO2's campaigns I both thoroughly enjoyed.

-They don't try too hard for the shock value (No Russian, etc)

I will be quite disappointed, but not surprised, if the next one from IW is Modern Warfare 4. How can there be another MW? I thought they ended the war with Russia, and killed Makarov?

IW's first few were excellent (COD 1, 2 and 4) but they've been treading water ever since. The next game will be COD 10 (in the main series). It should be a next gen console release. I predict one more on PS3 and then an announcement for PS4
#30Kashmir75Posted 12/28/2012 3:57:50 PM
My order is:

COD 1> COD 4> COD 2>BO2> BO1>WaW>COD 3> MW2> MW3