I would like to know the average connection on this board....

#1highwindmtPosted 1/5/2013 3:23:30 PM
People are always complaining about lag comp, and net connection is obviously a big part of that.

So I would like to take a small survey. I would like to ask everybody to go to pingtest.net and post your results in this topic. Just use the direct link option and post it here. Please also state how bad/often you lag and if you have a wireless connection.

I would like to see if there is any real correlation. If lag is as bad as people say then there should be a pretty big disparity between good and bad connections. If lag comp actually works the way its supposed to, the results between connections should have a little more parity.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#2MC_Knight01Posted 1/5/2013 3:30:29 PM
People over exaggerate lag to the max. Now I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but any time someone loses they need something to blame. Lag is always the fall back guy!
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#3highwindmt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:34:44 PM
MC_Knight01 posted...
People over exaggerate lag to the max. Now I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but any time someone loses they need something to blame. Lag is always the fall back guy!

Yes I know, but I would really like solid facts to tell me the story. I was seriously considering putting together a spreadsheet, but there is no real way to measure lag in a game. So half the data will have to do with rough lag estimates.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#4OnDiscDLCPosted 1/5/2013 4:13:55 PM
Not on my computer right now but my ping is usually between 20-30. I have 10 down 1 up. People say that slower connections get the good side of lag comp, but I'm on the bad side half of the time. But I don't blame all my deaths on lag. I'll admit to my mistakes.
#5KingOfZer0Posted 1/5/2013 4:44:41 PM
25-30 down 5 up. and i get a lot of bad lag comp. But i do know when i make a mistake or just be down right stupid and walk into a room when i know they have 4 target finding corner campers in there.

But out of all the games i play, this game has the worst lag i have ever played.
---
Its all About the U!!
PSN&XBL: KingOfZer0
#6faris_ruhiPosted 1/5/2013 5:42:50 PM
Have a 80 down (get about 30-40 on the ps3 on the tests) and 1 up (get 1 on the ps3 as well).

Lag is pretty much nonexistant for me these days, near launch there was a lot though.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#7K4R_Nirvana41Posted 1/5/2013 6:13:15 PM
3 down 1 up, goml up kids
---
PSN: IvanMaldo. TeamVvG Captain, www.TeamVvG.tk, Lol @ You