Express
Turbine
Meltdown
Plaza
Aftermath
Hijacked
Drone
Carrier

I mostly play Domination, so I don't really get to see Nuketown 2025. But since it's the same layout asin BO1 with a different skin, I'd put it between Meltdown and Plaza.

Carrier is the only map I refuse to play and I always leave the lobby when I see it coming up and I quit matches right away when I get thrown into that map. No strategy, just flanking ad nauseam. And it's crap when you wanna hide from any death-from-above scorestreak reward.

Drone... I just don't like it. Can't really put my finger on what I dislike about it, though.

Hijacked can be all right in a "decent" match. But it's so damn easy to get spawn-trapped there. It's one of the very few CoD map where I don't feel guilty for ragequitting. Seriously, spawns were bad in CoD for years, so why make maps so goddamn small when you're aware (or should be aware) that it makes spawn-trapping even worse?
---
I'll hug and I'll squeeze you till you're hypnotized
Show you faces and places that make you terrified to be alive
- Alien Sex Fiend
#2OMEGA RUGALPosted 1/2/2013 7:01:30 AM
Best .... standoff
Worst .... all the rest.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#3greatmario3Posted 1/2/2013 7:21:26 AM
From best to worst.

Raid
Meltdown
Hijacked
Standoff
Overflow
Express
Carrier
Plaza
Cargo
Yemen
Overflow
Drone
Turbine
Aftermath
Nuketown 2025
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#4dpcdominoPosted 1/2/2013 7:58:54 AM
I'll tier it and I play KC mostly

Tier 1
Standoff - lSuitable for a lot of play styles. This ranks as one of my favorites of all time.
Overflow - I know I am strange on this one but I like this map.
Yemen - Mini Favela style.

Tier 2
Cargo - OK but snipers kill a lot of this map's accessibility
Slums - Has spawn issues for me. But still a fun map.
Raid - Like the little courtyard for some chaos. But gives you breathing room.
Turbine - One of the few... A big map where you have cover

Tier 3
Express - Love moving parts to a map (train) but this map just does not flow well
Meltdown - Should have called the map Camp Town
Plaza - Map would be better without the roof tops with three lookout points.

Tier 4
Aftermath - Just a messy map. Too many dark areas to hide
Drone - Way too many areas to get caught in cross fires.
Carrier - Sniper map. I don;t like it but it is not a bad map. Spawn spots are imbalanced though.

Tier 5
Hijacked - Spawn camping...They really needed to remove those balconies on the backs and widen the boat some. One map I rarely opted to play.
#5KuutenPosted 1/2/2013 9:46:44 AM
I'll do the same as dpc and give them tiers.

Good:

Raid: Didn't like this map at first but as I played it I grew to enjoy it more. Love how it has CQC but also a good amount of long sightlines in different areas. However that does mean that if you're facing a good team you can pretty much be trapped on one side.
-
Meltdown: Love this map for FFA. It does get played a good bit so its somewhat easy to remember where the spawn areas are but its also fun to just go into the buildings and take out the people in them for some easy kills.

Decent:

Cargo: Longer ranges for most of the map which means ARs and Snipers seem to do pretty well here and I do like that something on the map is actually moving during the match. Would have loved to see something like in BO1 where you could hit a button and move it yourself. However the map just has something that I just don't like. Might be how some of the areas are laid out but overall still decent.

Express: Haven't really had too many problems with spawns on this game and overall its a pretty interesting map concept. I just wish i could stop getting hit by that train. But one thing that is quite annoying is the amount of people who clip at the tracks and the ones who sit in the middle building.

Alright:

Drone: Still can't really say if I like or hate this map. Not really a fan of the middle area of the map where a sniper in the woods can keep watch over that entire area. However I do love the mechanized doors, something like that is what CoD maps have really needed IMO. The inside CQC fighting is.. well, decent.
-
Slums: Been playing this alot in FFA and its grown on me from the level where it was before where I couldn't stand it. One of the maps that isn't Hijacked where I do find more spawn problems than others.
-
Overflow: I wanted to put this map lower for the hallways that has so many clipping possibilities, but I won't. The main problem I have with the map is that it reminds me of MW3 maps where there are just random things on the map strewn about.

Bad:

Turbine: I've seen a few people express that they love this map, but I just try to avoid this map if at all possible.
-
Plaza: One of the major reason I dislike this map so much is that it is a night map, same reason why I disliked Hanoi. But the main reason of disliking it so much are the rooftops that so many people love to sit on top of. And.. well, Dubstep doesn't help a map out at all.
-
Standoff: Another map that I don't dislike as much after playing it more, but its still not even close to a map I can say I don't mind playing. Way too many windows and ledges for people to take advantage of and believe me, they take those in earnest. One of the few positives I can say about this map is that for many of the areas there is at least a second way to enter a popular camping spot.
-
Hijacked: I absolutely hated Nuketown (Still do) and this map reminds me so much of it. Due to the size the spawns are madness and the possibility to get killed right off of spawn is something I didn't even see on Nuketown. The only thing that keeps it from the last list is the underbelly area of the ship.
-
Aftermath: Meh map, don't play it too much.

No.. just no:

Yemen: Unlike a few of the others i've listed, the more I play this map the more I dislike it. I thought Standoff was bad for ledges and windows, this map puts that one to shame for those types of areas. Lately on FFA, I have gotten the slowest matches ever on Yemen. But I mean I can't blame them. So many corners and areas of the map where you can go prone or into a corner and you blend in absolutely perfect with the shadows.
Carrier: I think this is one of the most hated maps of all times and it does deserve it.
-
Like a map mentioned above, seems like a bunch of random objects tossed around the map and its just really not a fun map to play.
---
Life is a Race, make sure you do not cause the caution.
#6destructoclausPosted 1/2/2013 10:20:02 AM
Tiers seem to be "in," so I'll just go with that. I mostly play Domination.

Good Tier: (should be god tier, but none of the maps in this game even come close to that)

Standoff - The best map, imo. Solid all around and well-balanced.

Raid - Another well-balanced map. Plenty of flanking routes and good choke points. One of the rarities in which the entire map gets used.

Decent Tier:

Express - Alright map with diverse areas. All weapons can thrive on this map in some way.

Cargo - A rather interesting map with plenty of choke points. It's not bad.

Meh Tier:

Drone - Kind of dumb, imo. It's either get sniped, or deal with SMGs the whole time.

Meltdown - This isn't a bad map but it promotes the hell out of camping. Another get sniped or face the SMGs map.

Overflow - They could have done so much more with this one. This map is very bland.

Plaza - A CQC map that doesn't bring much to the table, imo. Rather bland. Could have been bigger.

Turbine - Pretty unbalanced map, imo. C side can be spawned trapped so easily it's not even fair. The whole map is one huge incline that gives A side a massive advantage.

Garbage Tier:

Hijacked - Bland map with horrible spawns. Nothing to enjoy about playing this map.

Yemen - Another map that they screwed up by making it too small. Total camp fest, to boot. They could have expanded it a lot.

Slums - Yet another map that should have been expanded on. So much could have been done, but wasn't. It's just a flat surface. No elevated ground aside from a fountain. 2 big areas that are always covered with sniping and there's headglitching like mad. This map sucks balls.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#7JabberwockToothPosted 1/2/2013 10:27:59 AM
ABSOLUTE BEST:
Drone

VERY CLOSE TO BEST (All tied IMO):
Plaza
Hijacked
Meltdown
Turbine
Carrier

STILL GREAT MAPS:
All the rest, I don't hate any of these maps
---
Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
#8The_Gun_Sh0wPosted 1/2/2013 10:37:27 AM
I only play TDM but for me its...

Raid
Standoff
Slums
Plaza
Express
Overflow
Meltdown
Yemen
Cargo
Aftermath
Turbine
Hijacked
Drone
Carrier
---
Gamertag: The Gun Sh0w
#9cirus 7Posted 1/2/2013 11:04:13 AM
i dont really like any of the maps, they are all either too small and crampt, or the slightly larger ones are designed really poorly.

but by far the worst IMO are carrier and hijacked. carrier is the worst Cod map is played in a long time, i hate super tiny nuketown with a passion and i would rather play that then carrier. hijacked has the same problem nuketown had, its so small theres no strategy involved, just lots of spawn camping and grenades being tossed everywhere.

contrary to most, i feel the 3rd worst map is standoff. from my experience it has the worst spawns of any map, even hijacked. its the only map where iv been respawned within 10 feet of where i died then spawn killed multiple times in a row, and its happened on several different occasions. i also think the lay out sucks, but i dont know if the awful spawns make me dislike it or if its the map itself.
---
psn id "rajas".
#10kollisionn777Posted 1/3/2013 9:05:00 AM(edited)
good tier

turbine- probably the standout map for me. its big and good for sniping. easy to predict where the enemy is going to be

standoff- not much needs to be said. awesome map

slums- beside the spawning, i dont see any problems that other users here have for it

plaza- camping on the rooftops does get a bit annoying but other than that, i enjoy it. bit more difficult to use air scorestreaks on this but then again, i like to piss those off by hiding in the buildings

carrier- hated it at first but decided to give it a try. i find i do a lot better on this map, esp. in FFA

decent tier

meltdown- hated it with a passion at first but now i appreciate it a lot more. a lot of camping in the two main buildings but have no problem cleaning them out

overflow- another map i dont understand the hate for. may be cluttered at some parts but its decent for a SMG fight

express- another map where air scorestreaks come with a disadvantage. still, its decent once you know your way around and the spawning

cargo- decent sniping map, cargo moving can be a bit of a pain at times. other than that, not much to complain about

raid- loved it at first but ive played it a bit too much to the point where i can tolerate it at times

bad tier

hijacked- dont like this map at all

nuketown 2025- same map, futuristic design. pretty meh

yemen- i feel like its a map i should love but i just cant get my head around it. i dont enjoy all the windows around as well

aftermath- map is a real mess. reminds me of interchange and is too damn big

drone- hated it in campaign and hate it even more here. one of the worst maps ive played
---
Mother**** Tito!